11:54:38 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr to Everyone : Same to you Dr Gopal
11:55:01 From INDIA_Gopal Tadepalli to Everyone : Thank You.
11:57:49 From Joanna Kulesza to Everyone : Hi everyone, happy new year!
11:58:23 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr to Everyone : Hi @Joanna same to you!
12:01:09 From Heidi Ullrich to Everyone : Welcome, All! Happy 2021!
12:01:23 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr to Everyone : Same to you @Heidi
12:01:36 From Laura Margolis to Everyone : Hello and Happy New Year!
12:01:37 From Judith Hellerstein to Everyone : yes happy holidays all
12:01:52 From David Mackey to Everyone : Happy New Year Everyone :-)
12:02:12 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr to Everyone : Same to you @David
12:05:32 From Sébastien Bachollet to Everyone : I have review the doc and would like to give you my feedback
12:06:11 From Sébastien Bachollet to Everyone : It seems that I can’t raise my hand
12:06:34 From Michelle DeSmyter to Everyone : Welcome to Carlos Raul Gutierrez on the phone
12:06:58 From Bill Jouris to Everyone : Perhaps simplest to say "agree to abide by" rather than trying for a single word
12:07:09 From Alan Greenberg to Everyone : Must agree to follow (or adhere to ) RALO rules.
12:07:10 From Yrjo Lansipuro to Everyone : I recall that “to agree to follow” was suggested instead of “accept”
12:07:18 From INDIA_Gopal Tadepalli to Everyone : I agree to ...
12:07:30 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr to Everyone : I often use acknowledge and abide by or follow ….
12:07:35 From Heidi Ullrich to Everyone : @Roberto, please let me know if the AI can be completed.
12:07:41 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr to Everyone : acknowledge
12:07:50 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr to Everyone : sorry typing in the dark
12:07:55 From Heidi Ullrich to Everyone : Thank you, Roberto.
12:10:49 From Judith Hellerstein to Everyone : Yes it is strange that none of us can raise our hand
12:11:28 From Sébastien Bachollet to Everyone : Hand
12:12:11 From Michelle DeSmyter to Everyone : I will check on that feature, I see Alan does have his hand raised, though
12:12:16 From Judith Hellerstein to Everyone : for next call, can we get the hand raising capability fixed
12:12:38 From Heidi Ullrich to Everyone : Alan is able to raise his hand. We will look into why some can’t raise their hand.
12:12:45 From Michelle DeSmyter to Everyone : Yes, I am checking on that right now, actually
12:12:46 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr to Everyone : my hand raising is working just fine
12:13:18 From David Mackey to Everyone : I can’t find had raising ability - I don’t need to speak, but I’m giving feedback on the zoom tool
12:13:22 From David Mackey to Everyone : hand
12:13:50 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr to Everyone : perhaps check on some zoom update
12:13:51 From Bill Jouris to Everyone : Raising hand is working for me.
12:13:51 From Sébastien Bachollet to Everyone : Hand NOW please
12:14:02 From David Mackey to Everyone : no, I don’t need to speak. :-)
12:14:05 From Judith Hellerstein to Everyone : I just upgraded by zoom so it is not that
12:14:14 From Jonathan Zuck to Everyone : The buttons have moved to the “Reactions” button at the bottom of the screen
12:14:16 From David Mackey to Everyone : I upgraded zoom too
12:14:18 From Roberto to Everyone : SeB - OK
12:14:27 From INDIA_Gopal Tadepalli to Everyone : I thank Dr. Roberto for the wonderful effort in preparing the draft report. I am sorry, I could not spend quality time on the report. I will respond on the Wiki in a day or two. - Dr. T V Gopal
12:14:32 From Judith Hellerstein to Everyone : OH OK thanks for that jonathan
12:14:44 From David Mackey to Everyone : @Jonathan Thanks!
12:14:50 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr to Everyone : AND they still are in the base of the Participants pod as usual if you open tha in your given platform
12:15:43 From Sivasubramanian M to Everyone : An ALS member or Representative can also be an individual member?
12:15:52 From Jonathan Zuck to Everyone : @Cheryl, I think they are NOT any longer in the participants pod. All that remains is Unmute
12:16:35 From Jonathan Zuck to Everyone : Option-Y on Mac to raise and lower hand.
12:16:38 From Judith Hellerstein to Everyone : Yes @jonathan, that is what I have as well. so if you upgraded it has moved
12:16:50 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr to Everyone : It is still so in my platform but that may change of course
12:17:07 From Michelle DeSmyter to Everyone : Thank you Jonathan!
12:17:25 From Judith Hellerstein to Everyone : I would agree with Sebastien
12:17:44 From Jonathan Zuck to Everyone : Alt-Y on Windows
12:17:51 From Yrjo Lansipuro to Everyone : +1 to Sébastien
12:18:12 From Jonathan Zuck to Everyone : Agree Seb
12:20:41 From David Mackey to Everyone : It would be a good idea to continue the discussions about ALS & RALO Individual Member coordination after this working party closes. We need to mobilize both. :-)
12:21:05 From Jonathan Zuck to Everyone : That’s Alan’s group’s report, @David
12:22:04 From Yrjo Lansipuro to Everyone : An ALS should keep its RALO informed about who its leaders are. Perhaps the ALS MOB WP should discuss this
12:23:03 From Judith Hellerstein to Everyone : yes. we should do that
12:23:24 From David Mackey to Everyone : Understood Jonathan. I was on Alan’s working party too. I’m suggesting that each working party considered each At-large membership category (ALS & Individual Member), but did not strongly consider the coordination between these two categories, although more discussion about interaction was done in this working party.
12:23:52 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr to Everyone : Agree totally @Alan
12:25:24 From David Mackey to Everyone : … both working parties have made progress defining the separate expectations for each membership category. :-)
12:29:13 From Heidi Ullrich to Everyone : Alan went step by step in the ALS Mob WP Report.
12:32:07 From David Mackey to Everyone : End Users are specifically listed as individuals. It seems consistent to embrace RALO Individual Members inside the At-Large community
12:33:17 From David Mackey to Everyone : It’s important to consider organizational structure, but only under the mandate to fully represent individual users.
12:35:52 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr to Everyone : works for me @David ;-)
12:37:21 From Michelle DeSmyter to Everyone : For those that have just joined, if you have updated your zoom and need to raise your hand, please check under “reactions” versus the participants pod.
12:37:39 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr to Everyone : I hear you Alan ;-)
12:39:08 From David Mackey to Everyone : It might make more sense to focus on the At-Large mandate and take up discussions when the organization structure interferes with mobilization and high quality policy debate
12:39:49 From Alan Greenberg to Everyone : @Roberto, I *DO* understand the history and I was just saying that we should not suggest that this be replicated elsewhere.
12:40:46 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr to Everyone : we should NOT try to impose one RALOs approach as superordinate over others but we DO need clear and concise overarching principles
12:40:56 From David Mackey to Everyone : +1 CLO
12:41:59 From Roberto to Everyone : @Alan - agree, not suggesting replication of the EURALO approach
12:43:34 From Jonathan Zuck to Everyone : Feels like the same problem though, no? You have an ALS of “individual members” who must choose a rep, thereby leaving out others who might want to participate?
12:43:39 From Judith Hellerstein to Everyone : in naralo the individual members do have voting rights. Together all individual members have one vote
12:43:46 From Yrjo Lansipuro to Everyone : +1 to Sébastien
12:44:11 From Judith Hellerstein to Everyone : they also choose an individual rep but only for voting. so it is a bit different
12:44:30 From Alan Greenberg to Everyone : Having an "association" is fine. Having it be an accredited ALS is the problem, but as I said, it will be accommodated.
12:44:39 From David Mackey to Everyone : There is a fundamental challenge to connect a decentralized Internet (by design) with human organization on top of the technology … we have work ahead of us in At-Large :-)
12:46:31 From Judith Hellerstein to Everyone : we have the same thing in naralo, we have individual members who are in a leadership position
12:47:21 From Yrjo Lansipuro to Everyone : The EURALO arrangement has worked well. If it would be replicated in all RALO’s, we should have no independent/ALS problem which we have been discussing for months
12:47:57 From David Mackey to Everyone : The DNS system has always had tension between decentralized technology and human organization from the day it came into existence.
12:48:27 From INDIA_Gopal Tadepalli to Everyone : Just Curious: In EURALO, does the ALS formed with Individual Members sign an MoU with ICANN ? - Dr. T V Gopal
12:49:13 From Alan Greenberg to Everyone : All ALSes are implicitly signatories of the MOU between ICANN and each RALO.
12:50:58 From Nadira AL-ARAJ to Everyone : hi all, my calendar showed this meeting is at 19:00UTC
12:51:16 From Judith Hellerstein to Everyone : no it was always at 1800 utc
12:51:30 From Heidi Ullrich to Everyone : @Nadira, apologies for any confusion.
12:51:39 From Heidi Ullrich to Everyone : The recording will be posted shortly after the call.
12:51:40 From Yrjo Lansipuro to Everyone : Pls scroll to page 6
12:53:54 From Nadira AL-ARAJ to Everyone : @Heidi, it is my apology, seems something wrong on my end
12:59:27 From Heidi Ullrich to Everyone : The 7 day RALO review of individual applications may need to be extended during ICANN public meetings or holidays.
12:59:56 From Heidi Ullrich to Everyone : Also, the posting of the individual application may need to be reviewed given GDPR issues.
12:59:57 From David Mackey to Everyone : Thanks all. Thank you Roberto for another good meeting. :-)
13:00:18 From Jonathan Zuck to Everyone : Thanks all! Welcome back!
13:00:26 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr to Everyone : Yes back to normal 1800 UTC on Mondays
13:00:37 From Joanna Kulesza to Everyone : bye all
13:00:38 From Matthias to Everyone : thx bye

• No labels