Participants: Adam, Christopher, Oliver, Wolf, Patrick, Annette, Sebastien, Manuel Schneider, Lutz,
Staff: Matthias Langenegger, Seth Greene

Open Public Consultations:

Sebastien: Five Statements were drafted and endorsed since the last meeting.

Review of Next Steps of the At-Large Board Selection process

Christopher: I doubt that this will be concluded by the Brussels meeting as we are significantly behind schedule. We are also having issues with the BCEC as it remains challenging to schedule calls with a significant number of participants.

Sebastien: I fear that it will be difficult to finalize the process by the end of the year. The SIC seem

There was a discussion on the conflict of interest policy on the statement of interest for the Board member candidates.

Funding for EURALO General Assembly

Annette: We need to make to point that there should be a GA at every European ICANN meeting

Sebastien: The question that came up before the start of the current FY was how we should allocate the little money that we get. We should have a GA in Brussels although most of the members will participate remotely because there are many important aspects we need to discuss.

Wolf: I agree that we should have a GA in Brussels but my concern is that we won't have quorum.

Olivier: According to the FY 11 plan that was published yesterday "during the period 2010–2013, support one General Assembly for each of
the five Regional At‐Large Organizations (RALOs) held in ICANN or key regional Internet stakeholder meeting".

Annette: I am disappointed to see that so much money is spent on Staff and not on the community

Wolf: We always maintained that we need to have General Assemblies for the region to function properly

Patrick: According to the EURALO bylaws the GA can be virtual or face to face. This paragraph will make it difficult to ask for money for face-to-face meetings.

Christopher: with regards to the showcase event, the Showcase WG has put in a lot of work and I am nervous to hear that the

Olivier: I suggest that we make a strong statement on the FY11

Wolf: According to my information, we will have 8 ALS representatives present in Brussels.

Sebstien: I am a bit concerned on what I read on the chat. Apparently, ICANN only wants to fund one GA per RALO over the next three years. It's better than what we previously had but it is not good enough. I was reluctant about the showcase because it should not just be another opportunity for staff to get another speaking opportunity.

Wolf: If we can not count on ICANN funding for our GA, we should disconnect our GA from ICANN meetings and find alternative funding sources.

Annette: there needs to be a strong statement on the FY11 budet to point out our discontent with the fact that there is no funding available

Wolf: Personally, I am not very optimistic about the prospect of holding a virtual GA

Christopher: I think we should have a virtual GA in Brussels

Wolf: logistics should not be a problem, the challenge will be to submit the documents.

AI: Staff will send out a Doodle shortly after Brussels to find a date for a virtual GA in Brussels in early September

Annette: There were several problems related to the Survey as their was no overview page.

The meeting was then adjourned.

• No labels