Policy Host: Welcome to the New gTLD WG Meeting of 12 November at 14:00 UTC.

Alan Greenberg: I will be a few minutes late....

Policy Host 2: Thanks for letting us know, Alan.

R: Painful, yes.

R: Heidi, I cannot really hear you - Rinalia

Policy Host 2: I'm being quiet - Sophia is sleeping! :)

R: Oh OK. :)

Policy Host 2: Let me ping Avri

Fatimata: Hello All

Policy Host 2: Avri, Adigo is trying Cintra one more time

Policy Host 2: all other dial outs have been completed or Adigo is unable to get through.

Policy Host 2: So we can start

Policy Host 2: Getting VM still for Cintra

Alan Greenberg: On now.

Policy Host 2: Avri, we don't have any additional information atm. I can follow up today.

Policy Host 2: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+New+gTLD+Rollout+Issues+Workspace

Alan Greenberg: @Avri, it is the wiki....

Evan Leibovitch: Hi Avri, under AOB I would like to add the extraordinary Thursday meeting about name protection measures.

Evan Leibovitch: in response to this letter http://www.icann.org/en/news/correspondence/metalitz-to-pritz-17oct12-en.pdf

Dev Anand Teelucksingh: of note to the new gTLD WG, the Independent Objector has a dedicated website: http://www.independent-objector-newgtlds.org/english-version/home/

Fatimata: @Avri, I can hardly hear you

Dev Anand Teelucksingh: Some of the articles related to generic word applications : http://atlarge-lists.icann.org/pipermail/gtld-wg/2012q3/001034.html

Evan Leibovitch: At the heart of the issue ... do we want ALAC to make a statement/advice on this issue

Evan Leibovitch: Do we want to propose a statement for ALAC's consideration?

Evan Leibovitch: BTW, I have yet to hear an ALAC, RALO or ALAC member saying that we need to make a statement to the Board on this.

Fatimata: +1  @Evan

Evan Leibovitch: I'm happy to lead the call. Please understand that I have very strong ideas on the issue -- having analyzed the objections -- and may not always be the best neutral Chair

Dev Anand Teelucksingh: agree with Alan

R: +1 @Alan.

Fatimata: We need to hear what other community members think about the 2 comments received and proceed with a statement proposal

Fatimata: For me the proposals are not contradictory but complementary

Dev Anand Teelucksingh: Well, InternetNZ I believe is an ALS

Evan Leibovitch: You OK Avri?

Evan Leibovitch: Sorry, I sit corrected.

Fatimata: Yes Dev, let's them and listen to them, let them answer to our questions and

avri: sorry, i am choking on an almond i ate

Fatimata: I meant let's invite them

R: On point 2 that Evan raised, the answer for me is YES the ALAC should proceed with action on highlighting the issue via a statement, but not as part of the objection process. because the issue is outside of ALAC objection scope.

Evan Leibovitch: I have no problem crafting a statement that says "ALAC has considered this and has decided not to come out strongly in support of it"

Policy Host 2:  she is on AC room

Evan Leibovitch: There could be a hybrid:

Evan Leibovitch: 1) produce the document

Policy Host 2: Fatimata, are you able to ask your question in the AC room?

Evan Leibovitch: 2) have a kind of PCP that might include a ca;;

Evan Leibovitch: call

Evan Leibovitch: 3) Consider the call in the possible revision of the statement

Evan Leibovitch: public comment period

Evan Leibovitch: may or may not be a "formal" PCP ... if could eb

Fatimata: Evan, either ways might be good but I would prefer inviting them first.  If we go for the statement first,then, we shudl not shre it with the community if we don't wantto influen them

Evan Leibovitch: ?

Policy Host 2: Fatimata, would you like a dial out?

Evan Leibovitch: A documernt is at least a point of reference ... one that may go through multiple iterations

Evan Leibovitch: And of course will be public as it s being modified

Fatimata: Yes Evan, I agree

Fatimata: it will be a good reference

Evan Leibovitch: I'll work with staff to get a consluence workspace up

Fatimata: my only concern about influencing people's opinion prior to the meeting with the 2 comments authors

Evan Leibovitch: @Fatimata: the statement will include the point of views expressed in the objections

Fatimata: Ok Evan

Policy Host 2: Avri, do you wish to discuss with the Outreach Sub-committee?

Fatimata: I have to g to another meeting.  Thank you and good bye

Fatimata: I will read the transcript later

Evan Leibovitch: bye Fatimata

Evan Leibovitch: my action item is to create a confluence workspace on the generic-word-private ownership issue

avri: i have added the extraordinaty Tuesday item to the roll out list.  I think that this is the best way to track all of the issues related to the rollout.

avri: i mean Thursday

• No labels