Eric Brunner-Williams is the NARALO Unaffiliated ALS Representative for 2011.

1. Current vocation, employer and position

Vocation: Mathematician/programmer, technology policy advocate

Employer: Consultant, pro bono coordinator of an Indigenous Internet Accessibility project

Position: Programmer, technical policy analyst

2. Type of work performed in #1 above

Programming distributed systems, including development of registry services capable platform, regulatory and contractual technical policy consulting.

3. Identify any financial ownership or senior management/leadership interest in registries, registrars or other firms that are interested parties in ICANN policy or any entity with which ICANN has a transaction, contract, or other arrangement.

None, though I assist (teach) on a pro-bono basis, operations to an accredited registrar, which has no interest in ICANN policy.

4. Identify any type of commercial or non-commercial interest in ICANN GNSO policy development processes and outcomes. Are you representing other parties? Describe any arrangements/agreements between you and any other group, constituency or person(s) regarding your nomination/selection as a work team member. Describe any tangible or intangible benefit that you receive from participation in such processes. For example, if you are an academic or NGO and use your position to advance your ability to participate, this should be a part of the statement of interest, just as should employment by a contracted party, or a business relationship with a non- contracted party who has an interest in policy outcomes.

I am unable to identify any tangible or intangible benefit from volunteering to participate in the ICANN GNSO policy development process. I suppose I have a relationship more binding than a "business relationship" with Tribal Governments, abstractly and occasionally concretely, relating to the policy objective of reducing the technical, economic, political and social barriers to communications technology adoption in "Indian Country".

If, and when, ICANN announces that applications for new gTLDs will be accepted, then tangible and/or intangible benefit may exist when an Indigenous TLD proceeds to contract and transition to delegation than this SOI will be updated.

• No labels