At-Large Statement of Interest (SOI) Form
1) Please enter your Name:
3) Are you participating in the At-Large advisory process (including email and real-time discussions) as a representative of:
a) ALAC (if so, detail the region and term):
ALAC IDN Liaison
b) A Regional At-Large Organization (RALO) (if so, please detail the region, position and term):
c) An ICANN-accredited At-Large Structure (if so, which one):
d) Any ICANN Committee, Constituency or Stakeholder Group (if so, which one(s))?
Registry Stakeholder Group (RySG) in my capacity from DotAsia
e) Any other company or organization, whether commercial or nonprofit (if so, please detail the organization and your position):
DotAsia Organisation -- I currently serve as the CEO of DotAsia, which is a contracted gTLD registry for the “.Asia” domain. DotAsia is a not-for-profit organization with a mandate to promote Internet development and adoption around Asia. Initiatives supported by DotAsia towards that vision include: www.olpc.asia, www.mandeladay.asia, www.go.asia, www.NetMission.asia, www.isif.asia, www.aprigf.asia, www.yigf.asia, among others. Namesphere -- I currently serve as a Director Representative for Namesphere, which is an applicant and Front-End Registry Services provider for some new gTLD applications.
4) Please identify your current employer(s):
5) Please identify your current position(s):
6) Please identify the type(s) of work performed:
7) Please identify your declared country of primary residence:
8) Please list any financial relationship beyond de minimus stock ownership you may have with any company that to your knowledge has a financial relationship or contract with ICANN:
None. If and when Namesphere is successfully delegated any of its applied for or related new gTLD(s), I may have additional financial relationships with such.
9) Please identify any other relevant arrangements, interests, or benefits as requested in the following two questions:
a) Do you, your employer, and/or sponsor have any type of material or financial interest in the At-Large advisory process and its outcomes?
If the answer is “Yes,” please describe the interest:
In so far as the At-Large advisory process is about promoting participation and elevation of voices of Internet users, and/or regarding consensus policies developed through the GNSO and adopted by the ICANN board, yes. Otherwise no. DotAsia’s core mandate is to promote Internet development and adoption and DotAsia is a contracted party operating the .Asia registry.
b) Are there any arrangements/agreements between you and any other group, constituency or person(s) regarding your participation as a work team member?
If the answer is “Yes,” please describe the arrangements/agreements and the name of the group, constituency, or person(s):
I generally act purely on my personal capacity in working groups. I also may represent ISOC HK, DotAsia or the GNSO in certain working groups. If and when such capacity is the case, I will state clearly from which capacity I am participating and/or speaking form.
10) Please identify any Working Groups or other chartered teams in which you are participating (include acronyms, if applicable):
11) Additional information (optional):
12) Page last revised:
At-Large SOI Template v3 (Feb 2014)