Proposal for the ALAC to submit public comments on and file possible objections to new gTLD Applications 2012

Click here to download the procedure as approved by ALAC on March 14 2012

Click here to download the proposal as sent to the ALAC on 11 March 2012

Click here to download the English draft below in PDF format.

Draft Proposal for the ALAC to submit public comments on and file possible objections to new gTLD Applications 2012

Click here to download the English draft in PDF form.

A comment period is open until Monday, 5 March 2012 at 23:59 UTC.

• No labels

2 Comments

1. Page 2 – Add this -> (New gTLD WG) <-- after the following statement “The At-Large New gTLD Working Group...” so it reads as follows: “ The At-Large New gTLD Working Group (new gTLD WG)...”. This abbreviation is used all over the document and was never defined.

Page 4,paragraph #3: There is a typo: appended instead of appened.

Page 4, third bullet under the heading “The gTLD RG is tasked with”. It should explicitly say to whom the status updates are to be given.

Page 6, paragraph #3: is not clear if the conference call is between the working groups or between them and somebody else.

Appendix, figure 3, typo inside the last “if” diamond. There is the word “YES” that should be eliminated.

Appendix, figure 5 after the at the beginning of Week 8 of Application Comment Period there is a question about how we are going to vote on comments. My recommendation is that we vote for each comment individually. If there are many comments, maybe we can advance the voting on some of them before waiting until week 8 to do all.

1. Hello Eduardo, 

Thanks for spotting the typos and needed clarifications.

Re: Page 4, "The gTLD RG is tasked with" to whom , I've proposed the following edit:
      "giving status updates of which gTLD received comments each week to the ALAC, At-Large and RALO lists and at RALO conference calls."

Re: Page 6, paragraph #3: I've proposed the following edit:
      "At the beginning of the week, a conference call by the new gTLD WG and gTLD RG is held to review the comments on applied for gTLD strings via the gTLD Dashboard."