- Interviewed by the SSAC Membership Committee on 4Jan12
- Appointed to the SSAC as an Invited Guest on 25Feb12
- Appointment confirmed by the ICANN Board on 16Mar12
- Appointed as ALAC Liaison to the SSAC on 14Mar12
2. SSAC MEETINGS. Attended SSAC Meetings as follows:
- ICANN Costa Rica 13Mar12 (by teleconference)
- IETF Paris 28 Mar12 (by teleconference)
- Teleconference Meeting 12Apr12
3. ALAC COMMENT ON REPORTS. Coordinated and drafted the ALAC Comments on the draft Security and Stability Review Team (SSR-RT) Draft Report . See
4. CURRENT SSAC WORK PARTIES/WORK GROUPS.
- Internationalized Registration Data Working Group (IRD-WG). SSAC Members are reviewing the Final Report of the Internationalized Registration Data working group, a joint SSAC and gNSO WG studying the feasibility and suitability of introducing display specifications to deal with internationalized registration data. This report needs to be approved by both the SSAC and gNSO before it can be sent to the ICANN Board.
- Domain Name Systems (DNS) Security and Stability Analysis Working Group (DSSA-WG). I have joined this WG.
- Impact of DNS Blocking Work Party.
- Root Key Rollover Work Party.
5. POSSIBLE FUTURE WORK PARTIES.
- Public Interest (No Fee) Domain Name Holding Pen.
- Security and Stability Issues relating to new gTLDs
- Deployment of IPv6 in addition to IPv4
6. SSAC AND RELATED REPORTS RELEASED JAN-MAR 2012.
- SAC052 SSAC Advisory on Single-Character Internationalized Domain Name Top-Level Domains (31 January 2012)
- SAC053 SSAC Report on Dotless Domains (23 February 2012)
- Both reports can be downloaded at
- Release of Draft Roadmap to Implement SAC051 compiled by staff with input from the community. (SAC051: SSAC Report on Domain Name WHOIS Terminology and Structure)