Terri Agnew:Welcome to the At-Large Summit II Thematic Groups Coordination call on Friday 06 June 2014 at 2000 UTC

Terri Agnew:meeting page: https://community.icann.org/x/MKfhAg

Rafid Fatani:Sorry I'm late

Rafid Fatani:has the meeting finished?

Terri Agnew:Hi Rafid, Fayre has ended

Terri Agnew:Thematic will start in 30 minutes

Rafid Fatani:super - thank you

Allan Skuce:Greetings.

Holly Raiche:Why 30 minutes? - or was that written 25 minutes ago?

Jean-Jacques Subrenat:Hello, I'm joining the call and will try the audio link in a few seconds.

Jean-Jacques Subrenat:Hello, I've just tried the audio link, could anyone hear me?

Gunela Astbrink:Good morning everyone

Heidi Ullrich:HI all

Silvia Vivanco 2:Hello all

Heidi Ullrich:we will be putting the final allocation spreadsheet up momentarily

Holly Raiche:could I be redailed - don't know what happened- thanks

Terri Agnew:We are dialing back out to you Holly

Alan Greenberg:You just don't like us Holly!

Holly Raiche:not true

Fatima Cambronero:hello everyone

Seth Reiss:I cannot hear, is the audio working?

Alan Greenberg:Hong, it is an honour to have you here at 4 am!

Holly Raiche:@Alan - that is the joy of living in the AP zone

Glenn McKnight:Hi  Ene

Allan Skuce:Just you

Gunela Astbrink:I got in OK

Wolf Ludwig:Can we come back to this later!

Seth Reiss:I dialed in so I am OK

Terri Agnew:Welcome Dev Anand

Rafid Fatani:sorry - internet issus! I keep disconecting

Terri Agnew:Welcome Konstantin

Alan Greenberg:Raf, clearly your Internet does not like you. Therefore, I guess it does not meet net neutrality criteria.

Konstantin Kalaitzidis (SFBayISOC):Hi Terri

Rafid Fatani:HaHa! I'm not important enough! @alan

Heidi Ullrich:To remind you of the breakout room sizes: Hilton 1 & 2, 3 & 4 , 5/6 rooms do NOT have interpretation. Each room has a U for 24 pax.  Viscount has interpretation French and Spanish ONLY  150 classroom with 15 head table Windsor is ALAC room with French and Spanish ONLY  U for 39 and theater for 108

Heidi Ullrich:The Hilton rooms can go up to 30 people

Fatima Cambronero:@Heidi, which Thematic Sessions have interpretation?

Heidi Ullrich: @Fatima, that will be decided today.

Heidi Ullrich:It will be the two largest TGs

Fatima Cambronero:I have invited a lot of people from LACRALO to the Thematic Session number 3. I hope we have interpretation :)

Heidi Ullrich:Currently, the two largest are TGs 1 and 3 :)

Fatima Cambronero:great! :)

Terri Agnew:Welcome Evan

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:you have to fill the rooms

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:so there will be 20 people in the room

Heidi Ullrich:All, please note that flip charts, post it notes and pens will be provided for each group

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:small rooms = 20

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:large rooms = 56 & 57

Heidi Ullrich:so you can go into smaller groups to discuss questions

Jean-Jacques Subrenat 2:Because my audio has strong annoying echo, I'll have to log out and log in again. May take a few minutes.

Eduardo Diaz:Yes

Eduardo Diaz:@Alan: yes

Eduardo Diaz:@ALAN: 15 + 5

Jean-Jacques Subrenat:I'm back, audio now normal.

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:so effectively the room capacity is the number quoted plus 5 for eacdh?

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:= 62, 25, 63, 25, 25 ?

Eduardo Diaz:@Olivier: yes

Gunela Astbrink:Yes, @Cheryl. that is a good technique

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:so in total we are 200 people?

Eduardo Diaz:No olivier, The numbers that you are seeing include the 5 running the meeting

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:exactly. so it's not 20+5

Eduardo Diaz:Total is 175

Glenn McKnight:I thought  these  sessions  were  public ,  It could  be  much more  attendees

Eduardo Diaz:@Olivier: you are correct. Look at the top of the table after the comments table and you see the totals there

Fatima Cambronero:I prefer a big group, the we can divide and work in sub-groups

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:62+25+63+25+25 = 200, not 175

Glenn McKnight:If  public  the numbers  could  be much  more

Fatima Cambronero:*the we can divide...

Fatima Cambronero:*then

Eduardo Diaz:57+20+58+20+20 = 175

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:ok -- so you said earlier that it was 20+5

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:aaah -- 15+5

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:ok. I don't count the SMEs, moderators etc. as special for room allocation. We just need to deal with numbers

Eduardo Diaz:You need glasses or is too late (ja!)

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I've got allocation sorted. I'll speak later

Glenn McKnight:@ Evan didn't you say  the public  is allowed at our  sessions?

Evan Leibovitch:It is my understanding that all ATLAS sessions are public; however during the thematic sessions, At-Large will always get speaking priority

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:we will work with staff later today/ tomorrow sure. but we will focus on our group people first  ;-)

Holly Raiche:I was assuming that the public is invited -

Fatima Cambronero:agree with fishbowl

Wolf Ludwig:Excellent -- thanks Cheryl!

Evan Leibovitch:who made this chart?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:we will do large group bowl to start then break into questions smaller groups , we have put a short how too on the technique together for our group so people can look at that reference sure

Eduardo Diaz:http://betterevaluation.org/evaluation-options/fishbowltechnique

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:will be easy to pick up on however...

Eduardo Diaz:@evan: which chart?

Evan Leibovitch:the one on the screen

Evan Leibovitch:the list of people and languages

Glenn McKnight:If  breaking into  smaller  groups the  reporting  becomes  more  difficult

Glenn McKnight:The  smaller  groups  need  to  have  summaries for the  reporters

Evan Leibovitch:Glenn is right. Reporting can be done on the overall discussions, but not easily on any breakouts

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:needs to be modified bowl technique. of course as this is primarily used for a number of educations purposes.  but easy to work with adults of different experiences and skill sets in communications and group dynamically

hong xue:me OKay

Heidi Ullrich:@Cheryl, does this technique have the smaller groups staying the room, or going outside (coffee? ) and then re-convening in a certain amount of time?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:yup it is the best Breakout system to use in a packed room

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:you just turn chairs to face each other in 2 rows of any size 'circle'

Heidi Ullrich:great! So they will get a change of scenery

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:do NOT need tables though

Fatima Cambronero:only chairs. For me that sessions are useful to start the discussions and to allow all the participants speak

Heidi Ullrich:I believe that all rooms will be in U-shape

Heidi Ullrich:but can the smaller groups go outside?

Wolf Ludwig:@Fatima: Don't expect that most participants will step in and contribute before London.

Heidi Ullrich:What was done during the AC/SO leadership orienation in BA, was that the small groups (when in the larger room) to set up chairs on each side of the U

Heidi Ullrich:in small groups

Holly Raiche:Do we need to rearrange - even out the numbers to make sure everyone can fit in rooms?

Heidi Ullrich:@Holly, I don't believe we can change the rooms

Holly Raiche:The question wasn't changing rooms - it was changing numbers to fit rooms

hong xue:@

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:I suspect so Holly

Fatima Cambronero:@Wolf, Unfortunately, you're right. People not contributes and only criticizes the work we do other...

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:load balance

Evan Leibovitch:I agree that some kind out of breakout tactic should be ready, but would prefer for the Moderator to get a "feel of the room" to see to what extent breakouts will help

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:should be just the basics nothing fancy required but will be more complex with rooms that require interpretation

hong xue:hi, tg4 leaders, could you copy your organization plan with smes? thanks

Heidi Ullrich:@TG leaders, please let staff know ASAP after this call when you would like to have your coordination calls

Holly Raiche:No teacher EVER has students sitting in the same place for a long time - breakouts and different formats will be essential

Heidi Ullrich:We have set up mailing lists for all of your groups

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:@evan of course and it is likely to need a system that draws people in to ensure engagement

Rafid Fatani:sure

Rafid Fatani:yes One

Evan Leibovitch:WHEW!

Holly Raiche:Why is Avri listed in TWO groups

Gunela Astbrink:Happy to do that

Fatima Cambronero:yes, Wolf. We are discussing some issues with @Gunela now

Jean-Jacques Subrenat:Yes, I agree.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:no call required for TG2 we will have some homework set though... the Leadership team might want a short call arranged though we had hoped for this week to do that but will want to arrange a quick call for next week sometime probably

Fatima Cambronero:we will share that ideas with all the groups number 3

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:need a doodle

Glenn McKnight:Judith  can not  volunteer  for  Saturday's

Heidi Ullrich:@Wolf, should the proposed columns on this page  be delated: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/ATLAS+II+Thematic+Group+Coordination

Glenn McKnight:My  name is still on the page,

Glenn McKnight:it's  the link  provided  by Heidi

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/ATLAS+II+Thematic+Group+Coordination

Glenn McKnight:Am  I reporting  or  not

Glenn McKnight:The  wiki  space  has  Judith and Me  still listed 

Alan Greenberg:So is Chester Soong in TG4 or not?

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:who are the session reporters for TG3?

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Chester was listed as TG4 yes.

Heidi Ullrich:@Olivier, Chester is in TG4;

Glenn McKnight:Just  answer my question  Am I  on the list  for reporting or not?

Alan Greenberg:ok. Confused because Wolf said he was moved to a differnet one.

Heidi Ullrich:Glenn and Judith are currently in TG 3 - Glenn is main reporter

Heidi Ullrich:Judith is assistant reporter

Glenn McKnight:What  is wolf  saying,  he  says  Judith and I were  removed..  

Glenn McKnight:Judith  is n

Glenn McKnight:@Heidi  I see the  chart  and link but  it  doesn't  match with what  Wolf  is saying

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:so if Judith & you were removed, who are the reporters for TG3? Again

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:That's exactly my point

Glenn McKnight:Lets   remember   Judith is  religious  not  part time for not doing  Saturday

Fatima Cambronero:do you share with all of us the table that we see now in the AC?

Heidi Ullrich:Glenn, are you avail Sat and Sunday?

Holly Raiche:@ Hong - I think you,Avri, Alan and I should cooperate on the session off line/on the wiki

Glenn McKnight:I  am  availble  both days

Heidi Ullrich:I believe that Wolf would like you to be the main person for both days

Evan Leibovitch:look at the current membership in TG1.

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:aah ok. So you are the sole reporter for TG3 then?

Heidi Ullrich:as sharing might not be a good idea, Glenn

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:in which case this needs to be update don the WIKI

Evan Leibovitch:Bill Drake, Adrian Carballo, Alejandro Pisanty.

Evan Leibovitch:Hall these could easily be SMEs!!!

Evan Leibovitch:All

Evan Leibovitch:Adam does NOT need to go looking far for backup.

Wolf Ludwig:Again: Job-sharing makes no sense at all for crucial functions!

Fatima Cambronero:Evan, we offered to them the possibility to serve as SME, but they didn't want

Fatima Cambronero:at least to one of them...

Evan Leibovitch:I am saying that they are all possessing of the expertise even if they don't want the title of SME.

Heidi Ullrich:Please refresh this page: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/ATLAS+II+Thematic+Group+Coordination

Heidi Ullrich:I think some of you may be looking at the wrong columns

Fatima Cambronero:but the problem is that the people didn't understand that they are ROLES, All the participants can discuss, make inpunts, etc

Evan Leibovitch:When I originally suggested the idea of SMEs rather than "leaders" pro "presenters", I envisioned SMEs who would assist the discussion without leading it.

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I also understood that, @Evan

Evan Leibovitch:So in TG1 we have plenty of that expertise and organizational history, even if they don't have the titles.

Gunela Astbrink:I thought that the reporting on Saturday afternoon would be minimal as it's an intro session. So therefore wouldn't Glenn be the main reporter?

Fatima Cambronero:@Evan, I am not expert. I am in that group to collaborate and facilitate the discussions and outcomes

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:@fatima in out TG we already know that some o our SME input is onlynavailbale for a limited amount of time... That is OK we can work with that but if the participants nate notbenegaged that IS a huge issue IMO especially on the Sunday

Evan Leibovitch:@Fatima Exactly. Moderators don't need to know the topic but must be skilled in guiding the conversation.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:are we going to load balance the size of groups at all?

Evan Leibovitch:Reporters need to express the conversations and outcomes.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:EXACTLY/evan

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:2 groups @56 people. 3 at 20

Evan Leibovitch:All the roles are fairly distinct

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:dictated by size of the rooms

Heidi Ullrich:Moderators and Reporters have critieria for their activities

Eduardo Diaz:and intrepretation facilities

Heidi Ullrich:the criteria are on - https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/ATLAS+II+Thematic+Group+Coordination

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:understand the logistics. but a 20 capacity room needs 20 allocated I would think to lower load on the larger ones

Jean-Jacques Subrenat:@Wolf, your conclusion about TG3 is noted: you and Gunela as Moderators, Glenn and Judith as reporters. Thank you.

Fatima Cambronero:@Evan, do you think I am in the incorrect role? I can help in any role

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:also one About

Heidi Ullrich:@Olivier, Eduardo has allocated everyone!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:we have Mohommad as well inTG2

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: TG2 can take EN speakers

Eduardo Diaz:Carlos gutierrez speaks EN fluently

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:all our listed ESL are fluent I thought in EN, but we have room for more

Evan Leibovitch:I can do French ... badly ... if pressed :-)

Evan Leibovitch:Fatima, you pick the  role in which you are most comfortable... expertise in the subject matter or a focus in keeping the discussion running inclusively and smoothly

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:@Cheryl: so miguel can speak English?

Evan Leibovitch:They are very distinct roles

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:our group will effectively be only 9 on the Sunday  so can take more up to 20 just allocate EN speakers. we have no other limitations IMO

Alan Greenberg:I really have to go very soon.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:EN is listed as a Working Language. so I assume yes

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:ok then there's no problem with your group Cheryl. So that's TG1, TG2, TG3 all fine

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:you can switch him out sir OCL but our group should. not be too small would prefer the full 20 slots filled

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:we'll fill your group with the poeple that did not respond to the survey Cheryl

Jean-Jacques Subrenat:@Heidi and @Wolf: by Monday, I will send the TG3 agenda outline to the members of the TG3, and to you.

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:remember 63 people are to be allocated

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Yup EN people :-)

Heidi Ullrich:Thanks, JJS.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:understood

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:sorry 65 poeple are to be allocated of which 41 English speakers

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:so don't wirry we can pad your group :-)

Cheryl Langdon-Orr::-) :-) :-) :-)

Rafid Fatani:Thank you Wolf

Eduardo Diaz:GRacias wolf

Evan Leibovitch:bye!

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Take care all

Fatima Cambronero:thanks everyone! bye

Jean-Jacques Subrenat:Goodbye all!

Gunela Astbrink:Bye

Rafid Fatani:bye all

Allan Skuce:Thanks. Bye

• No labels