Yesim Nazlar:Welcome to ALAC Subcommittee on Outreach and Engagement on Thursday, 14 January 2016 at 19:00 UTC
  Yesim Nazlar:Agenda: https://community.icann.org/x/-ZtlAw
  Yesim Nazlar:Welcome Siranush!
  Siranush Vardanyan:hi, Yesim, thank you. a bit earlier, I know;)
  Siranush Vardanyan:thanks, Yasim
  Siranush Vardanyan:sorry for misspelling
  Yesim Nazlar:I've just tried an audio test with you. Were you able to hear me?
  Yesim Nazlar:No worries with the spelling :)
  Siranush Vardanyan:no
  Siranush Vardanyan:can you hear me?
  Maureen Hilyard:Hi Siranush :)
  Maureen Hilyard:Hi Yesim... I'm  just waiting on a call
  Maureen Hilyard:I can hear you..
  Maureen Hilyard:Hi Cheryl. 't know you were there :)
  Yesim Nazlar:Welcome Maureen & Cheryl!
  Maureen Hilyard:my keyboard is playing up.. and connectivity is wonky - a great start for 2016 meetings
  Siranush Vardanyan:hi, Maureen and Cheryl. i have some issues with audio jow, is it only me, Yesim?
  Alan Greenberg:Hi, not on phone bridge yet.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:my audio is OK  Siranush...
  Yesim Nazlar:Welcome Alan!
  Maureen Hilyard:I was able to hear you before Siranush,. can you not hear us?
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:@Maureen - Patch Tuesday was two days ago
  Siranush Vardanyan:now i cannot hear anything
  Gisella Gruber:@ Siranush - we are dialling out to you
  Alan Greenberg:No. dialing in now
  Yesim Nazlar:Welcome Jimmy!
  Beran Gillen:hello everyone
  Beran Gillen:sorry am late
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:np, Beran
  Yesim Nazlar:Welcome Beran!
  Alan Greenberg:On now.
  Gisella Gruber:@ Siranush - we are not able to get through to you
  Glenn McKnight:Hi
  Beran Gillen:Thanks Yesim
  Vanda SCARTEZINI:hi all finally the adobe started
  Beran Gillen:Hi Vanda!!!!
  Jimmy Schulz:hi all
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:hi
  Jimmy Schulz:had to stop my children watching IPTV
  Jimmy Schulz:now connection is ok
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:how cruel!
  Ali Almeshal:Hi Sorry a bit late
  Yesim Nazlar:Welcome Ali!
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Hi ALI
  Vanda SCARTEZINI:poor kids...
  Jimmy Schulz:they´ll survive playing PS4
  Vanda SCARTEZINI:@ jim, sure.  always some kind of electronics to entertaining kids nowadays...
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:phew  Jimmy ... thought we might need to 'call the authorities'
  Beran Gillen:am back
  Alfredo Calderon:@Dev, I like the second approach better.
  Jimmy Schulz:;-) its almost bed time... so thats just the last 30 minutes.
  Siranush Vardanyan:loosing audio from time to time, it is from my cojnectivity i guess
  Daniel K. Nanghaka:The second approach is great
  Gisella Gruber:@ Dev: for logistical purposes, I need to know if we need a meeting room with interpretation and that needs to be decided by Friday (tomorrow) COB
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Yes I prefer to bring people INTO the ICANN meeting
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:WHy then does this need to be dine DURING  a meeting by ICNN in the REGION>>>  IT CAN BE DNE AN TIME
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:SORRY CAPS
  Daniel K. Nanghaka:We need interpretation services because I personnaly I do not know French
  Vanda SCARTEZINI:hi AZIZ, nice to hear from you!
  Jimmy Schulz:I´d prefer to bring people into the meeting.
  Jimmy Schulz:on the other hand thats not "out" reach anymore
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:so you only need a FR speaking delegation  to attend the UNi meeting ....  fine sorted then
  Maureen Hilyard:I agree Cheryl.. it is using valuable time when outreach could be done locally.. and students who want to come to the meeting can register as per the norm - newbies could register with aziz and be buddied up with ALAC members, etc
  Ali Almeshal:I would prefer to go to university as well
  Maureen Hilyard:But all of us?
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:I agree Maureen but arrangements are in play  and made by people better connected to know the local needs and how to best meet them
  Alfredo Calderon:Are other universities near the one mentioned.That could be a meeting venue outside ICANN venue.
  Heidi Ullrich:The ALAC could self-select who goes to the university or who stays in the venue to continue working on policy issues
  Gisella Gruber:Tuesday
  Vanda SCARTEZINI:i believe only french speaking shall go to interact with people with some facility, otherwise will be waste of time. may be few can understand easily english for an open conversation
  Heidi Ullrich:The university students could register and then be invited to attend Newcomer events and/or At-Large meetings as well as being assigned ALAC/RALO leader mentors
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:may as well only send out FR speakers  with perhaps an EN  or 2
  Maureen Hilyard:@Vanda - +1
  Vanda SCARTEZINI:@cheryl. I believe you right
  Glenn McKnight:I think we need  clarification of the  type of  studies the university will be taking.
  Vanda SCARTEZINI:1 or 2 EN
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:I would like to think they would do so Heidi
  Alfredo Calderon:How about faculty?
  Siranush Vardanyan:can i request to call me? i can hardly follow the discussion, but then note that i will not be in adobe space, only via phone
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:the PRE meeting outreach is great and very important  and delighted t here it has been done so effectivly Aziz... we however for this meeting are lookibg at what we if anythig need to do on Tue afternoon in our allocated during meetig programme
  Gisella Gruber:Seun has joined the call
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:  YES  Ali the running newcommers sessions  etc, in an ICANN Meetg is ideal to utalize
  Daniel K. Nanghaka:That is a good idea to have them into the new comer session
  Maureen Hilyard:@Ali and Cheryl +1
  Beran Gillen:yes +1 to Ali
  Gisella Gruber:Seun on the call
  Gisella Gruber:on ADIGO bridge only
  Heidi Ullrich:@Alan, I believe as long as people register, they can attend the ICANN Meeting.
  Lawrence OlaWale-Roberts:Apologies for joining late please
  Daniel K. Nanghaka:I suggest the students who will be coming to the meeting should register prior to coming
  Yesim Nazlar:Welcome Lawrence!
  Heidi Ullrich:Hi All, Meeting Staff have confirmed that anyone can attend the ICANN Meeting as long as they register.
  Daniel K. Nanghaka:@Hieldi, could the student IDs be used as accredition since they will be coming in for the afternoon
  Heidi Ullrich:We can work with staff who support the Newcomer activities to ensure these students are welcomed
  Heidi Ullrich:@Daniel, they simply need to register: https://registration.icann.org/
  Heidi Ullrich:It takes 1 minute to complete the registration form
  Heidi Ullrich:and they get the welcome bag and t-shirt, too :)
  Daniel K. Nanghaka:Great, then I suggest that the students be informed to register such that we can solve the issue that the students can come in
  Heidi Ullrich:+1 Daniel
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:<question>  with the pre meeting outreach were the Newcommer session on Sundy even  pushed  or was the meeting outlined as Mnday onwards??
  Heidi Ullrich:@Aziz, could we send you materials that you can distribute?
  Heidi Ullrich:Ahead of time (i.e., their homework)
  Heidi Ullrich:or just when you go to the unversity
  Glenn McKnight:My concern to the university students  is  what is the message.   As experienced  Joe and I spoke at  McGill's  Engineering class  and the presentation was not  relevant
  Heidi Ullrich:Staff need to know the items you would like for this event
  Glenn McKnight:The message should be relevant
  Heidi Ullrich:@Aziz, would you like us to link these studentes to a NextGen event as well?
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:that would IMO  be a good idea Heidi
  Maureen Hilyard:+1 Heidi.  I guess we are focusing on introducing them to the different sections of ICANN - they'll find their own niche
  Glenn McKnight:Knowing the audience is  Marketing 101
  Heidi Ullrich:If I may, should we have another call on this topic and invite the Newcomer and NextGen staff (a smaller group call is ok too).
  Heidi Ullrich:so we can coordinate the collaboration?
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:I SUPPORT THAT Heidi
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:sorry my CAPS  keeps sticking
  Vanda SCARTEZINI:@heidi. good idea.
  Ali Almeshal:Agree with Heidi and we also invite the GSE team who visit Morocco
  Glenn McKnight:can;t  hear Seun very well
  Heidi Ullrich:Good point, Ali
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:he is proposing much of hat has already been outined or discussed in Chat  but he is only on ADIGO bridge so is not aware of any of that
  Heidi Ullrich:@Dev, should we make this an Action Item?
  Lawrence OlaWale-Roberts:part of the content for advocacy at the school could be a focus on the remit of ICANN using the pictorial chart presented by fadi at the opening session durning ICANN 54
  Heidi Ullrich:I would suggest the session be very interaction with a lot of oppty for the students to ask questions
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:visual approach is importnt  so the info graphics ICANN has  are imortant to use  YES Lawrence
  Vanda SCARTEZINI:my fench is poor thouth I understand the language, and I can be available to go if I fit in the profile.
  Aziz:@heidi This is exactly what we did at the University of Rabat
  Heidi Ullrich:We can prepare USB drives for them
  Aziz:Welcome Vanda
  Glenn McKnight:I assume the call is for those  selected to go to the  Unversity outing
  Vanda SCARTEZINI:ICANN has lots of interesting graphis aninto Slides I have been using this a lot to talk about ICANN in events.... we can use them  
  Heidi Ullrich:Staff will create a wiki page for the collection of documents to be posted onthe USB drive and those where hard copies are important
  Heidi Ullrich:We can give them a quiz :)
  Vanda SCARTEZINI:not so good french but I udnerstand well so I can interact with them. of course Sebastien and Olivier are french native...
  Maureen Hilyard:Send Gisella to the university as well
  Heidi Ullrich::)
  Alan Greenberg:I suspect all students will understand what a gov't ID is.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Damn good idea Maureen
  Heidi Ullrich:She sounds wonderful in EN and FR (and every other language she speaks) :)
  Vanda SCARTEZINI:for sure ALAN.
  Maureen Hilyard:Theyd be oming to the meeting in droves if we sent her :)
  Vanda SCARTEZINI:@ heidi, true, gisella is wonderful with languages...
  Heidi Ullrich:Meetings Staff are 98% sure student id is ok.
  Heidi Ullrich:Thanks All.
  Vanda SCARTEZINI:thanks to all
  Ali Almeshal:bye, thanks all
  Maureen Hilyard:Thanks Dev and everyone
  Lawrence OlaWale-Roberts:Bye and thanks all
  Alfredo Calderon:bye
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:bye thanks al
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:bye all
  Daniel K. Nanghaka:bye all
  Siranush Vardanyan:thanks all
  Daniel K. Nanghaka:me to to the University
  Jimmy Schulz:au revoir