ALAC Monthly March Teleconference
Meeting Number: AL.ALAC/CC.0313/1
Date: Tuesday 26 March 2013
Time: 1400 - 1600 UTC
(For the time in various timezones click here)
Adobe Connect Meeting Room: http://icann.adobeconnect.com/alac
Interpretation Available: Yes (ES, FR - Simultaneous)
Olivier Crépin-Leblond, Alan Greenberg, Carlton Samuels, Yaovi Atohoun, Eduardo Diaz, Dev Anand Teelucksingh, Holly Raiche, Evan Leibovitch, Sandra Hoferichter
Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Julie Hammer
Joao Carlos Caribe, Ron Sherwood, Maureen Hilyard, Avri Doria, Winthrop Yu, Alfredo Lopez, Wolf Ludwig, Carlos Watson (1530 UTC)
ES: Juan Manuel Rojas, Fatima Cambronero, Alberto Soto, Natalia Enciso, Alfredo Lopez
Apologies: Rinalia Abdul Rahim, Garth Bruen, Tijani Ben Jemaa
Staff: Matt Ashtiani, Heidi Ullrich, Gisella Gruber, Silvia Vivanco
Interpreters: ES: Veronica and David & , FR: Claire and Fernanda
A G E N D A
Standing Agenda Items
1. Adoption of agenda; call for Any Other Business or other amendments – Olivier (3 minutes)
2. Roll call and apologies – Staff (2 minutes)
3. Review of the Action Items from the 26 February 2013 ALAC Meeting - Olivier (10 minutes)
4. Review of current ALS applications – Olivier, Staff (10 minutes)
a. Organizations that are Currently undergoing the Accreditation Process
i. (167)- (AFRALO) Sierra Leone - AFRALO to suggest the organization should join the BC as it is a business organization.
iii. (177) Tedic (Technology, education, development, research and communication) [PDF, 51 KB] (TEDIC ) - (LACRALO) - LACRALO collecting regional advice.
5. Reports – Olivier (5 minutes)
See: RALOs and Liaisons wiki page
See: ALAC Monthly Reports wiki page
Note: Usually, no discussion of these reports is scheduled for this meeting; the above link is for information only. Any WG or RALO Chair/Liaison seeking to discuss his/her report or a related decision is asked (i) to edit the relevant agenda section under Items for Decision or Items for Discussion before the meeting or (ii) to raise the item when Any Other Business is called for under agenda item 1, before adoption of the agenda.
Items for Decision
6. ALAC Policy Development Activities - Tijani, Olivier (30 minutes)
a. Recently adopted ALAC Statements, Documents or Groups:
- ATRT 2 Candidate Endorsement
- Thick Whois PDP WG - Adopted 14Y, 0N 0A
- At-Large IDN Variant TLD Program – Procedure to Develop and Maintain the Label Generation Rules for the Root Zone in Respect of IDNA Labels – Second Public Comment Draft Workspace - Adopted 13Y, 0N, 0A
- ICANN Volunteer engagement and Travel Support issues - Correspondence, submitted
- "Closed Generic" gTLD Applications 0 Adopted 13Y, 0N, 1A
- Whois Registrant Identification Study, Draft Report - Adopted 11Y, 0N, 1A
- ALAC Joint Statement on the Consultation on ccTLD Delegation and Redelegation Performance Standards and the Consultation on gTLD Delegation and Redelegation Performance Standards - Adopted11Y, 0N, 0A
- Revised New gTLD Registry Agreement Including Additional Public Interest Commitments Specification - Adopted 10Y, 0N, 0
b. Statements or Endorsements currently being developed, reviewed or voted on by the ALAC
- FY14 Community Travel Support Guidelines - Tijani Ben Jemaa to draft a Statement. Comment period closes 21 April 2013. Reply period closes 11 June 2013.
- Preliminary Issue Report on gTLD Registration Data Services - Carlton Samuels drafting a Statement. Comment period closes 19 April 2013. Reply period closes 13 May 2013.
- ICANN's FY 14 Security, Stability and Resiliency Framework - ALAC Commenting. Comment period closes 19 April 2013. Reply period closes 13 May 2013.
- Consultation on Root Zone KSK Rollover - Technical Issues WG to confirm if a Statement is necessary. Comment period closes 5 April 2013. Reply period closes 27 May 2013.
- Public Interest Commitments Dispute Resolution Procedure (PICDRP) Comment period closes 19 April 2013. Reply period closes 13 May 2013.
- Proposed 2013 RAA Posted for Comment Comment period closes 28 March 2013. Reply period closes 19 April 2013.
- Statement on WCIT Outcomes
c. Currently Open Public Comments
- Proposed Modification of GNSO PDP Manual to Address the Suspension of a PDP - No Statement
- Locking of a Domain Name Subject to UDRP Proceedings – Initial Report - No Statement
- Consultation on Root Zone KSK Rollover - No Statement
- Revised Proposal of the ACDR to Serve as a UDRP Dispute Resolution Service Provider - No Statement
7. At-Large New gTLD WG- Recommendations on Post Objection-Filing Activities - Avri Doria and Olivier Crepin-Leblond (10 minutes)
Items for Discussion
8. Revised ALAC ROPs - Final Comments Prior to Vote - Alan Greenberg, Cheryl Langdon-Orr (10 minutes)
See: ALAC meeting for the final review of the revised RoPs 2013-03-19 for final version and comments
9. Update from the FBSC - Olivier Crepin-Leblond (15 minutes)
10. Update from Selected At-Large Working Groups - WG Chairs (15 minutes)
a. At-Large Capacity Building WG - Sala Tamanikaiwaimaro (5 mins)
b. ICANN Academy WG - Sandra Hoferichter (5 mins)
c. At-Large ALAC New Metrics gTLD Taskforce (Evan Leibovitch and Alan Greenberg) (5 mins)
11. Review of At-Large Meeting Schedule for the 46th ICANN Meeting in Beijing - All (10 minutes)
a. Schedule and agendas of ALAC and At-Large meetings - See At-Large Beijing Meetings Workspace
b. Update on APRALO Beijing Events - See APRALO Beijing Events Workspace
12. Any Other Business – Olivier (5 minutes)