ALAC Meeting with the GAC - Los Angeles
Date: Tuesday 14 October 2014
Time: 14:00 - 15:00 local time (For the time in various timezones click here)
Room: Plaza Pavilion
Meeting Number: AL.ALAC/. 1014/1
Adobe Connect room: https://icann.adobeconnect.com/lax51-plazapavilion/
AC Chat Transcript:
- Topic 1. Public Interest Commitments and GAC category 1 safeguards
- The GAC Leadership has discussed this topic with the ALAC at previous ICANN meetings. The GAC communiqué has made recommendations with regards to Category 1 Top Level Domains. What follow-up activity has there been with regards to these domains?
- Are GAC members concerned by the current mixed message regarding the public interest that Public Interest Commitments (PICs) appear to have a very basic part that is part of the Registry Agreement (Specification 11) and one unclear part that some purport to be "voluntary"?
- How could the compliance and the dispute resolution procedure be strengthened to better serve Internet users?
- Topic 2. IANA Stewardship Transition - taking stock
- Topic 3. TBA