JJS:testing
  JJS:Hello Gisella, Heidi, Matt, Adigo...
  Matt Ashtiani:Hello Jean-Jacques
  Cintra Sooknanan:Hello
  JJS:Hi Cintre
  JJS:(a)
  Cintra Sooknanan:Bonjour Jean Jacques
  Cintra Sooknanan:seems as if everyone is at/following IGF
  JJS:Gisella, someone's trying to call my mobile 'phone. If it's the operator for the ALAC conference, could you ask that they call instead +862167750658 as requested? thanks.
  JJS:Cintra, IGF: yes, except those who did not manage to have their flight and accommodation taken care of by ICANN...
  JJS:Gisella, operator just called proper number, but no one spoke...
  CLO:Hi JJS  Hi Cintra
  JJS:Hello Cheryl
  JJS:ah, am being connected
  Cintra Sooknanan:Good evening Cheryl
  CLO::-)
  Cintra Sooknanan:it's like taking work home, Olivier
  Cintra Sooknanan:lol
  Titi:Hello all
  CLO:Hi Titi
  Gisella Gruber-White:Welcome Titi
  Titi:Jojing you all fromt he IGF Opening Session
  Gisella Gruber-White:will you be joining the aduio bridge and/or would you like a dial-out?
  Cintra Sooknanan:Hi Titi, do we know eachother from Next Gen?
  Titi:Cintra highly probable if not Next Gen somewhere in the wider Info. Society/Internet ecosystem
  Titi:if ic an get the audio bridge would be good
  Titi:dial out not feasible
  Evan Leibovitch:on the call.
  Cintra Sooknanan:Hi Evan
  JJS:Hi Evan
  Evan Leibovitch:hi all
  Heidi Ullrich 2:Hi everyone!
  Gisella Gruber-White:Reminder: *6 to mute and *7 to unmute
  Gisella Gruber-White:Please state your names when speaking
  Gisella Gruber-White:Please speak slowly and clearly for the interpreters
  Alan Greenberg:Sorry for being late. Dialing in now.
  Heidi Ullrich 2:I'm here, Gisella!
  CLO:are our  ACZ rooms  for this meeting set uo for audio Out?  so Titi can listne oin broadcast?
  CLO:ergh  sorry about my typos
  Titi:I don't think it is
  Gisella Gruber-White:Dave Kissoondoyal sends his apology
  CLO:is this just an issue  for this call today  during IGF Titi or a more general issue  as we will have to fix
  Gisella Gruber-White:No audio for this AC Room
  Titi:just for IGF though I think good idea to include audio out fr future meetings will help increase participation somewhat - even if no opportunity to speak
  Titi:Ok Gisella. Thanks
  CLO:we are just  going through the action items   froma last meeting atm  Titi
  Titi:ok
  Alan Greenberg:Could we please add to Other Business the Joint WG - Consumer Choice, Competition and Innovation.
  CLO:Noted    Alan  shall do...
  CLO:both OCL & I are IN the GNSO WG (well to be confirmed  WG
  CLO:JJS  is asking  for an update on gLobal Partnerships  and Heidi will ask Mandy Carver  to send an update  to our announce list
  Alan Greenberg:Understood, but the GNSO has now formally chartered the group and ALAC needs to decide it they will jointly charter it or not (since Board request was to GNSO, ccNSO, GAC and ALAC)
  CLO:So Alan  did it go through as a joint  or Cross Community WG  or just an 'open' GNSO  one :?
  CLO: resolutioj was written either way  IMO
  Heidi Ullrich 2:Link to Global Partnership page that shows recent and upcoming meetings where Global Partnership Regional Liaisons will/have been:http://www.icann.org/en/global-partnerships/
  JJS:what's an Australian "bawk" ?
  Alan Greenberg:I missed a small part of that discussion but beleive that it did pass (minutes not yet posted). But resolution was to invite other SO/AC to sign on to same charter, and if none did so, it would be a GNSO olny WG (of course all WG are open to other participation).
  CLO:Ahh  good  'cause the Charter IS built  to be A OK  for a joint  WG  style :-)
  CLO:here  HERE  JJS
  Heidi Ullrich 2:Olivier, would you like the Chair of the Public Participation committee to speak to At-Large during the discussion on the 2012-2015 Strategic Plan in Dakar?
  CLO:But ALAN  this is ICANN's  strat plan  we have our  that must interact  and fit  but  these METRICS  ares for thr ICANN  strat plan
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:this could be a good option
  CLO:Excellent  to have JJS  in this  YES  YES  YES
  Heidi Ullrich 2:That meeting will be on Tuesday in Dakar.
  CLO:and for the DAKAR meeting  AGENDA  YES
  Evan Leibovitch:@Alan: our running after metrics laid by other constituencies simply leads to having our agenda set by others.. Ie, we are led to produce advice based not on gravitas or importance but rather on volume.
  Heidi Ullrich 2:Will do, Olivier.
  Alan Greenberg:my understanding of what they were asking for was metrics to demonstrats how alac is reinforcing plan... And yes to JJS, we no longer need to justify our existance, but the occasional demonstration of our worth is good.
  JJS:CLO, did you mean "hear, hear" ? In which case, I'm flattered. If you meant "here, here", I'm worried that maybe you were suggesting I'm completely off the mark :-)
  Evan Leibovitch:The metric that counts is the extent to which we are serving OUR community, not others'
  Gareth Shearman:Good comment, Evan
  Gisella Gruber-White:sorry my phone mute not working
  CLO:JJS  you should be flattered  it was a voteo of support
  CLO:vote  NOT  Votoe
  Evan Leibovitch:or veto :-)
  Sebastien:I am not on the phone. Sorry to be late also. Just here if you need my inputs. From IGF.
  JJS:Thanks Cheryl :-)
  CLO:Noted  Seb  many of us either have the IGF  transcript running  or are listening with one ear ;-)
  Heidi Ullrich 2:welcome, Ganesh!
  Gisella Gruber-White:Ganesh Kumar has joined the call
  Ganesh Kumar:Thank you, Sorry I was late.
  CLO:Hi Ganesh
  CLO:WELCOME
  Evan Leibovitch:Silly question: is ANYONE on either of the interpretation channels?
  Gisella Gruber-White:@ Evan - no participants on ES or FR channels
  CLO:Titi  another new NomCom Appointment  is also on the AC room  but not on telephone brdge mas she is in IGF  Meeting in Kenya  at
  CLO:the moment
  CLO:so  do try and type  here as well so shr can keep up ;-)
  Titi:Thanks Cher ;-)
  CLO:We also have isues  getting  our calls cionnected  to our Pakistan  and parts of India  in APRALO  as well
  Alan Greenberg:These rpoblems, I am afraid, are cyclical.
  Cintra Sooknanan:Parts of India for sure.. I can attest to that
  CLO:yup
  Evan Leibovitch:yup isn't just australian
  Heidi Ullrich 2:There will likely be video streaming of our meetings in Dakar and future public meetings.
  CLO:I agree with the options  for technologies  I've been attending some  regular  webcasts  here  with other options we can look at this in Dakar
  CLO:RALO  and ALAC Liaison Reports  ( and WG's  beinm...g discussed  at
  CLO:Alan is highlighting  the recent  GNSO meeting  so we can exoect 3-4 (or so ) new work  groups  being called for soon and we zNe  them  EED  to Populat
  Titi:Ok
  Heidi Ullrich 2:With pleasure on the AI re reminding RALOs of montly reports ;)
  Alan Greenberg:4 that I can recall. Perhaps one more as well.
  Heidi Ullrich 2:The general PC page is on the agenda and at:http://www.icann.org/en/public-comment/
  Heidi Ullrich 2:Carlton's statement:https://community.icann.org/display/alacpolicydev/Phase+II+of+Public+Comments+Process+Enhancements
  Heidi Ullrich 2:Cheryl's statement:https://community.icann.org/display/alacpolicydev/Revisions+to+Conflicts+of+Interest+Policy+and+Bylaws+to+Allow+Board+to+Consider+Compensation+for+Director+Services
  JJS:(Staff, in today's ALAC minutes (on this Adobe page, right column), could you please correct my first name to read Jean-Jacques? Thanks.)
  JJS:clap, clap
  JJS:(thank you Staff for the correction)
  CLO:Looking at the  JAS  Agenda item  niw  as we are not quorate we will have to take the ratification  online...
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:yes
  CLO:OCL  I'm typing  here mainky to keep titi 'in the loop'
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:ok. Oh I wasn't aware that she was not on audio
  Titi::-)
  Titi:Have to head out in a couple fo minutes though - end of sessions here building shut down a few minutes after that
  CLO:Alan  is noting that the AS report does  set up for some future work INCLUDING  work with GAC  re  some aspects of  terminology etc., and Government
  CLO:involvement  in possoboe applications
  Titi:Thanks again for keeping me in the loop Cheryl
  CLO:Alan is reporting on GNSO  resolvong  to send report to the Board  and to add more comments ( perhaps) later on the Report...
  Alan Greenberg:Titi, as you will learn, Cheryl is one of te few among us who can simultaneously carry on several conversations and activities in parallel.
  CLO:We are discussing  putting a motion  for endorsement and ratififaction of the JAS  report  and then taking the vote online ASAP
  Evan Leibovitch:given the current political tension between ICANN and governments, the GAC support (and explicit advocacy ) of the core points of the JAS group is significant. ICANN rejects this advocacy at significant risk.
  JJS:interesting remark, Evan.
  Evan Leibovitch:Make it strong (as cheryl says). We have neither the time nor (from what I can tell) the inclination to add comments post-approval.
  CLO:Titi  were  still discussing  JAS final  report   Motion  will be oiut in next 24 hrs
  Heidi Ullrich 2:Link to Workspace on the At-Large Improvements Final Report:https://community.icann.org/display/Improve/At-Large+workspace+on+the+ALAC-At-Large+Improvements+Project+Final+Report
  CLO: Now moving to item 8 on Agenda  the FINAL report  from ALAC  Improvements  Final Report :-)
  CLO: Sorry my typing   had a break  while I'm chairing...
  Evan Leibovitch:suggested text for the resolution on JAS:
  Evan Leibovitch:WHEREAS the ALAC has long supported the requirement of reducing barriers to TLD creation in developing economiesandWHEREAS the ALAC has welcomed the chartering of the Joint Applicant Support Working Group (JAS-WG) and the participation of many At-Large members in its activities;and WHEREAS the ALAC has reviewed and endorsed earlier milestone reports of this Working Group;andWHEREAS the JAS-WG has produced a Final Report for consideration by the ICANN community which has been reviewed by At-Large;RESOLVED THAT the ALAC endorse the Final Report of the JAS Working Group and urge the ICANN Board to implement its recommendations;andRSEOLVED THAT the ALAC thanks the community volunteers and ICANN staff whose work contributed -- and continues to contribute --  to the advancement of the JAS WG objectives
  Evan Leibovitch:sorry, don;t know how to format for AC
  Evan Leibovitch:Let me unwrap it.
  JJS:I support Evan's draft.
  Evan Leibovitch:WHEREAS the ALAC has long supported the requirement of reducing barriers to TLD creation in developing economies
  Evan Leibovitch:and
  Evan Leibovitch:WHEREAS the ALAC has welcomed the chartering of the Joint Applicant Support Working Group (JAS-WG) and the participation of many At-Large members in its activities;
  Evan Leibovitch:and
  Heidi Ullrich 2:Noted
  Heidi Ullrich 2:for Excom meeting in Dakar to discuss next steps on At-Large Improvements
  Heidi Ullrich 2:Are 20 min enough?
  CLO:yes  shiould  be  need to transition  to actual IMPLEMETATIOJ  niot just planning it ;-)
  Heidi Ullrich 2:exactly. 20 min have been allocated in the ExCom meeting on Friday in Dakar.
  CLO:Thanks  for your indulgernce on shifting thr Agenda around  OCL
  CLO:Yes #9
  Alan Greenberg:See motion 7 ofhttps://community.icann.org/display/gnsocouncilmeetings/Motions+22+September+2011for the motion on CONSUMER CHOICE, COMPETITION, AND INNOVATION (CCI).
  Heidi Ullrich 2:The GNSO passed the Consumer Metrics Charter
  CLO:DAKAR
  Ganesh Kumar 2:Yes, to establishing to metrics.
  Alan Greenberg:Back...
  Heidi Ullrich 2:ALAC internal Rules of Procedures:https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/27854147/AL-2007-1-1-Rev11+ALAC+Internal+Rules+of+Procedure+-EN.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1316562204000
  Evan Leibovitch:@ Cheryl -- those metrics can also be used to determine the performance of the Nominating Committee. Maybe its candidates can't be recalled but the NomCom itself should be held accountable to the community.
  CLO:yes  indeed Evan
  CLO:ALAN   APRALO  does a 360  F2F  of its  RALO Reps  to ALAC
  JJS:Staff, my call has been interrupted. Could you please have the operator call me back, same number?
  CLO:ohh no :-(
  Heidi Ullrich 2:Link to Dakar Meeting page for At-Large:https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Dakar+-+Meetings+Schedule+23-28+October+2011
  JJS:Staff, operator has still not called +862167750658...
  CLO:JJS  were  wrapping uo now  any way
  CLO:heidi is just doing a final Reviewo of the AfRALO  Regional  program actovoties  for DAKAR
  JJS:well, in that case my apologies, and have a nice day/evening/night
  CLO:Thanks   we have a  linked page to a wuki with all of our travel arrangements  for those f will make sure you have  ( as you asked earlier who is going)
  CLO:most of ALAC  old and new will be there
  Gisella Gruber-White:Jean Jacques is no longer online
  JJS:Olivier, I just wanted, as a matter of courtesy to colleagues on the ALAC, mention that a group of 10 friends of ICANN, from various parts of the world, sent a letter on 18 September to the Chair of the Board, about the selection of the next CEO. This can be viewed on www.circleid.com/ and scroll down the blogs until you see the item...
  CLO:Heidi is  introducing Natalie to us  who will be a 0.5 FTE  for us  (shared wioth GNSO)  for Meetings  co-ordination
  Heidi Ullrich 2:Correction: Nathalie is a temp not an FTE
  Evan Leibovitch:http://www.circleid.com/posts/selecting_icanns_next_ceo_a_letter_to_the_chair_of_the_board/
  JJS:thanks Evan for the full link, I was struggling to get it copied and pasted, but you were faster
  Heidi Ullrich 2:Jean-Jacques, Matt has sent you the link of those traveling to Dakar.
  JJS:thanks Heidi and Matt
  JJS:Olivier, I had intended to mention the letter under AOB, but now it's too late as the operator has not called back
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:we are currently discussing it
  JJS:oh
  JJS:pity can't hear, nor answer questions
  Alan Greenberg:Strong support from CLO. I agreed.
  Gisella Gruber-White:Jean-Jacques - we are dialling out to you again
  JJS:thanks Alan
  CLO:JJS  I read  what you wrote to the recoird and  also reminded the new ALAC  about the metter of cincern I wrote (in a oeronap capacity) last  time  the CEO hunt  was  done...
  JJS:thanks Cheryl
  CLO:and  Endorsed  For The Record   your afformentioned letter
  JJS:thanks
  JJS:correction: it's not "mine" but a letter from 10 friends of ICANN...
  CLO:Yes  that was a point made ccorrectly  in the transcript record...
  CLO:Bye  Thanks  all
  JJS:Given your favourable comments, would ALAC envisage sending a line to the Board saying just that?
  Alan Greenberg:Excom on now?
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:yes
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:5 minutes?
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:we all need to close the call & call again
  JJS:operator just called, but meeting ended, so see you all soon. Thanks.
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:thanks JJS it was a matter of seconds
  JJS:signing off.

• No labels