Gisella Gruber-White:Welcome to the ALAC Monthly call on Tuesday 26 March 2013 at 1400 UTC
  Gisella Gruber-White:Agenda:
  Ron Sherwood:Good morning (afternoon, evening) all
  Joao Carlos Caribe:good morning
  Juan Manuel Rojas:Good morning, afternoon, evening for all.
  Fatima Cambronero:hello everyone
  Eduardo Diaz:¡Hola a Todos!
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Hello everyone
  Maureen Hilyard:Good morning everyone
  alberto soto:Hola a todos!! Hia all!
  Holly Raiche:Gaad morning
  Holly Raiche:Sorry - Good morning
  Evan Leibovitch:good morning. I am chopping onions during the meeting so excuse me if I'm sounding sad
  Ron Sherwood:Hi Evan... What will you be making with the onions?
  Alan Greenberg:ECHO!!
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:when Gisella will finish the roll call, she'll go on mute
  Gisella Gruber-White:I am now muted
  Gisella Gruber-White:Siva and Sandra have joined the AC room
  Heidi Ullrich:Action Items 26 FEb:
  Sandra Hoferichter:sorry for beeing late
  Gisella Gruber-White:Natalia has joined the SPanish channel
  Heidi Ullrich:Nigel Hickson is Regional VP for Europe
  SivasubramanianM:I hope my adobe mic is muted by default. I don't see a microphone icon
  alberto soto:Gisella,What is the number to call teleconferencing? thanks?
  Alfred Lopez - Colombia:Good Morning
  Gisella Gruber-White:@ Alfred - 1738 conference ID for the Spanish channel - would you like a dial-out?
  alberto soto:Yes!! at  54 11 3967 4947
  Gisella Gruber-White:@ Alberto - we will call you now
  Alfred Lopez - Colombia:Yes Gisella 571-3687931
  Gisella Gruber-White:@ Alfred - we are calling you now
  Alfred Lopez - Colombia:Ok,
  Heidi Ullrich:Sorry for any confusion on my intervention. I thought I had said that the At-Large Capacity Building WG will work with the Whois WG on the development of content for the new online education platform. Not that Matthew would develop the content.
  Gisella Gruber-White:@ Siva - we are calling you now
  Alfred Lopez - Colombia:Gracias Gisella, muy amable
  SivasubramanianM:Thanks Gisella
  Gisella Gruber-White:Holly - please speak louder for the interpreters
  Matt Ashtiani: Revised New gTLD Registry Agreement Including Additional Public Interest Commitments Specification -
  Avri Doria:the one that falls in the gap is the Joint ccNSO and gNSO WG on IDNs - that is ongoing effort on the acceptance of new IDN TLDs
  Avri Doria:aka JIG - joint IDN Group
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:it is listed but from the ccNSO  POV  now not requesting new members @Avri   perhaps  Alan can check from the GNSO side'''  the other 2 ccTLD IDN PDP - WG's  are closing
  Gisella Gruber-White:Cheryl difficult to understand
  Gisella Gruber-White:Thank you Cheryl
  Evan Leibovitch:may want to note that i will be standing in for alan as the gnso  liaison during the gnso council meeting april 7 in beijing. alan will be on atrt at the time
  Avri Doria:i do not know whether it is requesting.  i know there are no AL:AC memebrs in it.  it is about to put out another report. sorry did not know it should not be mentioned unless it was actively recruiting.
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:The list of the standing Working Groups on the At-Large Reports needs to be updated to reflect the current standing WGs
  Heidi Ullrich:SSAC Report:
  Joao Carlos Caribe:who is the target we are
  Heidi Ullrich:ccNSO Report:
  Joao Carlos Caribe:focusing on this capacity building?
  Joao Carlos Caribe:who are the targed we are focusing on this capacity building?
  Avri Doria:Alan is after all the most senior member of the GNSO council.
  Heidi Ullrich:Policy Development page:
  Avri Doria:
  Avri Doria:that was the ATRT2 page
  Heidi Ullrich:Wed - 11-12:30
  Avri Doria:ha ha
  Avri Doria:ha ha ha
  Avri Doria:i think the ATRT2 meeting is actually 0100 UTC thrusday.
  Gisella Gruber-White:@ Avri - confirmed
  Heidi Ullrich:Sorry, I meant the public meeting:
  Evan Leibovitch:if you hold the pen you pay doubles
  Avri Doria:i meant the next telechat - which should be streamed
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:YUP from $0 TO $00
  Matt Ashtiani:At-Large FY14 Community Travel Support Guidelines Workspace -
  Avri Doria:but the more work you volunteer for the worse you will be treated by the powers that be
  Heidi Ullrich:Carlton, you are breaking up
  Heidi Ullrich:now better
  Alan Greenberg:That is item vi, we are on ii
  Alan Greenberg:POINT OF ORDER: We are not on the RAA
  Evan Leibovitch:sorry
  Evan Leibovitch:distracted by the onions
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Is the Technical WG active ?
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:I'll join that Technical WG then, wasn't aware it was formally up
  Natalia Enciso:Hello, everyone. I was having problem accessing the AC but was on the phone. Now I am on both. Just to let you know.
  Yaovi Atohoun:Was disconnected both on phone and Adobe for about 15mn. I am back now
  Gisella Gruber-White:@ Fatima - we are calling you again
  Gisella Gruber-White:Welcome back Yaovi
  Fatima Cambronero:thanks  @Gisella
  Evan Leibovitch:thanks, alan. asked and answered.
  Yaovi Atohoun:thanks @Gisella
  Holly Raiche:@ carlton - agree - but have a look at my comments for 3.7.8 itself
  Holly Raiche:Agree that is also a real issue - check out 3.3.1
  Holly Raiche:I think it does- and it is contentious-
  Carlton Samuels:@aLAN: No question, the various specifications are part of the corpus of the RAA
  Heidi Ullrich:Proposed 2013 RAA Workspace, including all documents:
  Holly Raiche:Ye- a package but at themoment there are separaate document - that will become package
  Carlton Samuels:@Alan: In these kinds of agreement specificity in certain cases is not a positive!
  Gisella Gruber-White:Wolf Ludwig has joined the Adobe Connect
  Gisella Gruber-White:@ ALL - PLEASE state your names for the interpreters
  Heidi Ullrich:ALAC 2013 RAA Briefing Session:
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:@Gisella, I usually call upon the people - but I agree it is hard on the interpreters
  Evan Leibovitch:alan... do we need to address the unilateral right in our comments on the raa?
  Wolf Ludwig:Sorry -- got stuck in a meeting in Berne abd some snow ...
  Alan Greenberg:@Evan, as said, very much yes.
  Holly Raiche:@ Evan and Alan - yes, we should comment on it - and maybe suggest other mechanisms
  Evan Leibovitch:ok. thx
  Heidi Ullrich:Registrant Rights and Responsibilities mailing list:
  Holly Raiche:Agree with Olivier - we need lots of feedback
  Carlton Samuels:@Alan: OK. I am reflexively against impositions of the kind but the URA as per ICANN and what appears to be the implementation model is not as draconian as it is alleged.  Think of the 'sequester model'. Perfectly good model to concentrate minds
  Evan Leibovitch:i've been distracted till now on closed generics and objection stuff. i will now get more involved in raa, and rrr
  Evan Leibovitch:we also ned clarity on nomenclature since the gnso is calling regisrant rights and responsibilities as "r3" :-)
  Avri Doria:whois has a lot to do with registrants rights
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:they are all interlinked
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:indeed
  alberto soto:Gisella, please call me again?
  Heidi Ullrich:post-filing objections activities:
  Gisella Gruber-White:@ Alberto - we are calling you
  Avri Doria:
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:well done
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Excellent work Avri. Thanks!
  Alan Greenberg:Agreed
  Yaovi Atohoun:can' t hear well from my side
  Evan Leibovitch:Cheryl sounded very muffled
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:its the crummy hotel phone handset sorry
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:handset  crummy not the Mervure  Hotel
  Evan Leibovitch::-)
  Heidi Ullrich:Revised ROPs -
  Natalia Enciso:Will the final documents have translation into spanish and french?
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Once aNatalia
  Evan Leibovitch:The change to 11.4.2 addresses my concerns well
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:ergh  take 2  Once adopted and finalised  yes  for accessibility  they should be subject to langyuage policy rules
  Natalia Enciso:thanks Cheryl
  Evan Leibovitch:what rev will the new one be? last I saw it was already at V71
  Eduardo Diaz:@evan: most probably v72
  Yaovi Atohoun:The Mercure phone is also transforming Cheryl voice as another person
  Evan Leibovitch:That's a lot of revision
  Alan Greenberg:The version numbers wiill go away with ths final version to be voted on
  Evan Leibovitch:It sounds like Cheryl is in the hotel sauna.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:a HUGE number of revisions  and that is from the FINAL cins9olidated  drafting  stage  not from the ealry work of the DT's
  Heidi Ullrich:I will ask
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Ihh  I so wish I were Evan  even at 0230
  Natalia Enciso:can you call me back, please?
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Huge, huge thanks to Alan for tying all of the details together
  Evan Leibovitch:+1 @ distrusting compurers
  Carlton Samuels:@Dev: +1
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:and to everyone on the drafting teams
  Maureen Hilyard:+1 @Dev
  Evan Leibovitch:@Dev. why not put your hand up and put it in th meeting record?
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:and I note with delight  so many pen holders here for this landmark moment  THANKS  to YOU all
  Yaovi Atohoun:Alan is really spending his time on this
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:This  new set of Rules  will be easy to update and review as required
  Heidi Ullrich:At-Large FY14 Budget Request Workspace:
  Heidi Ullrich:The first message for FY14 AC requests was send on 7 March
  Heidi Ullrich:with a deadline of 18 March
  Alan Greenberg:@Cheryl, yes hopefully correct. And OLC is correct in that no doubt as soon as the "final" version is distributed, someone will find an error in it. So I do expect that there will be a regualr but minor stream of revisions.
  Alan Greenberg:Oops - OCL
  Heidi Ullrich:Olivier and I will be presenting the ATLAS 2 proposal to the PPC on 7 April in Beijing
  Heidi Ullrich:and the Board will likely consider it in their June 2013 meeting
  Yaovi Atohoun:@  Olivier;  So new people can still join ATLAS?
  Gisella Gruber-White:@ Olivier - Sala is NOT on the call
  Fatima Cambronero:+1 @Yaovi question
  alberto soto:I am join Atlas
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:@Alberto @Yaovi @Fatima: The WG will meet this week & consider additional members to join.
  Juan Manuel Rojas:Today there will be ATLAS meeting
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:ATLAS2 Organising Coimmittee is indeed most likely to be confirmed as open for ACTIVE  participation  we have a call later today perhaps  staff can put the page link for that meeting with the details here in chat  so people can note and join in...
  alberto soto:Thanks Olivier
  Yaovi Atohoun:@Olivier :  Thanks
  Yaovi Atohoun:Please need to be called back. I am disconnected
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Call dropped
  Gisella Gruber-White:@ Yaovi - calling you now
  Fatima Cambronero:Thanks @Olivier and @Cheryl
  Evan Leibovitch:
  Heidi Ullrich:At-Large Beijing Meeting Schedule:
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:in listen only mode until dialed back in
  Gisella Gruber-White:ok
  Gisella Gruber-White:@ Yaovi - we are still trying to call you
  Yaovi Atohoun:@Gisella:  OK,  Thanks
  alberto soto:I will,
  Yaovi Atohoun:I am back. Thanks
  Heidi Ullrich:At-Large meeting pages for Beijing:
  Gisella Gruber-White:PLEASE mute your mics if you are hammering
  Heidi Ullrich:
  Fatima Cambronero:my call is dropped
  Gisella Gruber-White:@ Fatima - we are calling you back
  Fatima Cambronero:I'm back, thanks @Gisella
  Holly Raiche:My call has dropped out - I can't hear anyone
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:use AC  to listen Holly
  Gisella Gruber-White:@ Holly - calling you back
  Holly Raiche:I can hear you now -
  Gisella Gruber-White:Jean-Jacques has joined the AC room
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:OK  Hi JJS
  J.J.Subrenat:Sorry Olivier & All: was kept up, came back late.
  Holly Raiche:With BIG thanks to Maureen for the Showcase and Rinalia for the Showcase
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:hello JJS. Just about to wrap up
  Gisella Gruber-White:@ Holly - we are getting your voicemail
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Thanks Heidi
  Maureen Hilyard:+1 @ Heidi
  Heidi Ullrich:Thanks to the APRALO Organizing Committee!
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:who are all disconnected or muted  atm ;-)
  Holly Raiche:Everyone is most welcome
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:G  just  FYI  Adigo never got me back in the call  *sigh*
  Heidi Ullrich:Thanks, All
  Gisella Gruber-White:Holly is back
  Heidi Ullrich:See you in Beijing
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Thanks all  SAFE  travels
  Gisella Gruber-White:@ Cheryl - terribly sorry about that!
  alberto soto:Very interesting discussion, I always learn here
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr: talk in  3 hrs then
  Yaovi Atohoun:See you in Beijing
  Gisella Gruber-White:Thank you all for attending and safe travels to Beijing
  Evan Leibovitch:bye!
  Holly Raiche:thanksand bye
  Eduardo Diaz:Buen viaje
  Sandra Hoferichter:bye, bye!
  Juan Manuel Rojas:Bye to all.
  alberto soto:Thanks!!
  Maureen Hilyard:thanks everyone
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Thanks everyone, take care all
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:safe trip everyone
  Joao Carlos Caribe:bye to all
  Fatima Cambronero:thanks to all, see you in Beijing, bye
  Natalia Enciso:bye see you soon
  alberto soto:bye to all
  Joao Carlos Caribe:see u in Beijjing
  Alfred Lopez - Colombia:Bye to all

  • No labels