Gisella Gruber-White:Welcome tot the ALAC Monthly call on Tuesday 25 September 2012 at 1400 UTC
  Gisella Gruber-White:Agenda: https://community.icann.org/x/h4soAg
  Alan Greenberg:Good day Gisella.  REady for a thrilling meeting? And the inevitable dial-out problems??
  Eduardo Diaz:¡Hola a todos!
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Hola
  Alan Greenberg:For those on MADT, the meeting notes from the last meeting are now online in the sandbox - took a LONG time due to complexity of issues discussed.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Thanks Alan
  JJS:hello, just joined the call, tried voice, could you hear me ?
  Gisella Gruber-White:Hello JJS - did you enable microphone?
  Gisella Gruber-White:otherwise we will call you - we are on stand by
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Hi All, Dropped out of the call
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:they are dialing out to you but it is going to Voice mail
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:they will keep trying
  Gisella Gruber-White:Sala - we are still trying to contact you
  Garth Bruen:Hello everyone
  Gisella Gruber-White:Sala is back
  Evan Leibovitch:"we're flying through the agenda" is an invitation for trouble. Just like "let's start".
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:yup  Jinx
  JJS:I'm back on audio.
  Gisella Gruber-White:Oksana has joined the audio
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:well as a ccTLD oporator  is expected to work with and on the interests of their local Internet Community   and  that is our area of interests as well theree IS a clear nexus  between the opportunity for new (or revived) ALSes and active ccTLD Managers within ccNSO
  Dave Kissoondoyal:Hi all
  Gisella Gruber-White:Dave Kissoondoyal joined the call
  Heidi Ullrich:Community Input Draft 2013-2016 Strategic Plan just opened
  Heidi Ullrich:http://www.icann.org/en/news/public-comment/stratplan-draft-2013-24sep12-en.htm
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:literally  ealier today
  Heidi Ullrich:Comment period ends: 13 November
  Gisella Gruber-White:Sala - we are calling you again
  Evan Leibovitch:In response to Garth's comments about RAA 3.7.8: maybe we will get a straight(er) answer now that Compliance has been unshackled from Legal. I agree that our next steps must be determined by whether ICANN's approach to 3.7.8 has really changed
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:OK.
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:On it.
  Garth Bruen:Of course Sala
  Garth Bruen:@Evan, it also changes their accountability level. No more blaming other departments or passing the buck!
  Heidi Ullrich:Questions for meeting with Compliance in Toronto: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Compliance+Questions+Toronto+Workspace
  Heidi Ullrich:only one person has submitted questions so far.
  Evan Leibovitch:accidentally cut off by phone. dialing back in
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:There was an update on Registrar Accreditation Agreement Amendments : http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-5-24sep12-en.htm
  Heidi Ullrich:We will be sending the workspace to Maguy at the end of this week.
  JJS:ah, audio is back for me. I must have lost last 10 minutes of audio.
  Garth Bruen:@Heidi. Thank you but it's problematic. First, I did not see an announcement about this. Second, why a deadline? Third, why is the deadline before the full meeting schedule was posted. Fourth,  the last time this was put up in the WIki I could not post my questions before the deadline due to editing priveleges.  Fifth, we submitted detailed quesitons to Compliance which were not answered - this is a major issue.
  Gisella Gruber-White:Yaovi has joined the Adobe Connect room
  Garth Bruen:@Dev, the amendments do not address the language issue in 3.7.8
  Yaovi Atohoun:Sorry. I will be on mte until 15:00
  JJS:Olivier & All, did you see Hong's remark? She studied IOC and others, and concluded that it's not possible to differentiate between different international organizations.
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:@ Garth [US DoC and EC had addressed ICANN on Registry/Registrar SMP; there will soon be precedent in the gTLD space to hold Registries accountable over Registrars and Resellers [can discuss offline]
  JJS:(sound back)
  JJS:I was just after Sala
  Heidi Ullrich:@Garth to answer your questions: 1) the announcement was sent to ALAC-Announce on 11 September with a deadline of 19 September; 2) the deadline is necessary to give the relevant staff time to respond the questions; 3) The full scheduled was posted 24 September, we have extended the deadline to 28 September; 4) anyone should be able to use the comments function to add questions. If you are unable to, please send your questions to staff and we will post them. 5) I can follow up with Compliance regarding the questions you submitted earlier.
  Garth Bruen:@Sala, I believe this will only immediately impact new registrars or ones being reaccredited. Many are still under the old contract even (2001), how many will still be on the 2009 contract for five more years after a new RAA is implimented?
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:@Garth, ICANN has the power to vary the contracts at any time as the "licensor"
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:or assignor
  Evan Leibovitch:I can barely hear Rinalia
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Please call me again
  Silvia Vivanco:Difficult tp understand her
  Heidi Ullrich:Hi All, the interpretors are unable to interpret Rinalia given the bad audio.
  Gisella Gruber-White:Rinalia - please speak up
  Gisella Gruber-White:Interpreters are not able to understand
  Heidi Ullrich:Sala, we will call you back
  Garth Bruen:@Heidi, thanks. The previous issue was my inability to edit the Wiki even after extensive requests from staff. It's a moot point now, but one for the record on this issue.
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:@ Alan, it does not matter the Final Issues Paper is central to what was put out on the consensus call
  Heidi Ullrich:Garth, are you still unable to edit the wiki or was it just that page?
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:@Alan the suggestions that 2007 Issue Paper had raised was to look at the dispute resolution framework, IOs etc etc
  Garth Bruen:@Sala, having the power and using it are different things. If all the Registrars are under a new contract, that's one thing. I doubt they will force any registrar on a new contract before their old one expires. I also think this only applies to the new gTLDs, right?
  Gisella Gruber-White:@ ALL - please mute your audio when you are not speaking to avoid interference
  Garth Bruen:@Heidi, I can edit now.
  Heidi Ullrich:Good to know! Thanks!
  Evan Leibovitch:I will personally be voting AGAINST an immediate proposal to create a protected list for the IOC and Red Cross. Even though this is a minority position, I would prefer neither to both.
  Evan Leibovitch:I do support the PDP.
  Gisella Gruber-White:@ Sala - is your phone battery down? Do you have a land line?
  JJS:can't hear Sala
  Heidi Ullrich:Sala, we seem to have lost your audio
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Phone died will type it in
  Garth Bruen:Sala is having some phone issue
  Gisella Gruber-White:ok thanks
  Evan Leibovitch:BTW, is nobody in either of the interpretation rooms?
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:I would like to say that we have a strong basis to recommend the splitting of the PDPs for the IOC and Red Cross
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:I would also like to say that the 2007 Issues Report had addressed the dispute resolution framework, the GNSO was slow on the uptake
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:and this was specifically an Issues paper in relation to IOs and IGOs
  Heidi Ullrich:We now have quorum
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:The Final Review Report is central and fundamental to the issue at hand
  Heidi Ullrich:Evan, the interpretors were not able to understand Rinalia
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:I vote that we separate the two
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:I second it
  Evan Leibovitch:I would prefer that ALAC would speak strong AGAINST a temporary list, under the full awareness that the GNSO may proceed with this anyway. I would still suggest that At-Large members continue to participate in GNSO activity as a matter of damage mitigation
  Gisella Gruber-White:PLEASE mute your microphones when not speaking
  Gisella Gruber-White:PLEASE also STATE YOUR NAMES
  Evan Leibovitch:This motion is ONLY for the PDP
  Gisella Gruber-White:Otherwise The interpreters do NOT know who is speaking
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:I would also recommend to the ALAC that we split the two IOC and RC
  JJS:I abstain.
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:The Final Issues Report will impact on the reservation issue which is why we need it
  Evan Leibovitch:we have a majority of quorum
  Dave Kissoondoyal:i am not an ALAC member
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:To make a call on the reservation without seeing the final issues may have implications
  Tijani BEN JEMAA:no Dave, you are not, but welcome
  Tijani BEN JEMAA:I second
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:it is my strong recommendation that we have access to the Final Issues Report
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Only for Red Cross
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:Bottom line: Is protecting the Red Cross important?  If yes, then they need to be protected regardless of the benefit to the IOC in the interim. Opportunity cost of defensive registrations for the RCs is humanitarian assistance.
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:I am in favour to grant protection soleley for Red Cross
  Yaovi Atohoun:i abstain
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Please read my comment
  Evan Leibovitch:Sala, it's been given to us both or neither
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:reservation strictly for Red Cross
  Evan Leibovitch:"Evan has a Red Cross" :-P
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:which is why the Final Issues Report is critical and my argument is based on "narrowing the exception"
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:I think we all want protection solely for the Red Cross, but the issue is linked.
  Evan Leibovitch:for clarity, they vote here is for both.
  Evan Leibovitch:No splitting. both or neither.
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:@ Alan, we have the right to ask for a separate the PDP for IOC and Red Cross
  Gisella Gruber-White:@ Tijani - we are calling you
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:only Red Cross especially if we will be moving to narrow the exceptions that the GAC had proposed as criteria
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:and Hong raised excellent points
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:@ Alan, no one not even the GNSO IOC RC drafting team has the right to limit our options
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:is this for Red Cross onlyu
  Evan Leibovitch:@Sala, they don't have a right to limit what we say. But they have asked us a spefici question
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:both red cross and IOC are linked for better or worse
  Alan Greenberg:Sala, no one is limiting adn options of opinion. But this is effectively a balow with a Yes or a No answer.
  Yaovi Atohoun 2:I abstain
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Only protection for Red Cross
  JJS:I abstain (repeat).
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:No for IOC
  Heidi Ullrich:Y: Olivier Crépin-Leblond, Eduardo Diaz, Rinalia Abdul Rahim, Sala Tamanikaiwaimaro, Tijani Ben JemaaA: Yaovi Atohoun and Jean-Jacques SubrenatN: Evan Leibovitch
  Eduardo Diaz:So Sala's answer is no
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:yes
  JJS:Olivier, that would be almost the reverse of what Hong remarked...
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro: The reality is that we were not given the Final Issues Report
  Heidi Ullrich:Sala, no is your vote, correct?
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:+1@Alan
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:yes Heidi
  Evan Leibovitch:Alan, it's not inclonclusive. There is a clear approval, though non unanimous.
  Heidi Ullrich:thanks
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:because it is something we feel strongly about
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro::)
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Wait OCL
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Say Subject to Final Issues Report
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:the ALAC.....
  Heidi Ullrich:Y: 4; N 2; A 2
  JJS:no Olivier, I think it would be only fair to give Alan instructions, he can't just go and give an sociological explanation !
  Alan Greenberg:@jjs, NOT MY PREFERENCE CERTAINLY, BUT i WILL LIVE WITH IT.
  Alan Greenberg:Sorry about shouting. Stick capslock key.
  Evan Leibovitch:If I were you I'd feel like shouting anyway.
  Alan Greenberg:Sticky
  Alan Greenberg:No relief is all I feel
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Thank you all for this discussion. Alan will let is be known that there's support for PDP. Split regarding IOC/RC if the two are together. More support if the two were separated, with this benefiting the RC.
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Thanks OCL
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Thank you JJ for reminding us of Hong's comments
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:Good summary.
  Evan Leibovitch:"crestfallen"? Might be the first time I've ever heard that word within ICANN
  Heidi Ullrich:Thanks, Cheryl! Great leadership!
  Gisella Gruber-White:It is on its way ...
  Gisella Gruber-White:Thursday 27th at 1500 UTC
  Heidi Ullrich:Which
  Gisella Gruber-White:ROp Metrics SC - on its way
  Maureen Hilyard:I've got thursday27th
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:We can but try OCL
  Alan Greenberg:TY Gisella
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Yes Maureen we see the sun first in the southern hemisphere
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:gTLD Review Group decisions regarding the comments by IT for Change, India http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/newgtldrg/2012-September/000158.html
  Maureen Hilyard:I see it last remember....
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:it is already our Wed
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:3am to be exact
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:generic like book and when Amazon wants .book?
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:yes
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Suggested timetable for gTLD RG activities during the objection period: https://community.icann.org/display/newgtldrg/Timeline+for+RG+activities
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Thank you Dev for the work you are doing on this and the excellent update
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:At-Large new gTLD Applications Dashboard :  http://bit.ly/newgtld
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:It is good to see Parminder and IT 4 Change participating
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:One Page on How ALAC files an objection to a new gTLD application: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/877052/gTLD-RG/At-Large-Objection-Process-final.pdf
  Evan Leibovitch:Yeah, even if theyr're dead wrong
  Sebastien:http://www.circleid.com/posts/20120925_letter_to_icann_brands_proposed_usage_generic_domain_extensions/
  Evan Leibovitch:The logical holes and lack of creative thinking shown in the IT for Change position is disheartening
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Michele Neylon: http://blog.blacknight.com/letter-to-icann-on-big-brands-proposed-usage-of-generic-domain-extensions.html
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Various links on the new gTLD WG space : https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/Discussion+-+Private+gTLDS
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:No it gives an indication of how they will be when they participate
  Evan Leibovitch:I understand the registrar pushback. The public interest rationale against private TLDs is far weaker.
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Requestif the staff can send the ALAC these links to the mailing list, so that our other colleagues can benefit
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Tijani hand is raised
  Heidi Ullrich:Thanks, Sala. Will do.
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Thanks Sebastien, CLO and Dev for the links
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Thanks Heidi
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Please speak louder Tijani
  Gisella Gruber-White:@ Tijani - please speak up
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Sandra is doing excellent in her role, I agree Olivier
  Evan Leibovitch:I find it surprising how few in-scope gTLD objections (ie, zero) were suibmitted to the review team. In retrospect, none of the feared deluge of offensive strings and phony community groups actually happened.
  Tijani BEN JEMAA:Thank you sébastien, I was fiting for spliting  
  Yaovi Atohoun:I was muted
  Yaovi Atohoun:by the staff
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:*7
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:*7
  Gisella Gruber-White:We are unmuting yaovi
  Gisella Gruber-White:Unmuted
  Alan Greenberg:I have checked our actual rules. (this is not something we have gotten to in the RoP MADT DT. The rule says: "A motion shall be considered approved if at least five ALAC members cast a non-abstaining vote, and if the number of votes in favour of the motion is higher than the number of votes against." In this case, there were 6 non-abstaining votes, so the tally of Yes vs No is 4 to 2 supporting the motion. I will, however, make sure the DT understands how divided the ALAC is, particularly over the two organizations not being separated.
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:thank Alan
  Yaovi Atohoun:Please continue
  Gisella Gruber-White:Yaovi - we are calling you
  Heidi Ullrich:Meeting schedule: http://toronto45.icann.org/full-schedule
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Thank you Alan
  Heidi Ullrich:Please note that there are several meetings on outreach/stakeholder engagement in Toronto.
  Heidi Ullrich:Questions to the Board: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+ICANN+Board+Questions+Toronto+Workspace
  Gisella Gruber-White:Cheryl - this is your line - you have been muted
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:It will be populated soon
  Heidi Ullrich:GAC/ALAC leadership breakfast questions: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+GAC+Questions+Toronto+Workspace
  Yaovi Atohoun:When I said by staff it is because my line was making noise.  Waiting to be called back
  Gisella Gruber-White:Yes Yaovi - we are calling you
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:@ Heidi, would you also be able to include this in the email to the ALAC, apologise if you have sent it already
  Evan Leibovitch:Heidi: I've already sent my entries for the GAC issues by skype. Do I need to recall them for the (now blank) workspace
  Evan Leibovitch:?
  Heidi Ullrich:Include what, Sala?
  Heidi Ullrich:@Evan, I recall the questions that the ExCom suggested
  Gisella Gruber-White:Yaovi - we are not able to connect you yet
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:sorry Heidi my chat came out wrong, I mean to say, I apologise if I am asking you to do something that Staff has already done
  Heidi Ullrich:Yaovi, Adigo has tried to call you 2x. They are getting a message.
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:which is to ask for the links to be sent again in relation to alac questions
  Heidi Ullrich:Sala, staff sent out the links to the question wiki pages on 11 September
  Heidi Ullrich:We can send them out again.
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:thank you Heidi, again my apologies
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:GAC High Level Meeting: http://toronto45.icann.org/gac-hlm
  Heidi Ullrich:At-Large workspace on the GAC high level meeting: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+GAC+High+Level+Meeting+Workspace
  Gisella Gruber-White:Yaovi is back
  Yaovi Atohoun:@Olivier. I am back but please continue with the agenda
  Heidi Ullrich:Busy Monday schedule for At-Large: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Meetings+-+Monday%2C+15+October+2012
  Heidi Ullrich:Also, there is a two hour Welcome Ceremony - 8:30-10:30 on Monday
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Yes
  Heidi Ullrich:Public Forum question wiki: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Topics+for+Public+Forum+in+Toronto+Workspace
  Evan Leibovitch:(I would note that the Public Forum comments, including the one on separation of Compliance from ICANN Legal were preceeded by an expolicit disclaimer they were personal views and not of ALAC.)
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:@ Evan it does not matter as long as we got the result
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:lol
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:Yes
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:heard it
  JJS:that's me too!
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:@ 1 min
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:I will make my comments inline
  JJS:@Evan +1. Something like "Domain names and the global public interest".
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:we have members of At Large who are Registries that may be interested in this so we would like to reserve the option to retain the Domain Name Monetisation
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:It would be great to see the link to this paper
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:http://archive.icann.org/en/policy/briefs/domain-name-monetization-jun08-en.pdf
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Thanks OCL
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:I agree with Alan
  Yaovi Atohoun:I support that too
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:agree Alan
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:agree with Alan
  Heidi Ullrich:Regarding length, the previous briefing papers were 4 pages Is this ok for the new ones as well?
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:This also relates to the OECD Ottawa principles and has implications on Whois aside from competition law etc
  Heidi Ullrich:so far the topics are: Whois, New gTLDs, Domain Name Monetization...
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:if it is a folded A3 approach  inhard copy  yes  prefer soft of course#
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:IDN
  Evan Leibovitch:@Alan: are we talking about policy change or just documentation?
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:We can always remind them that the DoC and the EC have also raised SMP issues etc
  Heidi Ullrich:Yes, I wasn't sure either :)
  Heidi Ullrich:so: IDN, Whois, New gTLDs...
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:I think standing policy should be issues that ALAC is actively dealing qith requires updated briefs
  Evan Leibovitch:I think that IDN, IPv6 are still important and need refreshes
  Heidi Ullrich:and then some updating of factsheets: IPv6
  Maureen Hilyard:From a user perspective they'd be good starters
  Alan Greenberg:@Evan. I was talking policy. Certainly one could updatefactsheet with impunity.
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Thanks Maureen
  Heidi Ullrich:IDN - policy brief or just an update of the factsheet?
  Evan Leibovitch:The monetization and gTLD papers probably need substantial update beyond refresh
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Excellent point
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Policy Brief
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:POlicy Brief
  Alan Greenberg:Unclear if prohibiting monetization is even in ICANN's remit.  Issue that *might* apply is *registrar* doing it.
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:and Fact sheet
  Heidi Ullrich:So, should the IDN topic wait a bit?
  Alan Greenberg:Monetization done by others is largely just a business and I don't think we would get far trying to prohibit business on the Internet.
  Heidi Ullrich:So we can start with policy briefings on Whois and New gTLDs from the At-Large perspective. Is that correct?
  Heidi Ullrich:Correct, Evan. That is my understanding re the difference of policy briefings and factsheets.
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:Policy briefs like brochures should be live documents, continuously updated as the issues expand.
  Heidi Ullrich:Well, at least updating them every four years ;)
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim::)
  Maureen Hilyard:I like the idea of brochure type information sheets to inform.. especially for new ALSes
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Policy brief on the Domain Name Monetization
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:ok
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:@Heidi, a lot can happen in 4 years.
  Heidi Ullrich:indeed!
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:The IPv6 policy brief and needs slight updating
  Evan Leibovitch:Standing agenda item: update the documentation after each Olympics
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:LOL
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:lol
  Heidi Ullrich:We will be working with the ALAC on the development of the new text.
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Thanks Heidi
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:it is within our scope it intersects with abuse of dominant position and eggregious market behaviour
  JJS:Alan, Evan: that's why, if we put out a policy paper, and considering the user community it is aimed at, I would like a broad title such as "Domain names and the global public interest".
  Heidi Ullrich:Thanks, All!
  Heidi Ullrich:Glad we'll be able to update these!
  Heidi Ullrich:https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/New+SOIs
  Evan Leibovitch:Is there a defined WG/DT already established for working on such documentation?
  Evan Leibovitch:(ie, policy briefs and fact sheets.)
  Heidi Ullrich:Evan, a consultant will be drafting these documents
  Evan Leibovitch:We could always put them up in wiki form and work on them that way.
  Maureen Hilyard:It would be a good idea to allow end users to have some input in the information that is delivered.
  Maureen Hilyard:a wiki would allow for such feedback
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:2 more minutes left.
  Heidi Ullrich:We can create wiki pages once the drafts are created
  Heidi Ullrich:Ken is the same person who helped us with the SOIs - and is the person who informed me about the wiki translation tool!
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:@Maureen -- there was a consuiltation in past months as to what items one wanted to see on an SOI
  Dave Kissoondoyal:Sorry I need to leave now
  Dave Kissoondoyal:bye to all
  Maureen Hilyard:I was referring to commenting on the breifing paper documentation
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:@CLO I love your pic on your SoI
  Yaovi Atohoun:Noted
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Sala  it was taken in Prague
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:so beautiful and full of life
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:good photographer
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Thanks OCL, I will put up my SOI too as per your instructions
  Heidi Ullrich:Tijani, Mandy did respond to your question
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:bye all thanks  OCL
  JJS:Goodbye all!
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:Thank you all.  Bye.
  Yaovi Atohoun:Merci beaucoup
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Thank you OCL and all!!!
  Maureen Hilyard:Bye all..Have a great meeting in Toronto
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Take care all
  Maureen Hilyard:I'll be there remotely when I can
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:see you F2F Safe Travels
  Eduardo Diaz:adios
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Goodbye, thank you Staff
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro::)
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:You are awesome as always
  Gisella Gruber-White:Thank you Sala
  Gisella Gruber-White:Thank you everyone and enjoy the rest of this week

• No labels