Terri Agnew:Welcome to the At-Large Social Media Working Group Call on Tuesday, 13 December 2016 at 15:00 UTC

Terri Agnew:agenda wiki page: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_9JvDAw&d=DgIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2dXAvSFpCIgmkXhFzL7ar9Qfqa0AIgn-H4xR2EBk&m=WU-KXo8_FZUHKYFYBae0C-NNf3vXWi9wD_VJumnVN_Q&s=qgNemuQJFOL51Ae7uHMWdgapVoePBeB-g5ZAO_zxzD4&e=

John Laprise:np

John Laprise::)

Glenn McKnight:hi

Glenn McKnight:just  finishing

Prateek Pathak:Hello everyone!

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:been playing with Adobe Spark - it looks to be a useful tool for backgrounds

Javier Rua-Jovet (ALAC):Hello to all!

Glenn McKnight:hi all

Javier Rua-Jovet (ALAC):Muted.

Glenn McKnight:muted too

Glenn McKnight:i sent to the list my twitter  and  flickr  analytics of  the IGF Mexico

Glenn McKnight:I wonder how many of the  atlarge  tweeted?

Glenn McKnight:We had a large group.  I didn't see much in the SKYPE

Glenn McKnight:we didn;t have a booth at  iGF 

Javier Rua-Jovet (ALAC):All: I got to leave meeting in about :45 mins, so my apologies.

Glenn McKnight:@javier  thanks for coming

Javier Rua-Jovet (ALAC):Welcome!

Glenn McKnight:@javier i have  a really neat   social media mailcard from the Canadian government i got on the plane from Mexico.  II will scan and send it to you for our  NARALO  GA

Javier Rua-Jovet (ALAC):Cool!

Terri Agnew:Welcome Olivier Crepin-Leblond and Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong

Glenn McKnight:Is this  ATLARGE or  ICANN  metrics

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Atlarge

Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong:Thanks Terri

Glenn McKnight:do we have an idea who is tweeting per RALO

Glenn McKnight:who gets it and who doesn't

Glenn McKnight:@john  i have your  on our  next Naralo call on the new  GTLD  working group.  I will add you to speak about this working group

John Laprise:ty glenn

Glenn McKnight:i did both  hashtags

Glenn McKnight:John was  a serious  twitter

Javier Rua-Jovet (ALAC):Hey I tweeted a bit too!

Javier Rua-Jovet (ALAC):hahaha

Javier Rua-Jovet (ALAC):Go NARALO!

Terri Agnew:Welcome Harold Arcos

Harold Arcos:Thanks Terri,  Hi all. Apologies for late connection

Glenn McKnight:Competition is good

Glenn McKnight:hi  Harold

Glenn McKnight:Thanks  to  Harold  to helping me in photos at  IGF

Javier Rua-Jovet (ALAC):I WILL FIGHT FOR THAT PRIZE !!!

Glenn McKnight:Harold has  agreed to become a  HUB  with Diplo  and hopefully a  curator.

John Laprise:Good luck Javier...apparently I was #3 behind Samantha and ICANN...

Glenn McKnight:We should think of  duplicating the curating idea of DIPLO which is a  400 word summary report on sessions. 

Harold Arcos:Hi @Glenn

Glenn McKnight:I am  blushing

John Laprise:Storify good exchanges

John Laprise:We didn't have a tweetup...

Glenn McKnight:John  perhaps  we can discuss this for the  NARALO  GA

Javier Rua-Jovet (ALAC):Whoa!!!  I said Fight! (Might lose, but will die fighting)!

John Laprise:+1

John Laprise:+1 Olivier: Tweets are like Haiku

Glenn McKnight:I still don't see any strategy to get  other RALO members involvement

Glenn McKnight:It would be nice to see a chart of which members  tweeted per  ralo

Glenn McKnight:Remember  the   Atlarge  review report  made fun of our  lack of use of  social media

Glenn McKnight:Its  a big secret

Javier Rua-Jovet (ALAC):Agree with John L

Ariel Liang:@John, yes this has been done :) I'm using tweetdeck to follow our At-Large members on twitter and RT

John Laprise::)

John Laprise:Livetweeting is definitely an art

Javier Rua-Jovet (ALAC):I always do images.

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Indeed it is an art requiring practice

John Laprise:I do pictures as much as is convenient

John Laprise:Ariel: How many multilingual tweets do we have?

Glenn McKnight:@john  you are a master at the tweet,

Glenn McKnight:who was speaking?

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:that was javier

Javier Rua-Jovet (ALAC):Sory It was me

Glenn McKnight:i agree with him

John Laprise:When it comes to RT; it's essential to target people with many followers: single greatest factor in likely retweeting

Glenn McKnight:my comment is totally ignored  dev

Ariel Liang:@John - we some times have volunteers  (especially during ICANN meetings) that can help tweet in languages other than English, but our handle is mainly in English.

Heidi Ullrich:I don't believe this lack of using SM for policy development input is limited to At-Large.

Glenn McKnight:lost audio

John Laprise:What about at large members generally? Sebastien en Francais?

Heidi Ullrich:This is likely an issue that all AC/SO/SGs need to address in collaboration with ICANN.

Glenn McKnight:but  you folks  miss my point.  We have  no profile inside or outside ALAC,  This gave people  ammunication

Glenn McKnight:yes i agree

Javier Rua-Jovet (ALAC):@Ariel: Tagging in images is simple: When plaicing an image in twitter,  Twitter asks under the pic "Who's in this photo?" .  You click on that , and then you tag the people there with their @handles.  Your usual suspect will appear automatically on a list and you can choose the or not.  You can also use a search option.

John Laprise:https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.icann.org_public-2Dcomments_cdar-2Ddraft-2D2016-2D10-2D27-2Den&d=DgIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2dXAvSFpCIgmkXhFzL7ar9Qfqa0AIgn-H4xR2EBk&m=WU-KXo8_FZUHKYFYBae0C-NNf3vXWi9wD_VJumnVN_Q&s=tboabik5el2pcMNklr5gaV4TIc7HJweotFRLNIKG9YQ&e=

Javier Rua-Jovet (ALAC):sorry typo: "Your usual suspects will appear automatically on a list and you can choose them or not"

Ariel Liang:thanks Javier! Go it

Heidi Ullrich:@John, you are correct. However, this is an issue for all AC/SOs., Not just At-Large

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond:The ALAC working page on this is: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__atlarge.icann.org_advice-5Fstatements_9913&d=DgIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2dXAvSFpCIgmkXhFzL7ar9Qfqa0AIgn-H4xR2EBk&m=WU-KXo8_FZUHKYFYBae0C-NNf3vXWi9wD_VJumnVN_Q&s=yfn-BY_jMLfSS61iUlgIJB4snO_WVEO_WynAfdDnttk&e=

Heidi Ullrich:Is this an issue that should be discussed across AC/SOs?

John Laprise::) Olivier

Glenn McKnight:I don't think we are doing this .

Heidi Ullrich:+1 Olivier

Harold Arcos:@Javier: (Your usual suspect will appear automatically...) In that list appears whom you have in your followers only, I remember.

Heidi Ullrich:good idea!

John Laprise:+1 Olivier

Glenn McKnight:Thanks  Ariel for adding the  action item

Javier Rua-Jovet (ALAC):Youre right @Harold I mean "MY usual suspects"

Glenn McKnight:@usual suspects are the issue.  The Unusual ones need to drink the kool-aid

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond:Aaah Ariel --- but this is the CLICK generation, not the CUT/PASTE :-) Too much work!

Glenn McKnight:yes,  it has be  KISS

Glenn McKnight:Dev  what do you mean our  wiki is not  Mobile Friendly?

John Laprise:It is unconscionable that ICANN, an organization that (broadly speaking) administers the Internet is so behind the technological curve. We represent to the public that we are the Internet of five years ago.

John Laprise:Agreed Olivier

Glenn McKnight:@john  some of have been saying this but we were ignored

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond:"let's make At-Large great again"

John Laprise:LMAO

Javier Rua-Jovet (ALAC):All:  I must leave call, but @ariel / @john and @everybody:  count on me to help in anything you need in this WG.  Bye!

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond:IF you can win an election with tweets, we can do that.

Ariel Liang:I cannot keep up with you Olivier, with all your Trump references

Ariel Liang:Thanks Javier!!

Glenn McKnight:Cut and paste   Evan's  comment  in the email thread

Glenn McKnight:It is worth reviewing what effect, for instance, posting photos and tweets from meetings have in increasing understandable public awareness of ICANN issues, what we in At-Large are doing about them, influencing opinion, attracting new people or (most importantly as it's the bylaw-mandated reason we're here) contributing to ALAC policy development and advice.

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:lol

Harold Arcos:We have a list with all twitter user in atlarge, at least several of us. We can request autorization for share that list with all at-large and follow us among us and make more easy the work for Generation CLICK (named by OCL)

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond:We look backward BIG LEAGUE

John Laprise:+1 Olivier

Glenn McKnight:my response

Prateek Pathak:We do need a process in place

Glenn McKnight:We  have a  wake up call

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond:I agree Glenn --- I admit I do not know how to tweet. I tweet mostly pictures. I do not tweet controversial positions, nor relay At-Large positions themselves.

Glenn McKnight:Me too

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond:I get at most 2-3 retweets and a couple of likes

Glenn McKnight:Perhaps we  need a strategy  aka  Johns 10 point plan

Prateek Pathak:Agreed

Harold Arcos:+1 Glenn

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__spark.adobe.com_&d=DgIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2dXAvSFpCIgmkXhFzL7ar9Qfqa0AIgn-H4xR2EBk&m=WU-KXo8_FZUHKYFYBae0C-NNf3vXWi9wD_VJumnVN_Q&s=V0rI47nxc3Ck4gyz_2AS-9EN99VQDp00LYvX7ZptPzU&e=

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond:but I don't know how to make headline tweets - you know the type like: "currently reading At-Large Review --- At-Large comments are FULL OF LIES! GUARANTEED!

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond::-)

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond:I bet that would get retweets....

Ariel Liang:based on what you have observed on Trump's twitter handle?

Prateek Pathak:Apart from animated graphics,is it possible to tweet short video clips?

Terri Agnew:Welcome Sarah Kiden

Sarah Kiden:I'm sorry, I am extremely late

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond:yes. Trump; Kardashian; Kanye; Richard Branson (in a more positive way)

Prateek Pathak:Short video clips of important announcements or decisions

Ariel Liang:@Dev - okay sounds good

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond:shock delight, inform --- make an impact with your tweet.

Glenn McKnight:fyi  we are going to do a demo of  MATTERMOST  similar to slack

Glenn McKnight:yes skype is  terrible

John Laprise:agreed

Terri Agnew:finding the line

John Laprise:google hangouts?

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond:The ICANN Bad Attitude WG is a closed group, though

Ariel Liang:So is ICANN Social

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:ICANN At-Large Tallk Facebook : https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.facebook.com_groups_1048070428653436_&d=DgIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2dXAvSFpCIgmkXhFzL7ar9Qfqa0AIgn-H4xR2EBk&m=WU-KXo8_FZUHKYFYBae0C-NNf3vXWi9wD_VJumnVN_Q&s=uEc9KkvPk7n6fUFEHspaCxsQNIwNGo7arZMl5oIUHDU&e=

Heidi Ullrich:Why couldn't such a page be on the At-Large FB page?

Heidi Ullrich:We see an ever increasing quantity of tools we need to check to keep 'in the loop'. This tends to reduce the amount of time volunteers have to contribute to policy making if they are needing to follow more and more lists/SM tools.

Glenn McKnight:At Diplo we  do monthly updates with four or five hubs, Harold will be one in Venezula

Glenn McKnight:Geneva Internet Platform  GIP Digital Watch

Heidi Ullrich:Could we try doing monthly updates on the regular At-Large FB book as a start?

Sarah Kiden:Yes, Heidi. That's a good start.

John Laprise:Heidi: Honestly I have so much content coming into me, the odds of me reading a monthly update is slim to nil

John Laprise:Agree with Glenn on content of ISOC; I was more interested in the form

Heidi Ullrich:@John, I get that. However, for those on the edges of the community, it might be useful.

Glenn McKnight:the better form is  GIP

John Laprise:The question then, Heidi, is it "sticky" enough to grab someone's attention?

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:There is a Adobe Connect Social Stream Pod - https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.adobe.com_products_adobeconnect_apps_social-2Dstream.html&d=DgIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2dXAvSFpCIgmkXhFzL7ar9Qfqa0AIgn-H4xR2EBk&m=WU-KXo8_FZUHKYFYBae0C-NNf3vXWi9wD_VJumnVN_Q&s=LSkebmSoRiPaGX2n5FPAavEO3zRWhauggLhRrKkAL9c&e=  - perhaps we can incorporate this in our conference calls

Glenn McKnight:Dev can you add the two pictures  i sent you?

Terri Agnew:finding line

Glenn McKnight:Dev  can  we show the two images I sent to Terry?

John Laprise:Dev: appreciate the idea but would like a more open/easily accessible solution

Heidi Ullrich:Perhaps we could invite ICANN SM staff to a call in the future

Ariel Liang:@Heidi - yes, would be good to pick the brain of the experts for specific questions/topics

Terri Agnew:unable to post in AC as the image was removed when it hit my email

Glenn McKnight:Sent again,  the  card used a  social media  look and feel.  nice piece of literature.

Glenn McKnight:what a nice guy  Dev is

Glenn McKnight:bye all

Ariel Liang:Thanks all!

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond:Thanks Dev!

Prateek Pathak:Thank you all!

Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong:thanks and bye

• No labels