Claudia Ruiz: (4/23/2019 08:31) Welcome to the ALAC Monthly Teleconference Call on Tuesday, 23 April 2019 at  16:00 UTC
  Claudia Ruiz: (08:31)
  John Laprise (ALAC/NARALO): (08:50) I hear you G.
  Heidi Ullrich: (08:56) Welcome, All1
  Priyatosh Jana: (08:56) Hi Everyone
  Maureen Hilyard: (08:57) Hi all -- just waiting for another dialout..
  Lianna Galstyan: (08:58) Hi everyone
  Claudia Ruiz: (08:58) @Maureen the operator is trying both your numbers
  shreedeep rayamajhi: (08:59) thank you
  Alberto Soto: (08:59) Hola a todos, hello everyone!
  Maureen Hilyard: (08:59) It has to be my mobile because if you are trying Rarotonga, Im not there..
  Joanna Kulesza EURALO: (08:59) Hi all :)
  marita.moll: (09:00) sorry, I didn't mean to
  haroun mahamat cherif: (09:04) hi everyone
  Heidi Ullrich: (09:05) Welcome to Michelle, a new member of the A+ Team in support of At-Large! :)
  Maureen Hilyard: (09:06) Gisella you fade out occasionally..
  Gisella Gruber: (09:06) Nadira Alaraj joined us
  John Laprise (ALAC/NARALO): (09:06) Sounding good so far maureen :)
  Gisella Gruber: (09:07) Barrack Otieno joined us
  Heidi Ullrich: (09:07) ICANN64 Action Items:
  Barrack Otieno: (09:07) thanks Gisella
  John Laprise (ALAC/NARALO): (09:08) lost sound
  Marita Moll: (09:08) lost audio
  Judith Hellerstein: (09:08) i lost maureen
  Lianna Galstyan: (09:08) no audio
  Ejikeme Egbuogu: (09:08) no sound
  shreedeep rayamajhi: (09:08) no sound
  Glenn McKnight: (09:08) no sound
  Michelle DeSmyter: (09:08) please stand by...
  haroun mahamat cherif: (09:08) me too
  Maureen Hilyard: (09:09) audio gremlins have started already !!!
  John Laprise (ALAC/NARALO): (09:09) heard you G
  Gisella Gruber: (09:09) Did you hear me on the AC?
  Judith Hellerstein: (09:09) Good time to switch to zoom
  Marita Moll: (09:09) Yes we heard you
  Hadia Elminiawi: (09:09) yes gisella i did
  John Laprise (ALAC/NARALO): (09:09) yes
  Roberto Gaetano: (09:09) Oh, I thought it was my computer!!!!
  John Laprise (ALAC/NARALO): (09:09) heard maureen now
  Maureen Hilyard: (09:10) If you could all check the action items in case you are part of the solution ...
  Heidi Ullrich: (09:10) We will be introducing Zoom to everyone as we begin the roll out.
  Heidi Ullrich: (09:10) Please review the Action Items to see if you have been assigned any items.
  Maureen Hilyard: (09:10) Sorry for the audio issues.. apparently its my line today..
  Gisella Gruber: (09:10) Vanda Scartezini joined the call
  Vanda Scartezini: (09:11) hi everyone , sorry toa rrive late
  Claudia Ruiz: (09:11) Welcome Vanda Scartezini
  Vanda Scartezini: (09:11) thank you Claudia
  Joanna Kulesza EURALO: (09:11) Seems some of us got droppped off the audio bridge while the AC got connected, thanks for the redials.
  Vanda Scartezini: (09:11) yesterday the bridge was awful!!
  Gisella Gruber: (09:12) We will be on Zoom for the next ALAC meeting! So hopefully the audio issues will be solved
  haroun mahamat cherif: (09:12) no sound
  Maureen Hilyard: (09:12) I could hear the operator but she couldn't hear me.. Im going to try my laptop mike
  John Laprise (ALAC/NARALO): (09:12) yes
  Hadia Elminiawi: (09:12) yes
  Joanna Kulesza EURALO: (09:12) Yes, Maureen
  Gisella Gruber: (09:13) I hope you all hear Maureen!
  haroun mahamat cherif: (09:13) now yeah
  Heidi Ullrich: (09:14) @Jonathan/Joanna, please see your AI on updating the ALAC Hot Topics doc.
  Heidi Ullrich: (09:14) No pressure ;)
  Joanna Kulesza EURALO: (09:15) Thanks Heidi, will do.
  John Laprise (ALAC/NARALO): (09:15) FYI for everyone's info: Kevin Bankston of OTI (New America Foundation) announced this AM that he is moving to be Director of privacy policy at Facebook. Pretty big deal as he's been an outspoken critic.
  Judith Hellerstein: (09:16) @john-- money always talks loudest
  Claudia Ruiz: (09:16) Welcome Dev Anand Teelucksingh
  John Laprise (ALAC/NARALO): (09:16) we hear maureen
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh: (09:16) We hear Maureen
  Gisella Gruber: (09:16) I can hear Maureen
  John Laprise (ALAC/NARALO): (09:16) yes
  Vanda Scartezini: (09:17) yes
  Hadia Elminiawi: (09:17) yrs
  Hadia Elminiawi: (09:17) ye
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh: (09:17) Yes, hearing Maureen
  Barrack Otieno: (09:17) i can hezr now
  Gisella Gruber: (09:17) Welcome Serge
  Lianna Galstyan: (09:17) yes, we can hear all, Maureen, Sebastian, Heidi :)
  Heidi Ullrich: (09:17) Apologies, the EN audio on Adigo seems to have been lost...
  Barrack Otieno: (09:17) hear*
  John Laprise (ALAC/NARALO): (09:17) evin the vote result
  Heidi Ullrich: (09:17) audio back now
  Claudia Ruiz: (09:18) Welcome Jahangir Houssain
  Gisella Gruber: (09:20) Welcome Abdulkarim
  Judith Hellerstein: (09:20) HI AK
  Abdulkarim Oloyede: (09:21) thanks
  Abdulkarim Oloyede: (09:21) hi Judith
  Claudia Ruiz: (09:22) Welcome Bartlett Morgan
  Alberto Soto: (09:22) Sergio dijo que estaba el primer miembro individual
  Gisella Gruber: (09:23) Welcome Bartlett
  Bartlett Morgan: (09:23) Hello everyone
  Gisella Gruber: (09:24) Greg Shatan joined the audio bridge
  Judith Hellerstein: (09:29) When is the call for members of these committees
  Heidi Ullrich: (09:30) @Judith, it depends on the timetable.
  Alan Greenberg: (09:33) @Judith, one of the first tasks of the BMSPC is to set the schedule.
  Claudia Ruiz: (09:34) Welcome Daniel Nanghaka
  Alan Greenberg: (09:35) You have at least one from each region and more than quarum.
  Lianna Galstyan: (09:35) again no sound
  Alan Greenberg: (09:35) According to BOLD in attendance.
  Claudia Ruiz: (09:36) @lianna- you dont have sound?
  Gisella Gruber: (09:36) Ricardo and Sebastien on audio only
  Lianna Galstyan: (09:36) @Claudia, now I do
  Gisella Gruber: (09:36) Ricardo has joined the AC
  Claudia Ruiz: (09:37) @Lianna - thank you for confirming
  Gisella Gruber: (09:37) @Alan - bold are correct
  Ricardo Holmquist: (09:37) sorry my line dropped at begining of the point, just missed it completly
  Ricardo Holmquist: (09:37) now on the AC room
  Gisella Gruber: (09:37) we have 9 members if Sebastien can still hear us
  Ricardo Holmquist: (09:38) count me in for Yrjo vote
  Ricardo Holmquist: (09:39) sorry cant vote for Alan, did not know what is him for, miss that part
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (09:40) sorry for being late it is a bad time here in AU
  Claudia Ruiz: (09:40) Welcome Cheryl Langdon-Orr
  John Laprise (ALAC/NARALO): (09:40) Sebastian is recusing himself
  Alan Greenberg: (09:40) Vote for ALan for BMSPC Char and Yrjo for BCEC Chair.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (09:41) sorry if I didn't hear the call I will not need a call from Adigo
  Ricardo Holmquist: (09:41) I´m very sorry Alan, I don´t have at hand what it means BMSPC
  John Laprise (ALAC/NARALO): (09:41) for admin purposes count sebastian as an abstention
  Roberto Gaetano: (09:42) In principle, there is a fourth option, which is to leave the room while voting, so not be counted in the quorum
  Alan Greenberg: (09:42) Yes, our rules allow someone to explain why they are abstaining.
  Bartlett Morgan: (09:42) can I be counted as a yes?
  Alan Greenberg: (09:42) @Roberto, yes, I said IF in the room, there are 3 options.
  Vanda Scartezini: (09:43) guess ALAN is a ggood choice in this context
  Roberto Gaetano: (09:43) @Alan - understood.
  Ricardo Holmquist: (09:43) Thank you very much Maureen
  Ricardo Holmquist: (09:43) yes, count my vote also for Alan
  Yrjö Länsipuro: (09:46) Thank you for your confidence in me!
  Gisella Gruber: (09:46) Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong joined
  Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (09:47) please unsync agenda
  Heidi Ullrich: (09:48) @Bartlett, your yes was recorded.
  Gisella Gruber: (09:48) First Webinar is TODAY at 21:00 UTC and duplicated tomorrow at 12:00 UTC!
  Gisella Gruber: (09:49) Bookmard this page:
  Vanda Scartezini: (09:49) thanks Gisela, already in my agenda.
  Hadia Elminiawi: (09:49) ok thanks Gisella
  Abdulkarim Oloyede: (09:50) question on AtlasIII.. i find the form quite cumbersome and some questions unrealistic . I agree that we are looking for some specific people but with the structure of the form it would be easier to handpick rather than the forms. Some volunteers have not been given adequate opportunity in the we saw where some are recycled and new commers not pushed forward.
  Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (09:51) please unsync agenda
  Abdulkarim Oloyede: (09:52) appologies for typos
  Bram Fudzulani (Malawi): (09:52) +Abdulkarim
  Gisella Gruber: (09:54) @Olivier - good?
  Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (09:54) thanks for unsyncing! :-)
  Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (09:54) now it shows properly on the screen. Before it was cut
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (09:56) yes Alan that was mentioned in the ARIWG CALL yeste day it is already in the tasks for the reconvene d Metrics Sub Committee
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (09:57) note my Chat please for response to Alan's intervention
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (09:57) I am in listen only mode
  Abdulkarim Oloyede: (09:58) i think Atlarge should be more open to end users cos of the obvious rather than thighin up the rules on ALS. i think it should be the other way round
  Leon Sanchez: (09:58) hello everyone
  Claudia Ruiz: (09:58) Welcome Leon Sanchez
  Leon Sanchez: (09:59) my apologies for lateness
  Alan Greenberg: (09:59) @Cheryl, OOPS, had not realized that meeting was there! (It was a holiday here and did not check!)
  Heidi Ullrich: (09:59) Welcome, Leon!
  Abdulkarim Oloyede: (09:59) my commnent above was in relation to Alans comment sorry am quite slow in typing
  Heidi Ullrich: (09:59) We just moved to the next item. We'll come back to you in a moment.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (10:02) I am also on a supposed couple of days off @Alan I understand, but we spoke to the matter you raised amongst other things
  Gisella Gruber: (10:03) Avri Doria has joined the AC room
  Hadia Elminiawi: (10:04) I lost the sound
  Maureen Hilyard: (10:04) Ive lost Heidi..
  Leon Sanchez: (10:04) no sound
  Glenn McKnight: (10:04) no sound
  Gisella Gruber: (10:04) At-Large dinner date TBC
  Judith Hellerstein: (10:04) lost heidi
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh: (10:04) no sound
  Glenn McKnight: (10:04) What about the booth?
  Ejikeme Egbuogu: (10:04) nonaudio
  Abdulkarim Oloyede: (10:04) sound back
  Hadia Elminiawi: (10:04) yes
  Jahangir Hossain: (10:04) sound back
  Glenn McKnight: (10:04) you are fine
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh: (10:04) hearing Maureen
  Judith Hellerstein: (10:04) We can all hear you
  Lianna Galstyan: (10:04) we can
  Heidi Ullrich: (10:04) I was finished
  Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong 2: (10:04) Yes
  Yrjö Länsipuro: (10:04) I can hear
  Jahangir Hossain: (10:04) i can hear
  Leon Sanchez: (10:04) I hear Maureen loud and clear
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (10:05) you dropped Heidi
  Heidi Ullrich: (10:05) Maureen, you are not able to hear us
  Heidi Ullrich: (10:05) Gisella is speaking
  Judith Hellerstein: (10:05) @maureen, very interested in the next item you are talking about as naralo has many territories we want to give to the pacific
  Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (10:05) again -- there isa s plit between Adobe Connect and Adigo
  Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (10:05) so Heidi was still speaking when Maureen intervened
  Gisella Gruber: (10:05) I can hear Maureen on both ADIGO and AC
  Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (10:05) On Adigo we can hear Maureen but she can probably not hear Adigo
  Alan Greenberg: (10:06) Maureen, you are the only one who cannot hear.
  Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (10:06) oops ---
  Judith Hellerstein: (10:06) no all who are only on adobe cannot hear
  Gisella Gruber: (10:06) Maureen - I spoke to you on the AC and on the audio bridge - it seems to be your connection
  Gisella Gruber: (10:06) Maureen - we can hear you
  Leon Sanchez: (10:06) I can hear you Maureen
  Leon Sanchez: (10:07) I now hear Heidi as well
  shreedeep rayamajhi: (10:07) we can hear u
  Alberto Soto: (10:07) The channel Spanish is OK.
  Priyatosh Jana: (10:07) I can hear you
  Alan Greenberg: (10:07) Some of us heard...
  Hadia Elminiawi: (10:08) yes Leon
  Vanda Scartezini: (10:10) clear for me here
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (10:11) @Abdulkarim, your point on Individual Members of ALSes as well as of the RALOs per se is well made and yes we are going to focus in that area as well, when Alan referred to Individual Members he referred to that as well ..But there is also specific work as well to be addressed in the ARIWG implementation of recommendations work as well I. this matter  please join perhaps the relevant work teams on this issue ..Metrics Sub Committee at least...
  Maureen Hilyard: (10:12) Please MUTE your lines.. during Leon's presentation
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (10:14) @Leon do you require anything from SubPro Leadership pre retreat then?
  Hadia Elminiawi: (10:15) The noise is bacl again
  Vanda Scartezini: (10:15) thanks Leon
  Judith Hellerstein: (10:15) I think the noise may be from leon's line
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (10:15) thankseon, just checking
  Leon Sanchez: (10:15) So it was my line indeed!
  Leon Sanchez: (10:15) Sorry for the noise!
  Leon Sanchez: (10:16) Great to have an ALS in Guadalupe!
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh: (10:16)
  Judith Hellerstein: (10:17) Yes in naralo we want to give ourpacific territories to APRALO
  Silvia Vivanco: (10:18) ICANN Geographic regions:
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh: (10:18) Perhaps it should be a standard procedure that potential At-Large Structures in a "phyiscal region" can join the RALO in the ICANN region, but allowed to be observers in the RALO in their physical region
  Leon Sanchez: (10:19) Good point Dev
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (10:20) Seems an elegant and sensible approach @Maureen
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (10:22) but the whole lot of the ICANN Community has to agree to change  the final report is in the Boards hands as approved yet still to be implemented I believe
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (10:23) I lowered my hand see chat
  Heidi Ullrich: (10:23) Maureen, we can hear Alan
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (10:23) on the Geo regions matter re ALSes
  Judith Hellerstein: (10:23) @cheryl, yes I had not heard whether the board has approved it yet which is why I asked the question to the board
  Hadia Elminiawi: (10:23) I can't hear alan
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (10:24) hearing G and Maureen only
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh: (10:24) The ICANN Board accepted the Geographic Regions Review Working Group Final Report on 25 Oct 2018
  Hadia Elminiawi: (10:24) yes i can hear you Maureen
  Claudia Ruiz: (10:24) @Maureen-we are dialing out to you
  Lianna Galstyan: (10:24) @Tijani, it's also a question of 'agreement within the country' - agreement among which stakeholders?
  Heidi Ullrich: (10:24) Alan is on the line, Maureen
  Judith Hellerstein: (10:24) I can hear maureen
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (10:24) @Judith it was in a recent Board concentrate Agenda
  Heidi Ullrich: (10:24) and was speaking
  Alan Greenberg: (10:24)  I will type.
  Judith Hellerstein: (10:24) thanks.  i missed that
  Yrjö Länsipuro: (10:24) I'm hearing Maureen loud and clear
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (10:25) yes I was Chair of the VeoRegions Review
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (10:25) Geo not Veo
  Alan Greenberg: (10:25) WE already have AP LASes that "participate" in EURALO. Not a new issues.
  Judith Hellerstein: (10:25) It seems the adigo bridge is not connected well to adobe
  Judith Hellerstein: (10:25) Yes
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (10:25) indeed @Alan but this is a matter of costs not votes
  Alan Greenberg: (10:26) For transfering region, everyone in the region must agree. PLUS the home country. (ie France). It will not happen!
  Vanda Scartezini: (10:26) yes celar
  Alan Greenberg: (10:26) I can hear
  shreedeep rayamajhi: (10:26) yes
  Vanda Scartezini: (10:26) clear
  Gisella Gruber: (10:26) can all hear Heidi?
  Bartlett Morgan: (10:26) can hear
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh: (10:26) Hearing you Heidi
  Ejikeme Egbuogu: (10:26) yes
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (10:26) we hear Heidi now
  Alan Greenberg: (10:26) It seem only Maureen or maybe those on AC who cannot hear.
  Alan Greenberg: (10:26) I could always hear Heidi.
  Gisella Gruber: (10:26) So far, both are good as I have both AC and ADIGO audio on
  Silvia Vivanco: (10:28)
  Heidi Ullrich: (10:28) Thanks, Silvia. That is the universal workspace for elections.
  Vanda Scartezini: (10:28) thanks heidi for this alert
  Glenn McKnight: (10:29) We will have a  Meet the Candidate Call prior to the vote in May.  Waiting for a doodle
  Lianna Galstyan: (10:32) useful clarification
  Vanda Scartezini: (10:32) thank you Olivier
  Raymond Mamattah: (10:33) I hope the requirements for the candidates will be flexible enough to allow people with little experience to contest. We all need to be allowed to come on board to learn
  Leon Sanchez: (10:33) That’s a different and interesting situation Olivier
  Yrjö Länsipuro: (10:34) Yes can
  Vanda Scartezini: (10:34) yes!!!
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh: (10:34) Yes, hearing Alan
  Alberto Soto: (10:34) Gracias, thanks!!! Bye Bye!!Yes Alan
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (10:34) yes
  Hadia Elminiawi: (10:34) yes
  Priyatosh Jana: (10:35) yes
  Judith Hellerstein: (10:35) Guam is an independent country but is linked to the US
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (10:35) as I said an elegant solution
  Leon Sanchez: (10:36) Thanks everyone
  Leon Sanchez: (10:36) Good meeting
  Bartlett Morgan: (10:36) @ Judith, not sure thats the case
  Vanda Scartezini: (10:36) +1 Cheryl...
  Hadia Elminiawi: (10:36) Thank you all - bye
  Marita Moll: (10:36) Bye all. Thanks
  Bartlett Morgan: (10:36) goodbye all
  Ricardo Holmquist: (10:36) Bye, thanks
  Jahangir Hossain: (10:36) Thank you all -bye
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (10:36) bye so much for Vacation days Leon
  Priyatosh Jana: (10:36) good bye all
  Vanda Scartezini: (10:36) thank you all!!
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh: (10:36) bye all
  Lianna Galstyan: (10:36) Thanks everyone, bye
  Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong 2: (10:36) Bye
  Ejikeme Egbuogu: (10:36) bye
  Roberto Gaetano: (10:36) bye
  Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong 2: (10:36) All
  avri doria: (10:36) bye, thanks
  Silvia Vivanco: (10:36) bye all

  • No labels