Date: Monday, 10 September 2018
Time: 12:00 - 13:00 UTC (For the time in various timezones click here)
Meeting Number: 0918/1
How can I participate in this meeting?
Conference ID: EN 1638 ES:1738
Adobe Connect: https://participate.icann.org/at-large-social-media-wg/
EN: DJohn Laprise, Daniel Nanghaka, Pastor Peters Omoragbon, Sarah Kiden, Olivier Crépin-Leblond, Bram Fudzulani, Shreedeep Rayamajhi, Yrjö Lansipuro, Glenn McKnight, Amrita Choudhury, Dev Anand Teelucksingh, Alfredo Calderon, Lilian De Luque, Michel Tchonang Linze, Ejikeme Egbougu, Amer Al-Subai, Wale Bakare
Apologies: Lianna Galstyan, Dr. Govind, Susannah Gray, Eranga Samararathna, Satish Babu, Maureen Hilyard, Narine Khachatryan, Adebunmi Akinbo, Olévié Kouami
Staff: Evin Erdoğdu, Yeşim Nazlar
ES: Claudia & David
Call Management: Yeşim Nazlar
Action Items: EN
AC Chat: EN
Recording: EN, ES
Transcript: EN, ES
- Roll Call - Staff (2 mins)
- Agenda Overview and 2018-07-11 Action Items - John Laprise, SMWG Chair (3 mins)
- Introduction of SMWG RALO Leads - RALO Leads (10 mins)
- Current RALO Social Media Activity - John Laprise and All (20 mins)
See: Suggested APRALO strategy (below, as example):
1 - Enhancing the APRALO Facebook page and Twitter handle
2- APRALO Facebook page: More interactive
- Have a live discussion on one particular policy; the community may ask specific questions related to the policy to a specialist.
- Have a Facebook Live session with one of the leaders about two weeks prior to ICANN63.
- Have a session once a month on "Q&A with APRALO leader": The community may ask questions on how they can engage further; contribute or progress within the community, leadership etc.
- Have a monthly session on "Meet an ALS": A particular ALS could be highlighted and/or community members.
3 - The above could then be tweeted by staff with APRALO Twitter hashtag and re-tweeted by APRALO community members. APRALO community members may also create their own tweets with APRALO hashtags and/or Tweet @ At-Large.
4 - There could be a tweet thread/discussion on a particular subject, where multiple people can participate online at a particular time.
See: RALO SMWG Lead Brainstorming page
See: ICANN at Large SoMe Roster Contact staff to add your community's information
- Suggested RALO strategy for number of posts/which languages/which platforms, per month
- Suggested use of #Slack platform
- RALO Monthly Newsletters (start one for your RALO)
See: APRALO monthly newsletters
See: NARALO monthly newsletters
- SoMe strat doc and SoMe tac doc update - John Laprise (5 mins)
- ICANN63 Social Media Goals - John Laprise and All (15 mins)
- Action items Summary - John Laprise and Evin Erdoğdu (3 mins)
- AOB - John Laprise (2 mins)