ALAC Monthly Teleconference for January 2008
Date: 8 January 2008
Time: 1330 UTC (for the time in various timezones click here)
Interpretation Available: Yes (EN, FR - Simultaneous)
Summary Minutes: Meeting Summary 8 January 2008
Action Items: Action Items 8 January 2008
Transcription (EN): Transcription 8 January 2008
Recording (EN): 31MB MP3
A G E N D A
Agenda is in draft form until adopted by the Committee.
Documents are linked for download next to the agenda items they belong to where available.
Members are requested to refrain from inserting explanatory text next to the agenda item in the interests of readability. If you could simply create a new page and insert the link to that page next to the item in question, that would be most helpful
Standing Agenda Items
- Adoption of the Agenda – 1 min
- Roll Call Apologies from Members (if any) - 1 min
- Adoption of the Minutes of the Previous Meeting - 5 mins
- Review of Action Items of the Previous Meeting - 8 mins
- Review of current status of ALS applications - 5 mins
In the interests of time, Members are requested to add items relating to regional activities only if ALAC action is required; this should go in the 'New Business' section of the agenda.
Liaison & Other Reports
In the interests of meetings running on time, Members are reminded of the Committee's resolution to converse on the reports of liaisons, Chair, and Staff online, and not to engage in verbal reports of this type during meetings.
Members are reminded to take note of the open public consultations. Please see http://www.icann.org/public_comment/ for the current list
Note by the Chair: We need to apply our recently adopted processes to the following:
- New gTLDS
- IDNs Input from RALO's and ALS's as well as At-Large for input into the IDNC-WG before Jan 16th. Public Comment ends 25th Jan
- RAA Review
- WHOIS Services
- Public Comment on Domain Tasting Initial Report ends 28th January.
- NTIA Review ends Feb 15th (we will work from a NARALO draft online then get RALO input and look towards development for a common statement in New Delhi.)
Note of the Staff: In connection with these matters, Members are advised to review ALAC Members & Other Officers
Other Matters From Previous Meetings
>> # Work Planning and identification of issues -
>> # Someone to take the lead on watching the ICANN Web site;Mechanism for calls for ad-hoc WG's and announcements to other lists... Work plan tracking also fits in here...
>> # Communication matters, (internal to ALAC and external) this matter includes review / and renewal of our Web site, including collaboration tools and to meet the needs of our identified outreach and education outcomes discussed in LA (*and to be furthered in New Delh*i); as well as blogs; work planning, asset allocation, lead selection reporting mechanisms and job tracking
>> # Commitments Sorted by ALAC Member: Commitments of ALAC Members
>> # Commitments Sorted by Post / Working Group: ALAC Members & Other Officers
New Business / Any Other Business
- Summit Planning and WG activities
- Planning for New Delhi Meeting - see the ICANN 31 - New Delhi Meeting - February 2008 page.
i) Travel arrangements including accommodation.
ii) Planning Sub Committee and Agenda preparation.
3. Research Opportunities for Discussion or Advisory Paper development. (Carried over to next meeting)
- Various aspects of Domain Name Industry behaviour (as it relates to various ICANN Policies and Policies under review or being developed) could be used as a basis of Pro-Active work to be done by the At-Large Community supported or facilitated by ALAC
- Some examples of this currently would include:
- Research on Aspects of WhoIs
- Research on Domain Name Renewals and or Transfers.
5. In-service training and review of New Web page / services and use of collaboration tools... How Who and When...
Remote Participation Details
13:30 PM UNIVERSAL TIME
Jose Ovidio Salgueiro
Hawa Diakite (FR)
Mohamed El Bashir
Fatimata Seye Sylla
Nguyen Thu Hue
USA: Toll-Free (North America Only): +1 (800) 550-6865 / USA Toll: +1 (213) 233-3193
contributed by firstname.lastname@example.org on 2008-01-07 21:16:37 GMT