OPEN ACTIONS/REQUESTS

Item #Source of RequestDate of RequestAction Item RequestAction OwnerRequest Clarified (link to email archive; date)

Anticipated Completion Date

84#1308 Dec 2017

Subgroups Matrix: ICANN org to send out an email to Rec#10 subgroup pointing out that Volker will not be able to address the issue until mid-January. Susan volunteering to join the subgroup. ICANN org to update matrix.

ICANN org
12 Dec 2017
83#1308 Dec 2017

Terms of Reference: Every RT member to respond to Alan's email no later than Tuesday 12 Dec.

Review Team members
12 Dec 2017
82#1308 Dec 2017

Terms of Reference: Alan to send the review team a call for consensus to adopt the ToR and Work Plan.

Alan
12 Dec 2017
81#1308 Dec 2017Terms of Reference: ICANN org to send updated ToR and Work Plan to RT with a last call for edits/comments to the list.ICANN org
12 Dec 2017
80#1308 Dec 2017

Terms of Reference: 

  • "Replacement and Removal of Members": add text from operating standards: "Depending on the remaining time of a review, or any other factors, the relevant SO/AC may choose not to nominate a replacement candidate."
  • On page 18, first paragraph, delete "by ICANN Organization"
  • Update hyperlink to final version of Limited Scope Proposal
  • Update table in Appendix 2 to remove references to Actions and green highlighted comments in right-most column
ICANN org
11 Dec 2017
79#12

 

Request for briefings:  Review team to review alan's email and send suggestions/comments via email list.

RDS-WHOIS2-RT

 

77#12

 

Work plan: Susan, Chris, Erika to review the work plan and provide input/comments.

Susan, Chris, Erika

 

76#12

 

Chris to confirm names of Board Caucus Group members and to provide timeframe information on submission of ToR (+ work plan)

Chris


68#10

 

Scope & Objectives: WHOIS1 Recs: ICANN org to inventory changes made to WHOIS policies since the first RT completed.

ICANN org


41#9

 

RDS/WHOIS2 leadership to confirm Stephanie’s request for a briefing on contractual compliance/RAA. 

Leadership

 

40#9

 

Review Team members (Susan, Stephanie, Erika, Thomas, Carlton, Alan) to send completed Statement of Interests form and signed Conflict of Interest policy asap to staff list. Four Review Team Members had already completed their forms at the time of the face-to-face meeting. 

RDS-WHOIS2-RT

 

COMPLETED ACTIONS/REQUESTS

Item #Source of RequestDate of RequestAction Item RequestAction OwnerRequest Clarified (link to email archive; date)

Anticipated Completion Date

Completed ResponseCompletion Date
81#12

 

Briefing on GDPR: ICANN org to provide an update on this request

ICANN org

 

Update provided on leadership call, briefing will be scheduled for second half

83#12

 

ICANN org to send an email recap on subgroups to the review team.

ICANN org

 

email sent to the Review Team.

78#12

 

Scheduling: Leadership to liaise offline on confirming the plenary call time. Next Monday's call scheduled at the standing call time.

Leadership/ICANN Org

 

Plenary calls confirmed after leadership meeting #12

 

75#12

 

Terms of Reference

1) Change revised due date to Nov 28 2017

2) Move background on limited scope to appendix and replace with summary paragraph

3) accept consensus edit on page 5

4) comment A4 is withdrawn, text to remain

5) add RDS definition to page 7

6) edits to pages 9 and 10 accepted with no objections

7) Accept edits to pages 13-14 except for deleting "and am willing to implement it"

8) Add disclaimer that work plan is a living document (Alice to draft language)

9) Text proposed by Alan (A11) to be included on page 12 under Support from ICANN Organization

10) Retain (updated) scope table in appendix

ICANN org

 

ToR shared with plenary agenda #13 via email.

 

71#11

 

Scope & Objectives: Review Team members to review these items and confirm by the end of next week that the Scope discussion can be considered frozen (adopted).

RDS-WHOIS2-RT

 

No comments were received.

 

57#9

 

On work plan: ICANN Org to provide overview of external expert engagement process and needs.

ICANN org

 

External Expert engagement was shared with leadership via email

 

55#9

 

On Terms of Reference: ICANN org to draft text for deliverables and timeframes based on agreements reached in this meeting, for leadership review.

ICANN orgLatest version of ToR was shared via email.

 


 

53#9

 

On Terms of Reference: Alan (with Susan’s help) to propose text describing consensus policy for the group.

AlanLatest version of ToR was shared via email.



 

50#9

 

ICANN org to provide options and costs for F2F meetings before and after ICANN61 and ICANN62.

ICANN org

 

Costs shared via email.

 

65#10

 

Scope & Objectives: - Lisa and Alan to draft text for an additional item indicating that the team will also review ICANN's bylaws pertaining to the RDS review, in accordance with ICANN's bylaws.Lisa/Alan

 

Updated version shared via email

 

64#10

 

Scope & Objectives: - ICANN org to clean the Scope and Objectives table and incorporate Objectives text only into the ToR.ICANN org

 

Updated version shared via email

 

62#10

 

Terms of Reference: - ICANN org to add RDAP definition and shorten IDN definition. 

ICANN org

 

shared via email with Leadership

 

61#10

 

Terms of Reference: - ICANN org to adjust scope and match timeline in terms of reference to 12 monthsICANN org

 

shared via email with Leadership

 

60#10

 

Implementation Briefings Questions: - RT members to review Implementation Briefings questions and send any additional questions or changes by Tuesday 17 October

RDS-WHOIS2-RT

 

No other questions received.

 

43#9

 

Provide estimates on how many review team members will be funded to travel at ICANN meetings/would not incur travel expenses.

ICANN org

 

email sent to leadership.

74#12

 

Statement of Interest: Send a reminder to Stephanie, Erika and Susan to sign and return SoI/CoI.

ICANN org

 

email reminder sent directly to Erika, Stephanie, and Susan.


80#12

 

Fact Sheet: Place a comment on fact sheet wiki page, that it is currently pending review.

ICANN org

 

ICANN org added a status on the wiki page to explain the fact sheet is still under review.

82#12

 

ICANN org to distribute blog entry to list (COMPLETE - Thanks, Cathrin!): https://www.icann.org/news/blog/data-protection-privacy-activity-recap[icann.org]

ICANN org

 

Cathrin shared blog post via email with the review team.

73#11

 

Statement of Interests: RT members who have not sent their SoI/CoI yet to do so by Monday, 23 October. ICANN org to send a reminder to those who have not returned their forms on Tuesday, 24 October.

RDS-WHOIS2-RT

 

email reminder sent to Review Team.


72#11

 

Subgroups Matrix: Set concise mailings lists for each subgroup, add Alan to each mailing list.

ICANN org

 

email confirmation sent to leadership.


70#11

 

Plenary call: Prepare a doodle poll to select the timing of upcoming plenary calls.

ICANN org

Doodle poll was shared via email. Excel file with identified possible plenary call times was shared via email with leadership.

44#9

 

RDS/WHOIS2 leadership to communicate draft Scope identified at the Face-to-Face meeting to the ccNSO.

Leadership

 

Letter from Alan Greenberg to Katrina Sataki to provide an update on the RDS-WHOIS2 Review Scope.

69#10

 

Scope & Objectives: WHOIS1 Recs: Susan to lead discussion during next plenary call on a framework to measure and assess the effectiveness of RT1 recommendations.

Susan

 

Done on plenary call #11

67#10

 

Scope & Objectives: OECD Guidelines: Lisa, Alan and Erika to work together on wording for OECD guidelines, version to be shared ahead of the next plenary meeting.Lisa/Alan/Erika

 

OECD Objective suggested additions were shared via email to the Review Team.

49#9

 

ICANN org to request meeting room for informal meeting with lunch provided at ICANN 60 on October 31 from 12:15 PM to 1:15 PM.ICANN org

 

room confirmation was sent to leadership via email.

46#9

 

ICANN org to provide Cathrin with template for 1st pass scoping of effort/tasks required for each work area; Cathrin to further develop template for agreement by leadership. 

ICANN org

 

Document sent to Cathrin via email.

66#10

 

Scope & Objectives: - ICANN org to apply agreed edits to this Scope and Objectives table for redistribution.ICANN org

 

Email

 

63#10

 

Objectives: Expressions of interest and first-pass planning assignments

- ICANN org to update and resend table of assignments to review team, requesting any changes be suggested no later than Monday. ICANN org to also send an email to those who are not on the call to confirm assignments. If any changes are needed, ICANN org to make the necessary changes in advance of next plenary call.

ICANN org

 

Email

 

36#8

 

Propose criteria for determining effectiveness by Brussels MeetingSusan

 

Email

 

27#6

 

On Scope: Row 2: Stephanie to provide definition of effectivenessStephanie

 

Susan Kawaguchi to provide definition (see action item 36)

CLOSED

 

70#10

 

Statement of Interests: - ICANN org to clarify what is meant by signing electronically.

ICANN org

Email clarification sent to the leadership.

59#9

 

ICANN org to schedule two plenary calls on Oct 12 and 19 at 12:30 UTC for 90 min, new plenary call time will be proposed post Abu-Dhabi.

ICANN org

 

Meeting invitation sent via email

58#9

 

On work plan: Scope, Terms of Reference, Workplan to be adopted and relayed to Board by November 24.

RDS-WHOIS2-RT

 

Workplan updated and shared ahead of plenary call #10

56#9

 

On work plan: ICANN org to circulate new version of the workplan by next week. 

ICANN org

 

Workplan updated and shared ahead of plenary call #10

54#9

 

On Terms of Reference: Any review team member who wishes to add a definition to the Terms of Reference should provide a draft definition by 12 October.

RDS-WHOIS2-RT

 

Overdue

51#9

 

ICANN org to draft meeting communique for leadership review.

ICANN org

 

Meeting summary available here.

52#9

 

ICANN org to provide list of questions raised on WHOIS1 implementation reports for recs 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 9, 15, 16 for leadership approval.

ICANN org

 

List shared via email to leadership.

48#9

 

ICANN Org to reach out to Thomas on topics he would be interested to contribute to. 

ICANN org

 

Email sent to Thomas with rt in copy.


47#9

 

ICANN org to provide updated Scope and Objectives table to reflect tentative agreements reached during meeting. 

ICANN org

 

Document updated and shared via email ahead of plenary call #10

45#9

 

ICANN Org to come back to leadership with proposal suggested assignment for 1st pass scoping, based on expressed interests, to distribute workload across team and include one member of the leadership on each item. 

ICANN org

 

Document shared with leadership via email.

39#8

 

Fill in the ICANN 60 doodle (http://doodle.com/poll/q35x2qxtipnyna9h) by COB today and/or confirm planning to attend. If no quorum, the meeting will be cancelled. 

RDS-WHOIS2-RT

 

Meeting is confirmed on October 31, 12:15 - 13:15 GST.

 

38#8

 

Update scope table in light of today's plenary discussionICANN org

 

Updated table added to the FtoF #1 reading list.

 

37#8

 

Reach out to CCT Review Team to see if they have a working definition of consumer trust this RT might use, and also any research relevant to consumer trust and WHOIS.ICANN org

 

Email sent to CCT Leadership on September 29, 2017.


35#8

 

ICANN org to send list of questions to RT list - Leaders to confirm list of questions on set of briefings #2 

ICANN org

 

Updated table added to the FtoF #1 reading list.

 

34#8

 

Send list of questions to RT list - Leaders to confirm list of questions on set of briefings #2.ICANN org

 

Updated table added to the FtoF #1 reading list.

 

33#7

 

Pull scope issues together in a simple documentAlan - ICANN Org

Document shared via email by Alan.

 

32#7

 

Capture RT members' detailed questions on briefings and circulate to Review Team list for leadership's confirmation prior to providing answers in writingRDS-WHOIS2-RT


 

31#7

 

Send follow-up questions on briefings to the mailing-listRDS-WHOIS2-RT


 

24email

 

Send your preliminary questions on WHOIS1 implementation

RDS-WHOIS2-RT

 


 

19#5

On Scope: Suggest language on effectiveness component.Stephanie Perrin


 

11#4

 

Follow up on SOIsICANN Org

SoIs shared and presented at FtoF Meeting 1. Reported here.

 

10#3

ICANN Org to provide ToR and Work Plan templates, as they become availableICANN Org


 

42#9

 

Cathrin to look at three definitions of “law enforcement” and to suggest language for working definition. 

Cathrin

 

definitions shared with leadership via email.

30#7

 

Produce list of ToR items to be addressedICANN Org

 

List sent via email to the review team.

 

29#6

 

Share schedule of briefings - this will inform decision whether to hold Sept 28th meeting or not.ICANN org

 

Presented on plenary call #7

 

14#4

 

Provide overview of methodology used for implementation and difficulties encounteredICANN org

Presented on plenary call #7.

 

26#6

 

On Dependencies section: - add GDPR, - add text "ICANN org to update list and alert RDS-WHOIS2 of any changes to the list"ICANN org

 

Circulated via email.

 

25#6

 

On removal/replacement of Team Members, include following edits: new member instead of replacement, 70 % for both thresholds, refuses instead of fails.ICANN org

 

Circulated via email.

 

28#6

Address fact sheet question on time allocated for research/studies

ICANN org

Clarification sent via email to the RT.

22#5

 

On Scope: Send any other comments on scope to Review Team listRDS-WHOIS2-RT

 



18#5

On ToR: On dependencies, identify all known groups for Review Team consideration

ICANN org

Presented on plenary call #6.

 

16#5

On leadership responsibilities: Edit item #2 - use identify when speaking in individual capacity

RDS-WHOIS2-RT

Presented on plenary call #6.

 

21#5

On Scope: Help leadership produce draft text reflecting Review Team's discussion on law enforcement objective.ICANN org

Email sent directly to Cathrin by Lisa.

 

20#5

On Scope: Suggest text that reflects OECD component.RDS-WHOIS2-RT Leadership

Document sent to the review team via email.

17#5

On ToR: On replacement and removal of members, draft text for Review Team considerationRDS-WHOIS2-RT Leadership

Alan sent paragraph via email.

23#5

On Scope: Work with ICANN to ensure last column reflects status of discussionRDS-WHOIS2-RT Leadership

Email sent to leadership.

 

13#4

 

Circulate a v2 that includes comments/input received on draft ToR for Review Team to discuss on plenary call #5 ICANN org

  

Email circulated to RT

  

15#4

 

Put together short clear paragraph that includes issues you believe should be in the scope, in addition to mandatory items listed in BylawsRDS-WHOIS2-RT

  23:59 UTC

Alan sent confirmation email deadline has passed.

  

12#4

 

Read draft Terms of Reference and to suggest edits and/or offer comments in comment boxes or track-changes

RDS-WHOIS2-RT

 23:59 UTC

Alan sent confirmation email deadline has passed.

  

8#3

 

RDS-WHOIS2-RT to schedule time on the next call to discuss how to integrate observersRDS-WHOIS2-RT/

 

Decision reach on call #4.

 

4#2

 

Staff to circulate the ToR template, once finalized, with the review team.ICANN Org/

 

Document sent to RT via email.

 

9#3

 

ICANN Org to distribute recap of RT email discussion to date on scope, so that RT members can begin to draft text for scope section of ToRICANN Org/

 

Email circulated to RT.

 

8#3

 

ICANN Org to update meetings calls invitations for 90 min bi-weekly meetings as from August 3. ICANN Org/

 

Invitations sent to RT using individual email addresses.

 

7#2

 

Alan, Cathrin, and Susan to liaise together to determine the structure of the interim leadership. 




6#2

Create doodle poll to capture availability so a decision can be reached in the next coming weeks.  Any modifications to the meeting schedule would be in place until the first FtoF meeting in October. 

ICANN Org/

Doodle sent via email to RT.

5#2

Create doodle poll to identify who on the RT will be in Abu Dhabi. 

ICANN Org/

Doodle sent via email to RT.

 

3#1

Circulate a poll with potential meeting times for next calls.

ICANN Org

/

Email circulated to RT.

2#1


Circulate a poll to confirm position on whether to hold a meeting or not at ICANN59. Close date for doodle: COB Friday. Input will be sought on date preferences for informal dinner.ICANN Org/

Email to confirm position circulated to RT.

1#1

On leadership: issue call for expressions of interest and structure preferenceICANN Org/

Call for expressions of interest email to RT.







































  • No labels