Attendees, Recordings & Transcripts
Day 2 - Friday, 03 Nov. 9:00 - 5:30 PM/GST
Team: Denise Michel, Eric Osterweil, Geoff Huston, Kaveh Ranjbar, Noorul Ameen, Norm Ritchie, Ram Krishna Pariyar, Žarko Kecic.
Guests: Patrik Falstrom, Rod Rasmussen
Observers: George Sadowsky, Charla Shambley, Jo-Ying Huang, Emily Taylor, Larisa Gurnick, Laurin Weissinger, Avri Doria, John Poole, Jie Zhang, Wen Chien Hung, Pam Little, Paul Foody, Raed, Suzanne Woolf, Farzaneh Badii, Narendra Nath, Alexander Chilikov, Tomohiro Fujisaki
Remote Participants: Don Blumenthal, Jabhera Matogoro
ICANN Organization: Jennifer Bryce, Steve Conte
Remote Staff: Alice Jansen
Apologies: Alain Aina, Boban Krsic, James Gannon, Kerry-Ann Barrett, Mohamad Amin Hasbini
- SSR2 Community Input: ICANN60 - community input
- Scope: https://docs.google.com/document/d/12WgvTZM2RaOfHTVzSiwdS69bfKFNitBNTmLAmw-zePc/edit?usp=sharing
- Skills: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AldO8HkV4l0ftxOCHph8sk71LlrJhB1nLU6kpvGpFXQ/edit?ts=59fc18a9#gid=0
CHAT TRANSCRIPT: EN
For both face-to-face sessions on Friday, 27 October and 03 November 2017 @ 09:00 - 17:30: Physical Room: Capital Suite 1
Remote Participation Link - https://participate.icann.org/abu60-capitalsuite1
- English Audio - http://stream.icann.org:8000/abu60-capitalsuite1-en.m3u
- Tags - DNSSEC (Domain Name System Security Extensions), ICANN (Internet Corp for Assigned Names & Numbers), SSAC (Security and Stability Advisory Committee)
Agenda & Details
Second Security, Stability, and Resiliency of the Domain Name System (SSR2) Review Team Face-to-Face Meeting
Interested in the security, stability, and resiliency of the Domain Name System (DNS)? Observe the second day of SSR2 Review Team’s two-day face-to-face meeting on 03 November 2017 in Abu Dhabi.
The team is examining security, operational stability, and resiliency matters relating to ICANN’s coordination of the Internet's system of unique identifiers. At this meeting, the team will continue to progress its work in the five key areas of the review:
• ICANN's implementation of community recommendations from the first SSR Review (SSR1).
• The completeness and effectiveness of ICANN's internal SSR processes.
• ICANN activities that impact the security and stability of the DNS.
• ICANN's strategy to address potential future challenges to the secure and resilient operation of the unique identifiers systems it coordinates.
• The impact of the IANA stewardship transition on the security of ICANN and the unique identifier systems it coordinates.
Learn more about the progress and background of SSR2 by visiting the SSR2 wiki and SSR2 homepage on ICANN.org