Toronto NARALO Events Organising Committee call
Date: Wednesday, 03 October 2012
Time: 20:00 UTC (for the time in various timezones click here) Note: ONE HOUR LATER THAN USUAL
How can I participate in this meeting? Please join on Adigo #3535 for this meeting only.
Adobe Connect Link: http://icann.adobeconnect.com/naralo/
Attendees:Olivier Crepin-Leblond, Garth Bruen, Gordon Chillcott , Glenn McKnight
Apologies: Darlene Thompson
Staff: Matt Ashtiani, Gisella Guber, Silvia Vivanco, Heidi Ullrich
A G E N D A
1. Welcome and Roll Call - Staff (2 mins)
(Note: items were renumbered by Garth as there were duplicate #3's)
- Staff to recalculate the budget for the NARALO Showcase with as many real numbers as possible. - COMPLETED
- Staff to find a fishbowl for business card collection. - TO BE COMPLETED IN TORONTO
- Matt Ashtiani to send Glenn McKnight a list of participants. Glenn McKnight to then contact NARALO members and ask them to volunteer at the NARALO booth. - COMPLETED
- Gisella Gruber to check if the same time can be scheduled for next Wednesday
- OCL needs a list from staff of people who will be receiving certificates
- Inserting Steve Crocker into Showcase Lineup
- Correction to Toronto Mailing list: Naraloemail@example.com
- Staff cooperation with "back end" of Interest form
- Filling in table coverage
- Final travel details
2. Review and Adoption of the Agenda - Garth (2 min)
3. Discussion of NARALO Toronto Event Activities - All (30 mins)
a. NARALO RALO Anniversary/Outreach Event (Regatta Room & Time)
i. See NARALO RALO Anniversary webpage
i. Sponsorship update
(What currency was Afilias quoting in? How much is final amt?) ~GB This has been clarified as USD 2,500
ii. Invitations to Keynote and other Speakers
- Garth spoke to David Fowler @CIRA
- Coordinating call with Patrick Ryan
- No word from Grabanesse
iii. Multi-media for the Outreach event - Update
Olivier needs list (?) - See action items Staff: Delete "coordination" column in Agenda table - COMPLETED (noted, Garth, Staff - delete this line, thx)
i.Tentative topics of the Fellowship Meetings in Toronto: cyber security in developing nations, implementation of IPv6, DNSsec, Stakeholder Services and Relations, IDN gTLDs, IDN ccTLDs, Policy development – how to get developing nations involved, impact of Internet Governance within ICANN, ccTLD compliance (asked by community member).
ii. Development of Capacity Building Session agendas - topics and speakers
*Integrate discussions from FCWG, R3(Evan & JJ), RRRWG (Holly), Compliance(Olivier, Evan, Carlton, Garth), Secretariats(Garth), new gTLD WG (Dev), Consumer brochures (Rinalia?) etc...
*YELLOW: how do we publicize this? Do we want other RALO's wearing yellow too? ~GB
Garth needs list of attendees to issue certificates to for participation in the capacity building sessions
Question: Is there a capacity building on Sunday? or is this just the newcomers/fellows meeting? (Glenn, via Garth) - Staff answered no. Meetings are Mon - Thur.
c. NARALO Table Top Display in ICANN Village
*Glenn & Staff: List of items to be displayed with links if possible
i. ICANN information booth can be used - What technical requirements are needed?
*Slideshow in development, focus on details of RALO engagement and application process. Draft outline of new slideshow format:
1. What we are (NARALO/At-Large) - Eduardo. General overview of the At-Large structure, it's relationship to ICANN, What NARALO is specifically in the At-Large structure. What does "NARALO" stand for? What region does NARALO cover? (Image of a map, images of different, countries, territories, languges). Visual of where NARALO is in the ICANN chart
2. What we do/have done - Gordon (talk to the group, especially Evan, review the website) What At-Large regional groups do. What NARALO does. Our accomplishments.
3. Who we are (look for yellow and pin) - Glenn. Names, locations of ALSes. Officer profiles. Photos of people/events
4. How to join (specifics simplified) - Garth. Breaking down the application. Steps for applying. Who can apply. How to apply. Making it EASY
Joly needs details on remote participation for the Toronto event.
4. Update on Promotional Items - All/Staff (15 min)
c. Invitation postcards - See draft postcard
d. Meeting Guide text - See text in draft Meeting Guide (page 7)
e. Brochures - Update: Staff are bringing: 100 EN and 50 each of ES and FR.
5. Planning the Logistics - Update from Staff - Staff (5 min)
b. Update from Constituency Travel - Pending issues
Question about approved arrival date: "Approved date of arrival: Saturday, October 13, 2012", arrangements by TC made from Monday.
Travel Constituency On Calls?
Was Dana Perry contacted by CT? (Garth) - Staff noted she has travel booked Garth spoke to ISOC CO and they will be supplying a name ASAP (Garth) - Ognian "Ogi" Roumenov Mitev Question from ALS about per diem (Randy via Garth) - Requested in local currency, how does this work? - Staff noted he should be contacted at the meeting about where to pick up *Re-purposing surplus funds for other ALS activity, for discussion (Garth) - Questions about alternate venues for recruitment (Staff will update)
c. Creation of mailing list for NARALO Toronto Events Participants - Completed (see:Naralofirstname.lastname@example.org)
i. Updating ALS list: *Staff please list:Emerging Futures Network/Dharma Dailey on Web and spreadsheets (Garth) - Staff noted this will be changed
6. Next Steps
This meetings action items
AI: OCL needs a list from staff of people who will be receiving certificates. As discussed, these are founding members, "survivors" of 5 years
AI: To collect photos of speakers AI: HU to follow up with ISOC CO.- Completed. No response as of 24 September. (resolved - Garth) AI: Staff to set up a mailing list for the NARALO Toronto Events Participants.- Completed. AI: Staff to schedule the next Organizing Call for next week at the same day and time.- Completed AI: Staff to determine if funds can be re-purposed for outreach at other confs