Claudia Ruiz:Welcome to the NARALO Monthly Call on Monday, 10 September 2018 19:00 UTC
Eduardo Diaz - NARALO Chair:hi
Eduardo Diaz - NARALO Chair:Connecting to the telephone bridge
Glenn McKnight-FBSC:testing audio
Glenn McKnight-FBSC:can't hear anything
John Laprise:we hear your keystrokes and voice
Adrian Schmidt:Hello good pm! (at least here in Lacombe, AB)
George Kirikos:Hello. Is there a conference id?
George Kirikos:Nevermind, I think I figured it out.
Glenn McKnight-FBSC:Welcome George, Adrian and Allan
George Kirikos:Thanks Glenn.
Glenn McKnight-FBSC:Michael Casadevall, you are new on the call too?
Adrian Schmidt:Thank you!
Silvia Vivanco:Hello all welcome
John Laprise:From John Laprise (ALAC Rep), Item 026: ALAC has been busy in preparation for ICANN63. The KSK rollover is moving ahead as well as preparations for the chair handover from Alan to Maureen. We've also been busy with the consolidated policy WG, Review implementation, new GTLD. I also led today's social meeting wg meeting earlier.
Glenn McKnight-FBSC:Welcome Michael and George a new Unaffilated member
Glenn McKnight-FBSC:Welcome Kirstin and Bill
Glenn McKnight-FBSC:As to NARALO CROP plan
Yubelkys Montalvo:Hello to all!
Maureen Hilyard:HI everyone.. I just thought I would pop in and say hi :)
Glenn McKnight-FBSC:Welcome Yubelkys
Glenn McKnight-FBSC:Welcome Kirsten
Glenn McKnight-FBSC:Welcome Joe Catapano, GSE for North America
Glenn McKnight-FBSC:Good idea Alfredo
Claudia Ruiz:Welcome Francisco Rosario
Glenn McKnight-FBSC:Is Francisco a fellow too?
Glenn McKnight-FBSC:Hi Wes
Glenn McKnight-FBSC:Welcome Leon
Claudia Ruiz:Welcome Leon Sanchez
John Laprise:Social Media WG is still looking for additional volunteers for the regional work team. Contact me, evin. Heidi. or Silvia.
Leon Sanchez:thanks Glenn
Glenn McKnight-FBSC:The newsletter had George profiled in the recent newsletter. We will showcasing each ALS and Unaffilaited member
John Laprise:Item 043 add
Leon Sanchez:thanks Claudia. it turNed out the plane actually has wifi coverage
Glenn McKnight-FBSC:Welcome John More, John is with ISOC Washington DC
Claudia Ruiz:Welcome John More
Glenn McKnight-FBSC:Jeremy Pesnet as well
Silvia Vivanco:Welcome to George Kirikos ,Joey Doyle, Jeremy Pesner (US)
Claudia Ruiz:Welcome Janos Szurdi
George Kirikos:Thanks Silvia.
Janos Szurdi:Thank you!
George Kirikos:My SOI: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/George+Kirikos+SOI
Glenn McKnight-FBSC:George thatnks for the SOI
Glenn McKnight-FBSC:Hi David
Claudia Ruiz:Welcome David Morar
Glenn McKnight-FBSC:I see Janos Szurdi online too
Alfredo Calderon (ISOCPR):Janos and Michael are both Fellows.
David Morar:hi everybody. apologies for the delay. Adobe would not launch on my laptop, so I had to do it over mobile
Glenn McKnight-FBSC:Ed you bet me too it:)
John Laprise:Volunteers are ALWAYS welcome
Glenn McKnight-FBSC:Jon Zuck
Glenn McKnight-FBSC:welcome chris
Glenn McKnight-FBSC:Folks Chris and Joe are with the ICANN NA GSE
Heidi Ullrich:Welcome, All!
George Kirikos:The KSK Rollover will be very interesting next month.https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.icann.org_resources_pages_ksk-2Drollover&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=CXERzIws_vaPY8WrLB9yz2PICpecEh3yA9MaabnyyBk&m=ijiEebpMLfYsDwC8G1_Am6HUkdQQ3esE5ISC4hpYme8&s=CRhKpxOx2bwgzoxwVYpmL05iDe1qcNC7lWEdA9XMXAI&e=
Glenn McKnight-FBSC:you are low
Glenn McKnight-FBSC:can't really hear
Heidi Ullrich:Not hearing you.
George Kirikos:IS there an echo from someone?
David Morar:echo echo
Glenn McKnight-FBSC:not me
Michael Casadevall:George: Indeed; I realize I'm a little late as unless something major happens, the rollover will happen in the next month, but it still got my interest.
Glenn McKnight-FBSC:hand up
Janos Szurdi:i disconnected my microphone now
Allan Skuce:Glen hand up
Glenn McKnight-FBSC:hand up
Glenn McKnight-FBSC:sorry I got the gender wrong
Glenn McKnight-FBSC:my apologies
Glenn McKnight-FBSC:Thanks I will send the sign up sheet for the booth at ICANN Barcelona
Glenn McKnight-FBSC:Alfredo hard to hear you
David Morar:Glenn still has his hand up? Or is it just my phone being laggy?
Glenn McKnight-FBSC:Sign up sheet
Glenn McKnight-FBSC:@Chris can we get the academic acknowledgement statement for the newsletter etc
Glenn McKnight-FBSC:Above is for Michael and Janos to sign up for the booth duty
Glenn McKnight-FBSC:Also any other NARALO attendees
David Morar:NAGS is also working with the Law School at ASU to pilot graduate student involvement in NARALO, At Large and ICANN in general. (We’re also doing some outreach at USC, and hopefully other universities this fall)
Yubelkys Montalvo:Chris I’m interested in learning more about the universities initiative, since I work with universities as well. Please advise.
George Kirikos:Here's the announcement re: the survey for the TMCH: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__gnso.icann.org_en_announcements_announcement-2D06sep18-2Den.htm&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=CXERzIws_vaPY8WrLB9yz2PICpecEh3yA9MaabnyyBk&m=ijiEebpMLfYsDwC8G1_Am6HUkdQQ3esE5ISC4hpYme8&s=OOmyhV-Lr7_UOMUYYtRj2_gH_RzVKZYOVlWibrdM6Pw&e=
Michael Casadevall:@Glenn: what time length of block do you recommend for running the booth? I don't think the schedule is up so I am concerned on double-booking myself.
George Kirikos:(that comes via the RPM PDP; I'm in that working group)
Francisco Rosario 2:Hi to all is Francisco from Puerto Rico, looking to collaborate and get more involved!!!!
Glenn McKnight-FBSC:Sorry Franciso my brain was running slow, Its coming back now.
George Kirikos:Often PDPs take years to finish. So, it might not align well with university credits (unless you get them signed up as freshmen!).
Glenn McKnight-FBSC:@Heidi can we action item Chris to provide a brief for NARALO list, skye and Newsletter on the academic inititiate
Glenn McKnight-FBSC:very low
George Kirikos:Low volume here too.
Glenn McKnight-FBSC:Yubelkys is with HET
Silvia Vivanco:@ Glenn I have noted your request as AI
Glenn McKnight-FBSC:thanks Silvia
Glenn McKnight-FBSC:She is very active with Hispanic Education in North America, very interesting work
Glenn McKnight-FBSC:Not ready for prime time yet
Glenn McKnight-FBSC:i hear very low
Silvia Vivanco:yes Glenn
George Kirikos:Perhaps type in chat?
Eduardo Diaz - NARALO Chair:she seems to be in the phone
John More:Chris. I assume you are aware that ISOC has a major new initiative with respect to the cross-border effects of national legislation with respect to the Internet.
Glenn McKnight-FBSC:Thanks John
Yubelkys Montalvo:or course
Chris Mondini:@John, yes we are hoping that ISOC will take a leading role and we can collaborate
Silvia Vivanco:Thank you for that update Chris !
George Kirikos:@JohnMore: that was one of the topics that the NTIA solicited info about recently.
Chris Mondini:I am a big fan of HETS!
John More:Of course, not just GDPR.
Chris Mondini:And we love NAGS!
Glenn McKnight-FBSC:David makes a good point from a student perspective
Chris Mondini:@David M : yes we are goibg via administration and faculty.
Maureen Hilyard:+1 David
Chris Mondini:Also, There is major collaboration with Spanish Universityies before Barcelona
Yubelkys Montalvo:thanks Chris! count on me
Heidi Ullrich:Please let staff know if you have an event you'd like to promote on social media
John More: Cross- order effects of national laws and regulations was also a theme of the IGF USA 2018. So it will be important to coordinate, including collecting and archiving the laws and regulations.
Chris Mondini:@JOhn L : well put
John Laprise:TY Alfredo! Great idea
David Morar:you mean the Usernames, not hashtags, right?
George Kirikos:Maybe folks can add their social media usernames to their SOIs?
George Kirikos:(if one adds appropriate fields on the wiki)
Glenn McKnight-FBSC:Note that the ATLARGE Review mentioned Social Media in particular for us and as we roll out the strategy I assume we need to measure the results of the interventions
Glenn McKnight-FBSC:A SLACK group was created in the past
George Kirikos:#NARALO gets just a few tweets per month on Twitter: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__twitter.com_search-3Ff-3Dtweets-26vertical-3Ddefault-26q-3D-2523naralo-26src-3Dtypd&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=CXERzIws_vaPY8WrLB9yz2PICpecEh3yA9MaabnyyBk&m=ijiEebpMLfYsDwC8G1_Am6HUkdQQ3esE5ISC4hpYme8&s=5C2hi6gRaBW2OkIrr5zy9H9uee9n7FWkJlpeIMe14kI&e=
John Laprise:yes glenn...we'll use slack again and use it. :)\
Alfredo Calderon (ISOCPR):Yes the Slack initiative will be revamped.
Glenn McKnight-FBSC:Screen captures good idea
John More:pls send an invite to the Slack group.
Michael Casadevall:Two cents: Is there a specific reason why using a hashtag? I would think being able to follow a regional account would be easier, esp.because you can set them notify on all tweets.
Heidi Ullrich:New CROP requirement is 6 + 5 days for VP approval.
Silvia Vivanco:CROP Procedures: https://community.icann.org/display/CROP19/CROP+Procedures+and+Guidelines
Alfredo Calderon (ISOCPR):@Janos and @Michael for the booth duties, please wait til the ICANN schedule is out. Then you can decide when you might have some time for the booth. Keep in mind the the Fellows Booth will be holding short meetings for newcomers and Fellows.
Eduardo Diaz - NARALO Chair:I am suggesting to do 7 weeks and when submitted ithat s already approved by the GSE VP
John Laprise:@Michael Yes...part of it has to do with who manages the handle. ICANN staff manages the main handles and IP wise we'd want subhandles manged by staff as well but we don't have a community managment team
John Laprise:@George Yes. That needs to change through use. :)
Heidi Ullrich:Marita has informed me re the re-scheduling
Claudia Ruiz:Welcome Marita Moll
Heidi Ullrich:RALO Discretionary Funding Workspace - including application: https://community.icann.org/display/CRALO/RALO+Requests+for+Funding+to+support+an+Outreach+Activity
John Laprise:@John I'm expecting one from Dev: Evin and I are on it
John Laprise:also @John contact evin
John Laprise:+1 Heidi
George Kirikos:Thanks Glenn.
Chris Mondini:@Marita that is good news. We are standing by to help
Marita Moll:Thanks Chris. You will be hearing from us.
Silvia Vivanco:Education group: https://community.icann.org/display/NARALO/Education+Working+Group
John Laprise:Silvia AI: we can also collect member handles too. We/Evin (@ICANNatLarge) can bundle them into a public list
Silvia Vivanco:@ John for sure! will note
Michael Casadevall:John: What's the best way to get in contact w/ you?
John Laprise:any which way Twitter @JohnLaprise gmail firstname.lastname@example.org
John Laprise:I'm also searchable...just be sure you remind me of who you are :)
Leon Sanchez:well done! good call. very concise
Michael Casadevall:Heh, no problem. The social media WG seems like a very good way to get involved as a new member, I'm just being a bit hesistant not to join too many things at once.
John Laprise:If it's something you're interested in, no better way :)
George Kirikos:Bye folks.
John Laprise:au revoir
Leon Sanchez:thanks everyone
Francisco Rosario:Thanks Eduardo
Maureen Hilyard:I will make sure that Eduardo has the latest organigram to distribute. It will be made public in Barcelona
David Morar:thank you!
Silvia Vivanco:Thank you !!
Allan Skuce:Bye thanks
Michael Casadevall:Have a good day/night everyone!
John More:good call