The Latin American and Caribbean (LAC) Regional At-Large Organisation (LACRALO) consists of accredited At-Large Structures (ALSes) in the LAC region to promote and ensure participation by regional Internet non-commercial users in the process of developing ICANN policies.
LACRALO is guided by three key documents :
1) Memorandum of Understanding
The Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) document was signed by ICANN and 13 signing organisations (ALSes) in the LAC region on December 4th, 2006 during the 27th ICANN International meeting in Sao Paulo, Brazil. It's intent is to establish and define activities to be carried out by LACRALO and supported by ICANN.
- Memorandum of Understanding in English : MOU Between ICANN and At Large Structures in the LAC Region EN SIGNED.pdf
- Memorandum of Understanding in Spanish : MOU Between ICANN and At Large Structures in the LAC Region ES.pdf
2) Operating Principles
New LACRALO Operating Principles 2018
The Operating Principles of LACRALO was approved by the regional ALSes at the 27th ICANN Meeting in Sao Paulo, Brazil on December 4, 2006. Its intent is to describe how LACRALO will conduct its operations in fulfilling the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with ICANN.
It was last updated in March 4 2009 by the LACRALO General Assembly held during the ICANN meeting in Mexico.
- LACRALO Operating Principles in English : Operating Principles of the LACRALO Rev1 - EN.pdf
- LACRALO Operating Principles in Spanish : Principios Operativos de la LACRALO Rev1 - ES.pdf
3) Rules of Procedures
The LACRALO Rules of Procedures are currently under revision. You can review the draft modifications and compare it with the previous version. Changes are highlighted with bold text.
The Rules of Procedures was adopted by LACRALO on June 24, 2007 at the ICANN meeting in Puerto Rico. Its intent is to document how LACRALO will conduct its meetings such as the general assembly and monthly teleconferences.
- Rules of Procedures in English : AL 2007 SD 2 Rev LACRALO Rules of Procedure EN.pdf
- Rules of Procedures in Spanish : AL 2007 SD 2 Rev2 LACRALO Rulesof Procedure ES.pdf
Text Proposal to harmonize the EN and ES versions of the Rules of Procedure, document AL/2007/SD/2.Rev1
Text approved at the London General Assembly meeting LONDON – LACRALO General Assembly Wednesday, June 25, 2014 – 12:00 to 15:00
Propuesta de texto para armonizar las versiones ES y ES de las Reglas de Procedimiento, documento AL / 2007 / SD / 2.Rev1
Texto aprobado en la reunión de la Asamblea General LONDRES Londres - Asamblea General de LACRALO Miércoles, 25 de junio 2014 - 12:00-15:00
4) Other important documents:
ALAC adopted their last version of RoP during ICANN meeting in Beijing:
- Rules of Procedures in English : ALAC RoP-06April2013.pdf
- Rules of Procedures in Spanish : ALAC RoP-06April2013-ES.pdf
FINAL METRICS document :