At-Large Improvements Project Taskforce 27 February 2012
Date: Monday 27 February 2012
Time: 17:00 UTC - 18:00 UTC (for the time in various timezones click here)
Meeting Number: AL.gTLD/MT.0212/1
Who is on the dial-out list for this call?
Action Items: EN
Summary Minutes: EN
AC Chat Transcript:EN
Adobe Connect Meeting Room: http://icann.adobeconnect.com/atlargeimprovementsprojecttaskforce/
Participants: Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Sergio Salinas, Tijani Ben Jemaa, Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro, Dev Anand Teelucksingh, Yrjo Lansipuro, Jose Arce
Apologies: Natalia Enciso
Staff: Heidi Ullrich, Silvia Vivanco, Seth Greene, Nathalie Peregrine
- A G E N D A - Draft
1. Welcome & Attendance (5 min... CLO/Staff)
2. Brief Review of 'The Story So Far' (5-10 min... CLO/Staff)
- Review of Summary Minutes and the Action Items from last (10th) meeting held on 20 February 2012.
- At the 11th AII-TF Meeting we continued our review and status / next steps allocations each of the ALAC Review Recommendations in numerical order; as detailed in the Summary Minutes linked above, we have completed recommendations 1 through 11 of the Taskforce Project Tables.
- We will continue in this 12th meeting with items listed with reference to: Recommendation 12: ICANN should develop a way for bodies recognized as representing consumer interests to be heard at critical points in key decisions and to provide input into policy processes, and Recommendation 13:ALAC should strive to provide policy advice on any issue that affects individual Internet users. To this end, the following should be strengthened: ALAC’s internal policy-advise processes; the SOs’ processes for requesting ALAC’s policy input; andthe SOs’, ACs’ and Board’s processes for providing ALAC with feedback on the use of its policy advice. Please see for additional reference: Reference: Recommendation Workspaces and the Abridged Table of Recommendations and Action Items and Key References: ALAC/At-Large Improvements Implementation Project Plan - 7 June 2010 and ALAC/At-Large Improvements Project Milestone Report - 9 October 2011
3. Discussion/Review of Tasks and Recommendations Status (40 min... CLO / AII-TF)
- Discussion and Assignment of STATUS for the Recommendations 12 and 13. (Brief Review only using the Full TF Table as well as record (later) on the 'Recs Wiki pages' listed under Resources below) AII-TF 35 mins)
Note (to Wiki page and Table) any required next steps for completion where required and discussion of next steps and Action Items for next meeting with regards to each. (this task will possibly run over several meetings).
Resources: the AII-TF will use existing Work Team pages dedicated to each of the At-Large Improvements Review 13 recommendations (as endorsed by the ICANN Board in June 2009). (click links to parent Wiki pages *** below); Each page contains a summary of the specific work underway in the implementation of that recommendation. Specifically, the following is listed:
- A summary of the recommendation itself (as stated in the Final Report);
- A summary of the steps or tasks planned for implementing the recommendation; and
- The Status COMPLETED / ONGOING/ PENDING / REDUNDANT or a Target Completion DATE for the recommendation as a whole to be implemented.
In addition, on these pages, visitors can leave comments regarding the implementation of any one of the recommendations.
Finally, each of these pages will link, as needed, to tailored pages that each work team can use in conducting its actual ongoing implementation work (for example, some will link to pages used to collect specific information requested from the At-Large community).
***The following are direct links to the individual wiki page for each recommendation:
Recommendation 1: ICANN bylaws to reflect ALAC's continuing purpose
Recommendation 2: At-Large-selected ICANN Board member
Recommendation 3: ALS-RALO-ALAC structure to remain
Recommendation 4: ALS education and engagement
Recommendation 5: Strategic and operational plans
Recommendation 6: Accurate cost models
Recommendation 7: Choice of communication and collaborative tools
Recommendation 8: Public comment period
Recommendation 9: Translation and interpretation processes
Recommendation 10: ALAC/At-Large is home of individual Internet users
Recommendation 11: Board statement recognizing Rec. 10
Recommendation 12: Input from consumer representatives
Recommendation 13: Policy advice mechanisms to be strengthened
4. Review of Draft ALAC/At-Large Improvements Implementation Project: Status Update (10 min...All)
See: Draft Status Update