The Guidelines are a list of general standards for IDN registration policies and practices that are designed to minimize the risk of cyber squatting and consumer confusion, and respect the interests of local languages and character sets. For more information please visit: https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/implementation-guidelines-2012-02-25-en.
- FInal Proposed Draft v. 4.0 of the IDN Guidelines published. See updates here.
- Second Public Comment call - 19 October 2017
- Final Draft for the Second Public Comment (also presented at ICANN 60)
- Traceability Matrix between public comment version 4.0 and current version 3.0
- Public Comment call - 3 March 2017
- Final Draft for Public Comment (also presented at ICANN 58)
- Working draft version released at ICANN 57: IDN Guidelines 4.0 20161102.pdf
- Checklist of issues and slides for the community at ICANN 55.
|IDN TLD Project|
|Joint ccNSO-GNSO IDN Working Group (JIG) Reports|
|Second Level Policies|
Working group for reviewing the guidelines has been formed with the following members based on "Call for Community Experts to Review the IDN Implementation Guidelines".
Senior Vice President
|Executive Vice President||Puerto Rico Top Level Domain||ccNSO|
|Research Associate||University College London||GNSO|
|Senior Product Manager||Verisign||GNSO|
(member until 7 April 2017)
|Senior Research Fellow||KNET||GNSO|
(will only review work)