APRALO Singapore Showcase OC Meeting

Date: Thursday, 06 February 2014

Time: 05:00 - 06:00 UTC (for the time in various timezones click here)

Meeting Number: AL.AP/CC.0214/1


How do I participate in this meeting?

Adobe Connect Meeting Room:  http://icann.adobeconnect.com/apralo


Action Items: EN

Recording:  EN  

Transcript:     EN      

AC Chat Transcript:   EN          


Siranush Vardanyan, Olivier Crépin-Leblond, Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Maureen Hilyard, Bikram Shrestha

Apologies: Ali ALMeshal, Pavan Budhrani

Staff: Silvia Vivanco, Heidi Ullrich, Gisella Gruber, Philadel Yeo



  1.  Welcome and Roll call (Siranush & Staff) 
  2. Review of ACTION ITEMS from previous call on 14 January 2014
  3. Main topics to be discussed based on action items:
    1. finalization of catering stuff, budget, proper documentation - Silvia
    2. Printing materials status - Brochure with pics, which Maureen is preparing - Maureen, budget for printing - Silvia
    3. PPt - Maureen and Ali
    4. video status - Emani
    5. quiz status - Pavan
    6. invitation letters status - Siranush
    7. MOUs status - Maureen, Holly, Siranush
    8. speakers - who else? appropriate timing? - updated agenda is here - SHARE YOUR thoughts on the agenda
    9. TOTAL budget - how much is still needed to ask for sponsorship - Silvia/Siranush (money for fans, Folklore performance and printing materials are still pending).
    10. Fans as takeaways status - Siranush/Kuek/Philadel
    11. Disability group - presence, speakers status - Kuek







  • No labels

1 Comment

  1. Hi Everyone

    1. The fans

    I agree with Siranush that we should keep the fans as an APRALO giveaway, so maybe 200 would be a good number.  I assume CLO will have a  chance to do a quality check J (re: #17)

    2. The theme of our APRALO Showcase

     We should confirm whether we have a theme title for our event. I consider “Celebrating Diversity” a really appropriate and inspiring MOTTO for APRALO.  As I put the brochure together I find that the statement encapsulates the uniqueness of our region and its ALSes – it expresses pride in our diversity. Personally, I’d like the motto to remain.   However, if we were to have a particular theme, should it not reflect ICANN’s meeting theme and how APRALO is applying it in our region? A final APRALO decision on this would be good before I complete the brochure

     3. Self-funded attendees to Singapore (#6)

     The attached table outlines the results of the discussions I have had with ALSes about attendance at the Singapore and ATLAS II events. I am still awaiting details from 3 new ALS contacts.

     4. ALS information (#10)

     The posters we were initially going to work on were going to require really high quality photographs, so I’ve decided to concentrate on the two-fold brochure with photos of the ALS members who came to Beijing or are planning to come to ATLAS II. I am still short of a few photographs for the brochure, otherwise it is looking good. I will use the beautiful Singapore logo in place of their photos if I don’t get them before the end of Jan, but I’ll keep reminding them.