Gisella Gruber-White:Welcome to the APRALO Beijing Events OC Meeting on Tuesday 27 November 2012 at 0400 UTC
  Gisella Gruber-White:Agenda: https://community.icann.org/display/APRALO/APRALO+Beijing+Events+Organizing+Committee+2012.11.27
  Maureen Hilyard:Hi everyone..
  Pavan Budhrani:hi
  Pavan Budhrani:i am on the call too
  Maureen Hilyard:Yep I'm listening and seeing if I can connect my sound
  Maureen Hilyard:Cheryl - That would sound better than the roosters I usually have outside my window,
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:Is Edmon really on?
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:I thought it was Pavan who spoke.
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:Gisella, please confirm that Edmon is on.
  Silvia Vivanco:Hello everyone
  YJ Park:Hi!
  YJ Park:How about Hong?
  Holly:Hi Everyone - just checking that the lines from Oz are working!
  Gisella Gruber-White:Please speak LOUD and clear - thank you!
  Policy Host:Hi All, Silvia and I (Heidi) are taking this call together from the Playa Vista ICANN office today.
  Gisella Gruber-White:Hong has disconnected
  Gisella Gruber-White:We are calling her back
  YJ Park:I would like to withdraw myself and nominate Hong.
  Maureen Hilyard:I will support Holly's nomination for Co-Chair, if there is another co-chair willing to take the other role.. like Hong if no YJ?
  Gisella Gruber-White:I do not have Hong connected at this stage
  Maureen Hilyard:You are very quiet Holly
  Gisella Gruber-White:Hong and Jack are back
  Maureen Hilyard:I'm all for the three of you.. a good spread across the region (you representing 'down under')
  YJ Park:yes
  Maureen Hilyard:yep
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:staffing the booth is an excellent outreach tool IMO
  Gisella Gruber-White:Please mute your speakers if on the phone and adobe connect
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:Let's establish a sponsorship committee and appoint a lead/ co-leads (eg., Hong and Edmon)
  Policy Host:Staff have informed the staff responsible for the Fellowship meetings and the Newcomers Track meetings that APRALO ALSes will likely be joining their meetings.
  Maureen Hilyard:I'll help out in any way I can..
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:I volunteer to coordinate the Multistakeholder policy roundtable with anyone else who is interested
  Policy Host:What has worked well in the past is to develop schedules for each sub-group. The NARALO Silicon showcase schedule is: https://community.icann.org/display/NARALO/NARALO+-+Proposed+Showcase+Schedule
  Gisella Gruber-White:Edmon has joined the call
  Policy Host:Holly, APRALO is red! :)
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:pink haha
  Policy Host:and the t-shirts/clothing was completely self-owned.
  Maureen Hilyard:Red is supposed to be a lucky colour, isn't it?
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Our  Regional Colour is RED
  Policy Host:Thanks, Cheryl!
  Policy Host:Glad to see you are able to write now.
  Policy Host:Also, please note that ICANN Meetings staff will be working directly with any sponsors rather than At-Large staff.
  Policy Host:We can request Chinese interpretation for any meeting/event.
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:Edmon could work on the young people's agenda too.
  Edmon::-D i see myself being volunteered multiple times in my absence but happy to do so :-)
  Holly:Hi Edmon - You were put on the Sponsorship committee - so far that's all
  Edmon:ah... ok, XD
  Holly:Yes, Jack is on Sponsorship
  YJ Park:If Hong is willing to help, I will be happy to come back to co-chair position.
  YJ Park:I think it's critical to have direct connection with local community.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Yes  we will do that YJ  and  not just theough Hing & HJack et.al  but also our egional VP fro the Region in ICANN and his expanding team
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Yes Edmon on Showcase  as PART of the Reception is  essential IMO
  Edmon::-) happy to contribute
  Maureen Hilyard:Holly.. is the fiji Island ALS, PICISOC ? (which is why I am in Fiji at the moment) We'd love someone to represent this ALS because its the one ALS that represents 22 countries..
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:Sylvia, please note down Edmon's name as lead on showcase please
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Yes a Pacific focus  is essential
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:Yes, Maureen
  Maureen Hilyard:OK
  Maureen Hilyard:Yes I remember.. sounds good..
  Gisella Gruber-White:Echo is from Hong's line but we are keeping line open as neither Hong nor Jack are on the AC
  Edmon:when do we know which ALSes will be there?
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:Edmon ANd Maureen - please reach out to the west Asian folks and the South Asian/South East Asians as part of the committee
  Edmon:second cheryl, think we covered this in toronto as well
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Coinfirm  us joining  Felowship
  Maureen Hilyard:I thought that the newbies were going to join the current Fellowship programme
  Edmon:we send all ALSes (who are interested, especially those who have not participated as much) to join the ICANN fellowsihp meetings
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:+1 @ Edmon
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:it means the effective Fellowship program tnhat has run so well to capacity build and inform
  Heidi Ullrich 2:Holly, yes it does sound like that you are discussing outreach activities
  Maureen Hilyard:The current programme is a well-oiled machine.. that our new ALS members would really benefit from..
  YJ Park:Under the limited time, could I suggest to proceed this meeting more effectively?
  YJ Park:It would be more clear for us to put the proposed programmes into the existing one.
  YJ Park:to incorporate the proposed meetings/events into the current draft.
  Maureen Hilyard:I know that Sala is involved in a youth training programme at the moment.
  Heidi Ullrich 2:We have 4 minutes left to this call. Could the letter for the ALSes be agreed?
  Heidi Ullrich 2:so the letter could be sent.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:at is essential  YES
  YJ Park:yes
  Heidi Ullrich 2:Also, could we please set up the next meetings?
  Heidi Ullrich 2:Is CLO's suggestion re the signing of the letter ok?
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:OK
  Heidi Ullrich 2:We will also be setting up a mailing list shortly
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:We need it in at least 2 weeks  and all SC's need a list and a wiki p[agge
  Heidi Ullrich 2:yes, Cheryl, we will set up the wikipages for the subcomittees
  Gisella Gruber-White:yes
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:11th Dec
  YJ Park:My apology then. Attending WCIT from Dec. 3 till Dec. 14. in Dubai.
  Heidi Ullrich 2:Who will be planning the GA?
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:GA - CLO and Holly Raiche
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:Holly mentioned it earlier, Heidi.
  Gisella Gruber-White:Wednesday 12, Thursday 13th with various times
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:GA  would be planned by the Chair of AP{RALO (amy team APRA:O asks to assist  and the secretariate
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:OK  to add the Friday before (AP Friday)  as well
  Edmon:i will need to drop off and rejoin the APTLD activities here in Taipei
  Gisella Gruber-White:Thank you everyone!
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Lets  stay on
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:thanks edmon

• No labels