Gisella Gruber:Welcome to the AFRALO Webinar: Transition of US Government Stewardship of the IANA Function on Tuesday, 6 January 2015 at 18:30 UTC
  Gisella Gruber:Agenda: https://community.icann.org/x/fo0QAw
  Etienne TSHISHIMBI:Excusez moi vous etes la déjà
  Gisella Gruber:Bonjour a tous!
  Tijani BEN JEMAA:Hi Gisella
  Tijani BEN JEMAA:I skyped you a few minutes ago
  Tijani BEN JEMAA:can u plz acknoledge
  Gisella Gruber:@ Tijani - yes I have just seen and will update accordingly
  Seun Ojedeji:Hello everyone
  Tijani BEN JEMAA:hi Seun
  Otunte Otueneh:Hello everyone
  Yaovi Atohoun:Hi all
  Beran Gillen:hello everyone
  Fatimata:Hello Qll
  Fatimata:Happy New Year again
  Seun Ojedeji:Hi Beran and Fatimata
  Beran Gillen:hi Seun
  Etienne TSHISHIMBI:on Thanks you Fatimata
  Jari Arkko:Hello everyone. Good to start working again with you all, in new year 2015.
  Etienne TSHISHIMBI:Happy new year everyone
  Etienne TSHISHIMBI:Le son est haché est ce que c'est ainsi chez vous
  Etienne TSHISHIMBI:?
  Etienne TSHISHIMBI:oui
  Janvier Ngnoulaye:Bonjour à tous,  Hi to All
  Fatimata:Ah Bienvenue Janvier
  Janvier Ngnoulaye:Merci Fatima
  Tijani BEN JEMAA:Je suis coupé
  Silvia Vivanco:Hello all
  Tijani BEN JEMAA:pouvez-vous me reconnecter s'il vous plait
  Fatimata:Hi Silvia
  Silvia Vivanco:Welcome to the Webinar
  Mary Uduma:Hello All, I hear french from my adio not english.  Can  I be switched to ENGLISH CHENNEL?
  Fatimata:Please call back Tijani
  Silvia Vivanco:We are still gathering. Staff will let us know when we are ready to start
  Janvier Ngnoulaye:Peut-être passe à la présentation suivante en attendant l'arrivée d'Adiel ?
  Adebunmi Akinbo (.ng ccTLD, DNS Africa):Happy New Year All. No sound at my end.
  Seun Ojedeji:are we starting soon? i can't hear anything
  Beran Gillen:@janvier, je suis d/accord
  Adebunmi Akinbo (.ng ccTLD, DNS Africa):Can i get a dial in? (+2348171111017).
  Gisella Gruber:@ mary - we are dialling out to you again
  Janvier Ngnoulaye:Sorry, let go in English Channel: May be we move to the next item while Adiel is try to join ?
  Mary Uduma:OK. BUT MY ADOBE IS IN FRENCH
  Etienne TSHISHIMBI:on entend mieux
  Etienne TSHISHIMBI:maintenant
  Janvier Ngnoulaye:Yes I'm hearing you people very well
  Adebunmi Akinbo (.ng ccTLD, DNS Africa):English Channel, please.
  Gisella Gruber:We are starging
  Gisella Gruber:@ Adebunmi - we are calling you
  Gisella Gruber:@ Mary - please mute your speakers in order to avoid background noise
  Beran Gillen:line is bad cant hear a thing
  Gisella Gruber:@ Beran - will call you back
  Adebunmi Akinbo (.ng ccTLD, DNS Africa):Thanks, Gisella. Audio Call out in English is clear.
  Silvia Vivanco:See: https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/icg-faqs-2014-10-10-en with ICG FAQ
  Gisella Gruber:@ Adebunmi - all good!
  Silvia Vivanco:CWG to Develop an IANA Stewardship Transition Proposal on Naming Related Functions : https://community.icann.org/x/37fhAg
  Adebunmi Akinbo (.ng ccTLD, DNS Africa):@Gisella - all good. Thanks.
  Barrack Otieno:It would be nice to hear from the respective representatives a brief presentation on what we have achieved so far and the next steps
  Silvia Vivanco:t-Large Ad-hoc WG on the Transition of US Government Stewardship of the IANA Function Meetings and Events: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Ad-hoc+WG+on+the+Transition+of+US+Government+Stewardship+of+the+IANA+Function+Meetings+and+Events
  Yaovi Atohoun:I am on the EN  Channel.  Please who is speaking now?
  Seun Ojedeji:@Barrack i think Tijani is trying to do the recap however i guess we can fill in accordingly
  Silvia Vivanco:At-Large Ad-hoc WG on the Transition of US Government Stewardship of the IANA Function : https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Ad-hoc+WG+on+the+Transition+of+US+Government+Stewardship+of+the+IANA+Function
  Seun Ojedeji:Tijani is speaking @Yaovi
  Yaovi Atohoun:@Seun:  Thanks
  Fatimata:Barrack, we are looking for specific questions that will trigger a short presentation
  Gisella Gruber:Reminder - please state your names when speaking
  Fatimata:by one of the presenters
  Fatimata:Tijani is providing the explanations
  Jari Arkko:I am here to talk about IETF topics, if there are any questions on that.
  Yaovi Atohoun:Question: Would like to know about the work done by the At-Large Ad-hoc WG.  To which group the result was sent?
  Barrack Otieno:Question: at what point will the outputs of the different working groups be synchronized or will this be presented as separate reports to the NTIA?
  Fatimata:A candid question for the 3 functions:  What are the challenges linked to each of them?
  Mary Uduma:The audio is not very clear sometimes
  Adebunmi Akinbo (.ng ccTLD, DNS Africa):Am participating in CCWG.
  Adebunmi Akinbo (.ng ccTLD, DNS Africa):I will support if it arise...
  Gisella Gruber:@ mary - do you have another number?
  Gisella Gruber:PLEASE state your names when speaking
  Mary Uduma:It is better now
  Jari Arkko:Barrack - there are two phases for synchronization - first during proposal development (ongoing now). A second during the ICG's composition of the overall plan from the parts. ? We need to deliver one proposal to the NTIA.
  Seun Ojedeji:okay i wanted to address Yaovi's question but its fine if Tijani also takes it
  Seun Ojedeji:i think Barrack's question is more to the ICG (mary or mohamed)
  Yaovi Atohoun:If I understand Tijani the input from the At Large Ad hoc WG is sent to CWG??
  Barrack Otieno:Interesting Jari , many thanks for your response any challenges so far in Synchronising?
  Barrack Otieno:It would be great to hear from Mary or Mohamed, i am listening
  Mary Uduma:What is your question Barrack?
  Barrack Otieno:I had asked about Synchronization of the various groups outputs, Jari has responded
  Barrack Otieno:that there is an ongoing process
  Seun Ojedeji:Hi Yaovi, no At Large Ad hocWG is involved in all the 3 communities and we contribute directly to the 3 community processes (more on the names - CWG)
  Jari Arkko:Barrack - i think one practical challenge has been that people think too much need to be synchronized. the different functions work in different ways. port number allocation is different from tld allocation which is different from cctld issues. so the answer is trying to focus on the real sync issues where we actually must have a coordinated answer. for? instance, there are some special addresses that IETF allocates whereas most addresses are allocated by RIRs. we must be clear who is responsible for what. and I think we are, but that's one example of where sync is necessary :-)
  Barrack Otieno:thanks Jari
  Barrack Otieno:very interesting
  Barrack Otieno:thanks Mohamed
  Adebunmi Akinbo (.ng ccTLD, DNS Africa):In a nutshell, nothing is synchorinsed if its not related to the issue. ICG work is a little different from the CCWG.
  Mary Uduma:Thanks Jari.  Well said.
  Otunte Otueneh:Gisella please call me on the English Channel
  Seun Ojedeji:@Yaovi here is the url to the WG page for more information: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Ad-hoc+WG+on+the+Transition+of+US+Government+Stewardship+of+the+IANA+Function
  Adebunmi Akinbo (.ng ccTLD, DNS Africa):CCWG will only address issuses that ICG is not defined on in areas that may concern acctountabilty more than technicality.
  Yaovi Atohoun:Were some  ALSes  able to do  some information activities at the local level even to their members?
  Adebunmi Akinbo (.ng ccTLD, DNS Africa):@Barrack - an directing it to you.
  Barrack Otieno:Mary/Kivuva /Seun question to you, is there consensus on the need for a separate body to carry out the NTIA function or do the proposals lean towards maitaining the status quo?
  Barrack Otieno:thanks Akinbo
  Barrack Otieno:a bit confusing though
  Adebunmi Akinbo (.ng ccTLD, DNS Africa):I believe that once the ICG seats, the final document would be sent to the community before any final presentation.
  Gisella Gruber:@ Mary - dialling you back
  Seun Ojedeji:Good question @Barrack i will say that the response to that question differs by communities. For the numbers and protocols is somewhat no major change. However its something not yet clear on the names side
  Otunte Otueneh:Gisella please me also
  Adebunmi Akinbo (.ng ccTLD, DNS Africa):@Barrack: IETF + CWG + CRISP are addressing core technocal issues that may be related to policies.
  Gisella Gruber:@ Otunte - will call you again
  Adebunmi Akinbo (.ng ccTLD, DNS Africa):CCWG is looking at the relationship with ICANN Policies and the Public Intrest value as it relates Accountability.
  Adebunmi Akinbo (.ng ccTLD, DNS Africa):So, we are all working on different parts that may interconnect at some point ....not fully.
  Etienne TSHISHIMBI:on entend mieux bien
  Gisella Gruber:@ Otunte - please send me your number via private chat
  Seun Ojedeji:https://www.icann.org/public-comments/cwg-naming-transition-2014-12-01-en
  Seun Ojedeji:https://community.icann.org/display/gnsocwgdtstwrdshp/CWG+to+Develop+an+IANA+Stewardship+Transition+Proposal+on+Naming+Related+Functions
  Barrack Otieno:thank you Seun
  Adebunmi Akinbo (.ng ccTLD, DNS Africa):Question..
  Seun Ojedeji:can i be redialed please
  Seun Ojedeji:i just lost audio
  Gisella Gruber:Adiel has joined the call - s'est joint a nous!
  Gisella Gruber:@ Seun -will do now
  Barrack Otieno:great , welcome Adiel
  Barrack Otieno:yes we can Mwendwa
  Adebunmi Akinbo (.ng ccTLD, DNS Africa):Loud and clear...
  Seun Ojedeji:okay i am back
  Seun Ojedeji:@Fatimata sorry i missed your question as i lost audio, could you type it here?
  Adebunmi Akinbo (.ng ccTLD, DNS Africa):Can those in the English Channel mute thier mobile phones until recognised to reduce the background noise.
  Seun Ojedeji:and any other question can still be typed here and i can respond via this window
  Etienne TSHISHIMBI:chez moi le son est vraiment haché
  Etienne TSHISHIMBI:j'espère que c'est ma ligne et que sur l'enregistrement j'entendrais mieux
  Adebunmi Akinbo (.ng ccTLD, DNS Africa):@Seun: Kapish!
  Fatimata:@Seun, I am resending my question herer : Fatimata: A candid question for the 3 functions:  What are the challenges linked to each of them?
  Gisella Gruber:@ Etienne - on entend bien sur l'Adobe donc l'enregistrement sera audible
  Etienne TSHISHIMBI:ok
  Etienne TSHISHIMBI:Merci
  Etienne TSHISHIMBI:ah oui oui la qualité est meilleure
  Etienne TSHISHIMBI:@Gisella merci
  Fatimata:Please call me back
  Gisella Gruber:@ Fatimata - en cours
  Fatimata:Merci Gisella
  Seun Ojedeji:i can't hear Akinbo
  Gisella Gruber:Adebunmi is unmuted
  Fatimata:I am back
  Silvia Vivanco:Reminder, please say your name when you would like to speak
  Silvia Vivanco:If you are on AC room raise your  hand
  Mary Uduma:No audio
  Gisella Gruber:@ Mary - dialling you back
  Mary Uduma:Audio back
  Adebunmi Akinbo (.ng ccTLD, DNS Africa):Apologies. Am muted on the call out. Just stepped away.
  Seun Ojedeji:loud and clear mary
  Adebunmi Akinbo (.ng ccTLD, DNS Africa):Very Correct on the attitude of African ccTLD
  Adebunmi Akinbo (.ng ccTLD, DNS Africa):CCWG raised the same issue and suggested new contract; debatable.
  Fatimata:@Mary,  delegation, redelegation, stewardship, very big challenge for African governments
  Fatimata:thanks Mary
  Seun Ojedeji:https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/cwg-naming-transition-01dec14-en.pdf
  Fatimata:thanks Seun
  Janvier Ngnoulaye:It's true that they (African governments) are facing lot of challenges in such that Governance of Internet is not now their priority, but we must push them to be involved into this process of Stewardship Transition of IANA.
  Adebunmi Akinbo (.ng ccTLD, DNS Africa):@Janvier: How do you push a tired ant to work?
  Adebunmi Akinbo (.ng ccTLD, DNS Africa):Its easy and it works with perception.
  Adebunmi Akinbo (.ng ccTLD, DNS Africa):Allo the movement to keep moving and you will see a follow bacl process.
  Mary Uduma:Lost  connection on  phone
  Janvier Ngnoulaye:@Adebunmi: Make proposals on behalf them and move forward
  Gisella Gruber:@ Mary - we are calling you
  Gisella Gruber:Mary is back
  Adebunmi Akinbo (.ng ccTLD, DNS Africa):@Janvier: Simple and correct.
  Fatimata:Very clear answer Jari.  Thanks
  Mary Uduma:I am back
  Adebunmi Akinbo (.ng ccTLD, DNS Africa):you can not keep waiting for them. Time will tell and the other states can support at that time.
  Adebunmi Akinbo (.ng ccTLD, DNS Africa):1. corporation vs community = membership
  Adebunmi Akinbo (.ng ccTLD, DNS Africa):2. defining public intrest
  Adebunmi Akinbo (.ng ccTLD, DNS Africa):3. Addressing future issess on check and balance.
  Adebunmi Akinbo (.ng ccTLD, DNS Africa):Looking beyond IANA Transition.....
  Fatimata:Well done Tijani! Thanks
  Janvier Ngnoulaye:Thanks Tijani
  Adebunmi Akinbo (.ng ccTLD, DNS Africa):Can i respond to Mary''s question
  Barrack Otieno:Thanks Tijani
  Yaovi Atohoun:Save the date: January 13 at 14:00 UTC for another webinar on the same topics  organized by the ICANN Africa staff .  More info will be sent out tomorrow
  Adebunmi Akinbo (.ng ccTLD, DNS Africa):@Yahovi: Thanks.
  Barrack Otieno:thanks Yaovi
  Fatimata:I have to move
  Seun Ojedeji:13th is a good time...hopefully CWG will have a clear bearing by then
  Beran Gillen:That will be a great follow up @Yaovi
  Adebunmi Akinbo (.ng ccTLD, DNS Africa):They are not fully linked.
  Adebunmi Akinbo (.ng ccTLD, DNS Africa):That is what IANA does as one and sepratly . .  
  Jari Arkko:quick answer on the question of why the three functions were not put in the same WG. they truly are somewhat different. look at how you allocate a port number vs. allocate a TLD, for instanc?e. There are some touch points where sync is needed, but the three need not be done in exactly the same way. And they are not, even today. And even today, USG oversight on names is different from, say, protocol numbes. So... I think we are doing exactly the right thing now, and the ICG will ensure that the necessary sync points are there.
  Adebunmi Akinbo (.ng ccTLD, DNS Africa):+1 Jari
  Gisella Gruber:Please say your names
  Janvier Ngnoulaye:++1 @ Jari
  Mary Uduma:+1 Jari. Thnks for the further clarifications
  Fatimata:Merci beaucoup a tout le monde
  Heidi Ullrich:Thanks everyone! Great discussion!
  Seun Ojedeji:thanks all
  Silvia Vivanco:Thank you all for your participation to this Webinar!
  Seun Ojedeji:bye
  Adebunmi Akinbo (.ng ccTLD, DNS Africa):Doodle would not work. Stand with a date to meet deadlines...
  Janvier Ngnoulaye:Thank you too, Merci beaucoup aussi.
  Barrack Otieno:thank you all, very usefull call
  Silvia Vivanco:Thanks to all the Speakers for excellent presentations
  Barrack Otieno:many thanks to our presenters
  Adebunmi Akinbo (.ng ccTLD, DNS Africa):Thank you ALL.
  Yaovi Atohoun:thank you all
  Gisella Gruber:AFRALO Monthly Meeting tomorrow at 1830 UTC
  Janvier Ngnoulaye:Merci et à demain
  Mary Uduma:Thanks all , very useful session  and bye
  Seun Ojedeji:bye
  Beran Gillen:thank you bye
  Barrack Otieno:bye
  Gisella Gruber:https://community.icann.org/x/GoMQAw
  Fatimata:Bye
  Gisella Gruber:Thank you everyone! Merci a tous

• No labels