Gisella Gruber-White:Welcome to the BMSPC Cross RALO call on Friday 7 February 2014 at 1700 UTC
  Gisella Gruber-White:Agenda: https://community.icann.org/x/_wLRAg
  baudouin schombe:hello I am
  baudouin schombe:hello good evening to all , Gisella and Heidi
  Gisella Gruber-White:Bonsoir Baudouin!
  baudouin schombe:bonsoir Gisella
  baudouin schombe:je vais suivre pas adobe connect
  Fatimata Seye Sylla:bonjour tout le monde
  Fatimata Seye Sylla:hello All.  Thanks Gisella
  Heidi Ullrich:Welcome/Bonsoir!
  Siranush Vardanyan:hi all
  Jordi Iparraguirre:hi everyone
  Siranush Vardanyan:conratulations to all with the opening of Sochi 14 Olympic Games :) watching the opening ceremony live:)
  Rudi Vansnick:i will call in in a few moments
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Hello everyone
  Fatima Cambronero:hello everyone
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:hi
  Gisella Gruber-White:@ Wolf - would you like a dial-out?
  Wolf Ludwig:@Gisella: Yes, please!
  Wolf Ludwig:And me?
  Silvia Vivanco:Hello all
  Wolf Ludwig:Thanks!
  Gisella Gruber-White:@ Wolf - on our way!
  Oksana Prykhodko:Hi everyone
  Peter Knight:Good to join you.  I have yet to fill out an SOI for the North American NOMCOM- selected slot. on ALAC, which I will do after this session.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:excelent:-)
  Peter Knight:I am participating via Adobe connect and chat.
  Gisella Gruber-White:Carlos Aguirre hasjoined the call
  Darlene Thompson:Hi Peter!
  Heidi Ullrich:See: http://atlarge.icann.org/
  Peter Knight:@Darlene - Greetings from Rio!
  Gisella Gruber-White:Please remember to mute your speakers if you have background noise
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:See https://community.icann.org/display/ABMS/At-Large+Board+Member+2014+Selection for this table
  Gisella Gruber-White:Sivasubramanian has joined the call
  Peter Knight:All, this is only for the Board, correct? ALAC later?
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:These are the candidates for Seat #15 of the ICANN Board
  Heidi Ullrich:@Peter, this is only for the Board Seat #15.
  Gisella Gruber-White:Carlton Samuels has joined the AC room
  Carlton Samuels:Howdy all.
  Carlton Samuels:My Dear Gisella, special howdy do
  Carlton Samuels:Is Tijani still sepaking
  Carlton Samuels:I'm hearing nothing now!
  Wolf Ludwig:Why candidates and electorate only?
  Gisella Gruber-White:@ Carlton - would you like a dial-out?
  Gisella Gruber-White:Olivier now speaking
  Sivasubramanian M:Thanks Gisella
  Carlton Samuels:@Gisella: No my dear. I started again and now I'm hearing
  Gisella Gruber-White:@ Carlton - great ... welcome!
  carlos dionisio aguirre:yes, ralos can add a candidate who presented EoI originally
  Heidi Ullrich:Scrolling should be able now
  Rudi Vansnick:neither can we Olivier
  carlos dionisio aguirre:addition can be supported at least by 3 ralos
  Rudi Vansnick:have all candidates having sent their EOI late been informed about the fact they can not get into the list anymore ?
  carlos dionisio aguirre:all of 7 candidates sent EoI . 4 are in the slate now, 3 can be added if 3 ralos support the addition
  Sivasubramanian M:Have a problem magnifying page 2. How many in total including recent/proposed additions as on date?
  Siranush Vardanyan:The same process was done in APRALO, and the deadline to get additional names was today, Feb 7, and no suestions had been received so far, though we will wait until Feb 11, and if any new names will come out of submitted EoIs candidates, then I will inform
  Fatimata Seye Sylla:@Carlos, Only one more can be added if supported by 3 Ralos at least
  Rudi Vansnick:recall my question : have all candidates having sent their EOI late been informed about the fact they can not get into the list anymore ?
  Fatima Cambronero:@Carlos, 5 candidates are in the slate now, right?
  carlos dionisio aguirre:@fatima yes, 5, thanks
  Fatima Cambronero:ok, thanks @Carlos
  Wolf Ludwig:IMO this is clear -- IF you usually miss a fixed tieme line, your are OUT ...
  Sivasubramanian M:What is the process by which no of candidates would be reduced to 3? Selection? Elections? Consensus building involving candidates?
  Rudi Vansnick:thanks Tijani
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:yup
  Gisella Gruber-White:christopher Wilkinson has joined the AC
  Carlton Samuels:Question:  How mmany EOIs were received that came AFTER the deadline?
  Siranush Vardanyan:being a member of BCEC, I don't remember that we get any received late
  Rudi Vansnick:it is just a question of keeping track of correct procedures and avoid discussions later on
  Heidi Ullrich:will do, Tijani. However, as noted, I don't recall any EOIs being received after the deadline.
  Rudi Vansnick:thanks Heidi
  carlos dionisio aguirre:every EoI was received by BCEC on time
  Heidi Ullrich:Thanks, Carlos!
  Carlton Samuels:@OCL:As many as receive the support of 3 RALOS!
  Wolf Ludwig:As the other candidates are not known to our community, why the should consider or add them?
  Carlton Samuels:So long as the additional candidate make the mark of support from RALOs
  Rudi Vansnick:Tijani : you're not old ! ;-)
  Heidi Ullrich:Wise is the term!
  carlos dionisio aguirre:@carlton, u have the point
  Fatima Cambronero:how is the process to get the support of this 3 RALOs to add one of this candidates?
  Wolf Ludwig:Last time, NO additional candidate could make it (by receiving sufficient support from 33 RALOs)!
  Carlton Samuels:@Tijani: The RALO additions to the slate was actually devised to correct any seemingly regional bias of candidates!
  Wolf Ludwig:Sorry *3* (not 33)!
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:*7 to unmute
  Sivasubramanian M:have a microphone problem
  Sivasubramanian M:please move on
  Carlton Samuels:Note the use of the word "seemingly'!
  Sivasubramanian M:I will write my q
  Carlton Samuels:@Tijani: The primary objective is taken.  I was there. The reason for 3 out of 5 RALOs supporting can only be logically explained in the way I understand it.
  Sivasubramanian M:Question: Did Tijani earlier talk about reducing the number of candidates to 3 in the first round?
  carlos dionisio aguirre: i think number of candidates to add the slate depend if 3 ralos support or not his candidadcy.
  Wolf Ludwig:We tried it last time at EURALO but didn't find enough support from other RALOs ...
  Fatima Cambronero:yes, Thanks
  Siranush Vardanyan:the number of selected candidates from BCEC should be not less than 3 and not more than 5
  Siranush Vardanyan:an answer to Siva
  Carlton Samuels:We were concerned that "regionality" might be a primary consideration fro some. So if we had a RALO-nominated candidate, we intended to ensure broad appeal. Hence the requirement for at least 2 other supporting RALOs
  Peter Knight:In the end, will only one person be slected to the board?
  Wolf Ludwig:@Carlton there was no such a thing as "RALO-nominated candidate" here! ;-)
  Darlene Thompson:+1 Well said
  carlos dionisio aguirre:the problem of regional balance is a situation, maximum when ralos noticed the slate after BCEC selected the first c adidates
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:where not when
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:or how
  Christopher Wilkinson:Yes, we need the best, but the composition of the current Board is not balanced either regionally or gender-wise. So, are we staying that the At Large nomination does not take account of balance in the Board? CW
  Sivasubramanian M:Q: If there are more than 3 candidates AFTER the BCEC selection, is there any provision to try and build consensus involving the candidates to try and find an agreement, at least to reduce the number of candidates to no more than 3?  
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:no Siva it goes to first round of vote
  Sivasubramanian M:Thanks Cheryl.
  Heidi Ullrich:Apologies for the poor audio from Carlton. He is on the AC only.
  Wolf Ludwig:The voice transmission is lousy -- can't understand much what Carlton is saying ...
  Carlton Samuels:@Tijani: I was clarifying the rationale for allowing the RALO to add a candidate
  Peter Knight:For future reference, what password does one use to enter? I have several ICANN pw for various parts of the website.
  Peter Knight:I had to enter here as a guest. I tried using NORALO pw.
  Heidi Ullrich:@Peter, enter what?
  Heidi Ullrich:the AC room?
  Peter Knight:The AC room
  baudouin schombe:something with microphone?
  Gisella Gruber-White:Natalia Enciso has joined the AC
  Wolf Ludwig:We all enter as guests, Peter :-)
  Heidi Ullrich:You can enter as a guest
  Carlton Samuels:@Peter: Always enter AC as guest unless you're a presenter.  No pswd required
  Natalia Enciso:sorry for being late, very busy day at the office.
  Peter Knight:That is if I wanted to speak, not the case at moment, entering as a Guest would make this impossibe? Are PW only for members of the committee?
  Wolf Ludwig:... becuase we are only guests on earth as well :-)
  Carlton Samuels:Fort he various wikis wait until you get the monthly verification email from the At-Large Listserv
  Peter Knight:OK, understood! @Ludwig, ;-)
  Fatimata Seye Sylla:lool
  Carlton Samuels:.....note the various pswds and change them if you need to...
  Rudi Vansnick:meeting adjourned ?
  Carlton Samuels:Thanks you Tijani. Thanks all
  Siranush Vardanyan:Thank you, Tijani and bye all
  Peter Knight:Bye all!
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:thanks bye
  Rudi Vansnick:thanks and greetings to all
  baudouin schombe:ok bye
  Dick Kalkman (isoc.nl):Thank you all. Have a nice weekend.
  Gordon Chillcott:Thank you,Tijani.
  carlos dionisio aguirre:bye
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Thanks everyone - take care all
  Fatima Cambronero:thanks Tijani and everyone, bye
  Oksana Prykhodko:thsank you bye
  Sivasubramanian M:bye all
  Fatimata Seye Sylla:thank you
  Fatimata Seye Sylla:bye
  Wolf Ludwig:Thanks Tijani and all -- bye -- have a nice weekend!
  Fatimata Seye Sylla:thanks Wolf.  Bon WE

• No labels

For comments, suggestions, or technical support, please email: program-admin@atlarge.icann.org
© 2016 Internet Corporation For Assigned Names and Numbers