

GISELLA GRUBER:

Good morning, good afternoon, and good evening everyone. Welcome to the ALAC Finance and Budget Subcommittee call on Monday, the 29th of January at 17:00 UTC.

On today's call, we have Alan Greenberg, Tijani Ben Jemaa, Ali AlMeshal, Maureen Hilyard, Olivier Crepin-LeBlond, Ricardo Holmquist, Eduardo Diaz, Cheryl Langon-Orr, Glenn McKnight, Leon Sanchez, Sebastien Bachollet, Kaili Khan, Alfredo Lopez.

On the Spanish channel, we have Alberto Soto.

On the French channel, we have Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong.

Apologies noted from Bastiaan Goslings and Wale Bakare.

From staff, we have Heidi Ullrich, Silvia Vivanco; and myself, Gisella Gruber.

Our Spanish interpreters this evening are Claudia and Marina. On French, we have Claire and Camila.

If I can please remind you all to state your names when speaking not only for transcript purposes, but to allow our interpreters to identify you on the other language channels, as well as speaking at a reasonable speed to allow for accurate interpretation.

Thank you very much, and over to you, Alan.

Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

ALAN GREENBERG: Thank you. I'm going to turn it over to Heidi even though she does not have a computer and is not on Adobe Connect. I have a question first, though. In the Wiki page that lists all of the requests, some of the request names are hyperlinked to the Word doc and some are just hyperlinked back to the same page.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes. I have noticed that, and I as much as possible, I have corrected that and they do now link to the actual document. I've been working – yeah, most of them should. Let me know if they're still not working, but the last few hours I've been going down and adding the correct link.

ALAN GREENBERG: The ALT Strategy Session #2 does not at this point.

HEIDI ULLRICH: That's odd because I was just doing that. That's odd. Okay.

ALAN GREENBERG: Well, maybe it didn't get saved before your computer decided to give up the [ghost]. Anyway, I'll turn it over to you first, or now.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. We've had a few additional requests come in. Again, you'll recall that last week there were a few decisions made to send back to the various requestors. For the most part, I did not receive any update. That's with the exception of NARALO and EURALO – sorry, AFRALO. But,

for the most part, the other ones, I did not see or they were not sent. So, perhaps we can go into some detail as we go through that.

So, for ALAC, let's start. We now have a total of five. Let me just go through them. They are, again, RALO discretionary funding. What I did, given what I perceived to be [inaudible] in Fiscal Year 19 based on the draft budget that I've seen and other aspects that the RALO discretionary funding goes up to \$4,000 per RALO for a total of \$20,000. Any comments there, Alan, or anyone?

ALAN GREENBERG: A check mark from Cheryl. Other than that, no comments.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. So, that is a decision to move ahead with that particular request?

ALAN GREENBERG: I think so. We should give a brief outline of what happens after this meeting. The standard practice is once this group decides to go ahead with things, obviously the author – if anything comes out of this meeting, the author may choose to update the document to some extent, which obviously would have to be done very quickly. Then, Heidi and I tend to do a final pass doing wordsmithing or cleaning up any other problems that come up in the last review and making sure that all of the items fit well together. That's something we've already done to some extent, but we'll do once more as we go forward. Back to you. We have a hand from Eduardo.

EDUARDO DIAZ: I'm sorry, Heidi, but can you repeat what we were talking about? I wasn't [inaudible].

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes. Thank you, Eduardo. This is the request that we've had [inaudible] a couple of years now. This current year, Silvia and I are handling that with the RALO leadership and that is for discretionary funding for the RALOs up to \$2000. This request is the same, but is doubling the request – the amount – available per RALO. So, from \$2000 to \$4000 per RALO. So, the overall request is for \$20,000. That would be for such activities as local outreach events, covering local travel, materials that you might need, etc.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay, never mind. I saw that. I read it before it said \$2000. That changed. Thank you.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. Should I move on.

ALAN GREENBERG: Hand from Sebastien. Please go ahead, Sebastien.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Sebastien, we're not hearing you. Gisella, is there an issue with Sebastien's mic.

GISELLA GRUBER: Sebastien is only on the Adobe Connect, so I'm not sure if he has his mic activated, but he's not on the phone bridge. Sebastien is currently typing. We'll call him.

ALAN GREENBERG: And Alberto.

ALBERTO SOTO: I have two concerns. I do understand the increase as I'm not the representative, but a participant. I don't know which is the reason for that increase. The second concern is that I have submitted a proposal and Heidi asked me for clarification. I have submitted to the LACRALO leadership and apparently nobody got it. Thank you.

ALAN GREENBERG: Alberto, was this clarification with this item or a later one?

ALBERTO SOTO: The clarification about the increase for the amount from \$2000 to \$4000, I wanted to know when it was approved. The second concern is what Heidi said, that she got no update from the request. I don't know because I sent my updates in due time. Apparently, nobody received them. Thanks.

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay, thank you. Alberto, the approval of the \$2000 to \$4000 is what we're doing right now. We have already discussed it once and we're doing it now for the last time. In terms of the updates you sent in for another request, when we get to that request, please identify what the changes are. Thank you. Heidi, back to you.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Thank you, and thank you, Alberto, for the question. The reason that I believe that this should be increased is, again, if you have read the details and listened to the call in the Fiscal Year 19 budget, you'll see that the CROP is likely to not be there next year. This is, again, to allow local travel at a minimum to the RALOs. Thank you.

ALAN GREENBERG: Alright. Unless there's any other comments, please go ahead to the next one.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. Did you want to take a look at the comments for this? Sebastien has his hand raised.

ALAN GREENBERG: Yes. Please go ahead, Sebastien.

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Thank you. Sorry. Maybe you have already discussed that last time, but what is the framework or all that's requested? Because from my historical knowledge, all that was supposed to be something was not in the budget, but needs to be spent during the three first months of the fiscal year. And here we are asking for money again and again for something that must be inside the ICANN budget. Eventually, we can ask for double and for the first year this amount will be asked for, but if it's already accepted for more than one year, it must be inside the budget. Therefore, we are asking – or ICANN staff is asking – [inaudible] from us is not needed. Sorry about that, but I don't really understand why we are having all those hard work [it must be including] in the current budget without having us to do any work on that. Thank you.

ALAN GREENBERG: Thank you. Heidi, can you please be clear? The \$2000, the amount it was before, is that now definitively identified as in the core budget?

HEIDI ULLRICH: That is not my understanding. No. it is an additional budget request. I can go back and double check.

ALAN GREENBERG: They did not respond and say it was core?

HEIDI ULLRICH: As far as I know, that is an additional budget request.

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay. I would suggest that if it does say it's in core, if we're mistaken, that this be clearly identified as an increase, and if it is not in core, then it's just a new amount or we might want to make reference to it as being funded before at a lower level. But, because of usage and activities, we think this is warranted. With that, let's go to the next one, please.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. So, the decision of the FBSC accepts as is. Is that right?

ALAN GREENBERG: Subject to what I just said, yes.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. So, the next one is for the ALT strategy session. This would be, again, it's the Friday ALT at each of the ICANN meetings in Fiscal Year 19.

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay. That one they did say is in core, so why are we submitting again? Although you had some concern it might only have been funded for two of the three meetings.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Correct. Again, I did double check and that is the response that I received. It was approved for \$2000 and that it's useful to include as an ABR. I will double check, I will triple check. But, again, that's what I'm hearing.

ALAN GREENBERG: Have we found out why it was not approved for the three meetings?

HEIDI ULLRICH: I would imagine that it might be to do with funding.

ALAN GREENBERG: I thought it was approved and you had just found out privately that it wasn't funded [inaudible].

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah. So, for Fiscal Year 18, we're sorting that out. But, Fiscal Year 19, I would suggest that was put into [three].

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay. I already thought we did, but okay, we'll leave it in as necessary. The meetings we've been holding for several years at an ad hoc basis and this was an attempt to make it standard, but maybe we didn't quite succeed. We have two items, Ali and Eduardo. There are two speakers, rather.

ALI ALMESHAL: Thanks, Alan. Actually, just back to the [inaudible] budget because I heard that, in the chat, Heidi saying [inaudible] not being available to this new budget, 2018-2019. I need just to clarify that, please.

ALAN GREENBERG: I thought community onboarding is not available, that CROP is. Am I mistaken, Heidi?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Olivier has gone through the Fiscal Year 19 budget and he says that there's not reference to that. I'm hearing that it is. I will, again, double check and see the disparity and I will get back to you on that.

ALAN GREENBERG: I have a real problem, I'll simply say. If something is part of a standard budget and CROP was [inaudible], the pilot program was taken off. If it's being done away with, I would've thought that warranted an explicit comment as opposed to anything else. So, I do have some concern if that is the case.

Eduardo, please?

EDUARDO DIAZ: Two comments. One is around the first paragraph. There is a [inaudible]. I would take that out. [inaudible]. And the other comment I have seen there is no funding dollars [inaudible] and other ones. Is there a reason for that? I thought [inaudible] budget.

ALAN GREENBERG: Eduardo, which funding request are you on?

EDUARDO DIAZ: The first one. ALAC leadership strategic decision, the one that we're discussing now.

ALAN GREENBERG: Thank you. The previous comment – [inaudible] to the previous one. That's why I was verifying. In general, we are not asked to put dollar numbers on these. We are asked to define the terms and staff estimates dollar numbers for us.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Alright. I suggest we take that word out.

ALAN GREENBERG: Can you be specific? This paragraph in the full request or in the summary?

EDUARDO DIAZ: In the full request, in the description. It's paragraph four where it says our [experience] is that in the absence of such a meeting ... It says [inaudible] rare. I would take that out.

ALAN GREENBERG: Understood. We'll take that under advisement.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you.

ALAN GREENBERG: We may want to take out [the relax] altogether.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. So, submit on this one ... I didn't hear that last part. I'm sorry.

ALAN GREENBERG: He's making reference to in the summary and perhaps in the document itself in the third paragraph, the third major paragraph. People take one to two weeks to [relax] or catch up on their real lives. He's suggesting we omit the [relax].

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah. That's probably a good idea. Okay, move on to the next?

ALAN GREENBERG: Please.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. The next one is for the IGF 2018. Thank you, Glenn, this is a revised version with more details. This one is actually for two ALAC

members and two RALO representatives for travel for that. This one also [inaudible] is on the call, I believe. Yeah. Glenn, I did see that you – [inaudible] did not save. I do see that you added in the appendix a number of people and a number of workshops. Is that the topics that you're suggesting for this year?

ALAN GREENBERG: Glenn, are you on? Eduardo has his hand up, please.

GISELLA GRUBER: He's not on the—

ALAN GREENBERG: Please go ahead, Eduardo. Glenn says he's suggesting these topics.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. Finish and I will give my comments. Thank you.

ALAN GREENBERG: Glenn said he's suggesting these topics. Given that we don't know what the MAG will decide is the overall theme. These are topics which will be considered. Tijani has his hand up.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Yes, Alan. I have a little bit of concern about the topics suggested here. We may have a rejection of the proposal because, for example, building IT capacity in emerging markets cannot be in the mission of ICANN. For

example, this is one of the examples. We must be very careful about that. Because of the [inaudible] problem, they will try to reject anything which is not in the mission of ICANN. We have to be careful in the proposed topics that have exactly in the mission of ICANN. Thank you.

ALAN GREENBERG:

I would tend to support that statement and the ones that clearly are, in my mind, outside of the mission are connecting [inaudible], building IT capacity, and perhaps the promises and pitfalls of a connected world – that one, because of security issues, may well be within the mandate.

Eduardo, please go ahead.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Yes. I was going to recommend here for this one that [inaudible] here was very effective, that [inaudible] participating in the IGF is very effective, that if you can put the links to specific to reports that will support that statement, they will make this better [inaudible] because it will be supported with real data. Thank you.

ALAN GREENBERG:

If we had such links, I would agree. I'm not sure we do. Sebastien, please go ahead.

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET:

Yes. Thank you, Alan. Two points. The first one may be the name of Tijani [inaudible] rightly. The second, I will be happy if at least all the At-Large ALAC members who participate to the last IGF were listed here. I

don't see why some are picked and not others. I am very unhappy not to be listed to be [inaudible]. Thank you.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Alan, if I can respond to that one.

ALAN GREENBERG: Please.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Again, this was a PDF that I just received. Well, I just opened it. So, I wasn't able to put all of the information into that space. If you take a look at that PDF itself that I hope is linked to that now, you'll see that there are links to people who were there, etc. I think that is a really strong report, and again, Alan, I can take a look at it.

I'm sure that there are links to all the reports. Staff has now [inaudible] the full space for all the reports that we've seen or have been added to show the strengths of the activities this past year.

ALAN GREENBERG: Heidi, you said this is a PDF. I hope we have Word documents for everything. We don't want to be struggling on the last day with just PDFs.

HEIDI ULLRICH: So, the Word documents, there were some format issues. Alan, maybe you can open it. When I opened it, the format is completely off. I'll forward you the Word version [inaudible].

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, so we'll submit that one with some changes. Is that what I'm hearing?

ALAN GREENBERG: I think so. For the record, Sebastien, they left out my name as well.

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Yes, Alan. I just saw that. We are in good shape. Okay, thank you very much. I think it will be better if they add both [inaudible].

ALAN GREENBERG: We're not important people.

HEIDI ULLRICH: I think, again, there is a very long request. I've just been able to put sections of it in. I'm sure that your activity is very important.

The next one is the global indigenous program. They're asking ...

ALAN GREENBERG: Heidi, before we continue, I would suggest that we identify At-Large resources within the community and not all of them. If we start including people from other parts of ICANN, we're never going to have the right list. So, I would suggest we just use At-Large people.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. The next one is for the Global Indigenous Peoples Ambassador Program in support of fellowship. This is the expanded version from this past year. This will be its third year. What they're asking for are four indigenous fellows and two indigenous mentors [inaudible]. But, then it says [at to] Fiscal Year 2019 [inaudible] and then the numbers say two times three equals six. So, the math is not right and I'm not sure if they're saying per conference or for two meetings, etc. But, what they are looking for, interestingly, is that they're going to be adding a little bit more of an education and training aspect this time and including establishing ... The end aim is establishing an Indigenous Working Group. They're going to incorporate the activities more into the fellowship, and also that the alumni will host a webinar or presentation for the RALOs, raising awareness for indigenous Internet issues.

Alan?

ALAN GREENBERG: We have Eduardo.

EDUARDO DIAZ: I'm sorry, I have another comment here in the fifth paragraph where it says our last fellowship to ICANN 61. It says we would love to be able to add additional ambassadors. I would take the word love and put want. [inaudible] for this type of document. It's just a comment. Thank you.

ALAN GREENBERG: Thank you, Eduardo. I presume Heidi is taking notes on these.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Replace love with want, okay. The next one is a new one. On the last call, the last [inaudible] call ... Is there a comment from [inaudible]?

ALAN GREENBERG: We have Sebastien's hand up and I heard someone else. Go ahead, Sebastien.

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Just to say that I helped you remember that we have indigenous from the [inaudible] member of ALAC, therefore I think it would be a better way to go than to do all that. But, that's my [inaudible]. Thank you.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. Alan, should I continue?

ALAN GREENBERG: Yes, I think so.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Okay. So, then, we have one that is a new one. This was what was requested or decided for the FBSC last week and that is to consolidate the various RALO requests we're asking for outreach materials or communication support – for example, translation, production of a pop-up, and some brochures, etc. This consolidated all of them into a request that is asking for approximately \$10,000 to \$15,000 and includes such activities, but not limited to, production, translation, and print of ALAC and RALO brochures, two to three infographics on end user issues, an AFRALO short awareness video and [inaudible] various languages, secondary pop-ups for all RALOs that do not already have them, lapels, buttons, etc.

The reason for that, again, was because the budget for the bucket in [ABR] is for communication support will also not be included [inaudible] Fiscal Year 19. So, this request is a way to make up for that.

ALAN GREENBERG:

Two things, Heidi. Number one, we should list these as examples, but not limited to. And number two, if we are doing this presuming the communications budget is not there, is that very clear in the draft budget? Which I haven't looked at yet.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Okay. I have not looked at it in detail, either. But again, this is the information that I have received.

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay. Then, we should say this request is based on the presumption that the existing budget within communications that has been used by the RALOs will no longer be available.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, thank you.

ALAN GREENBERG: Sebastien, is that a new hand?

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Yes, please. Thank you, Alan. I am sorry. I have trouble to understand here. If it was in the budget, if it's not anymore in the budget, there is a reason and we need to argue again this change in the budget, but not asking for dollars in this additional budget request timeline. [inaudible] request. If it's not, we will be [completely] in trouble with what is in the budget, what we want to be included in the budget and this new thing. It's an endless battle if we do that. I am really speaking seriously here. If it was in the budget, let's ask we keep inside the budget. Thank you.

ALAN GREENBERG: Thank you, Sebastien. Heidi, first a question. The communications budget, was that just for At-Large and RALOs or did it have a wider purpose?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah. Sorry to interrupt. No, it was for all SOs and ACs. That's my understanding.

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay. So, we can certainly make the statement saying this was a useful ... Do we know whether other ACs and SOs used it?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes, we do. They did.

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay. I agree we could certainly make the case that this should not be a place that ICANN [inaudible] general budget, but should they choose to, At-Large [inaudible] it. I think we have to go both directions and that's why I suggested that we have the caveat that this is requested on the presumption [that]. If they reverse that decision, then this one doesn't have to be funded. I think Sebastien's point is good, but we have to go both ways. Let's proceed now.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, thank you. That finishes the ALAC request.

ALAN GREENBERG: Heidi, what happened to the one I submitted on the chair transition?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Did you submit that via an e-mail?

ALAN GREENBERG: Yes.

HEIDI ULLRICH: I did not see that. I'm sorry.

ALAN GREENBERG: I will summarize it for the group. There's a practice that several other ACs and SOs have that when the chair transitions to a new chair that there be a short one or two day meeting with the incoming, outgoing, and senior staff people supporting them to allow a smooth transition. That has not been done before in ALAC, but in both recent cases, the outgoing chair who is going to stay on the ALAC as a vice chair. That will not be the case this time.

The job of the chair has changed over the last couple of years with the empowered community, with chairs having other responsibilities other than running their AC/SO. The SSR2 discussions right now appointing review teams. There's a lot of parts to the job that are not quite the same as they were and we are requesting a two-day meeting for myself and whoever the incoming chair is to ICANN staff people to be held sometime prior to the AGM after obviously the person is selected and prior to the person taking office. That request should have been there, but is not. We'll make sure everyone sees it shortly.

Go ahead, Heidi, please.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. Sorry about that, Alan. I didn't see that come in. Okay, I see that is not going to be at Las Vegas. That would be an ICANN meeting or ICANN location. Let's move on to the AFRALO ones.

So, RALO [inaudible] starting with AFRALO. The first, again, is a workshop at the IGF. I believe that one is for two members. Some of the requests were not ... I see now it's five people. Again, travel support for five people. Again, unless I missed it, I did not see any kind of response from the request to add more clarity on this one.

ALAN GREENBERG: Tijani and Eduardo have their hands up.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Yes. Thank you very much, Alan; and thank you, Heidi. Heidi, we sent you the updated version with all you requested inside and the number of people was reduced to three. There is the title of the topic. There is also a list of speakers. But, there is also a note saying that since the MAG didn't yet decide on the team and since the venue of the next IGF is not known yet, we don't know if those speakers will make it to the venue and we don't know if this topic will be covered by the team proposed by the MAG.

So, we sent you – we did send you and I asked you by Skype if you received it and you told me, "I didn't see it yet."

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. Thank you for that clarification. Tijani, I did see the one for ICANN 65 at Marrakech. But, I'm sorry I did not see the revised one. But, again, if you're adding the information that you just stated, I think it does sound like a response to the request.

ALAN GREENBERG: Tijani, if you could, since Heidi is having computer problems, can you resend it to both me and Heidi or to At-Large staff? Just to make sure someone has a copy.

HEIDI ULLRICH: I'll look again. Again, apologies. We were in a workshop all last week, so I'm just sort of catching up. Yes, do please send me that. Again, if you could just put into the subject line "Fiscal Year 19 ABR AFRALO" I'll then be able to search for that and see that.

ALAN GREENBERG: Tijani, it sounds like you've made exactly the changes that we were suggesting. If this doesn't get approved, then we'll just give up and go home.

Eduardo?

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you, Alan. I was under the impression that all IGF requests were covered by the IGF capacity building that we've discussed before.

Someone can care and explain why the difference? I thought the other one covered all the ideas.

ALAN GREENBERG: To be clear, we have always had individual requests from RALOs for specific workshops. The central one – the one now submitted under the auspices of the ALAC itself – is over and above that and we are asking for ALAC members ... Last year, we had one ALAC member and one outreach and engagement. This year we're asking for two in each case to go over and above the allotments that go along with the workshops. This is based on the theory that At-Large clearly has a presence at the IGF and it should be acknowledged by ICANN management in addition to specific allocations of resources that are put into workshops.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thank you.

ALAN GREENBERG: To be blunt, if the board can send 15 people, then us asking for a few shouldn't be so hard.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. Alan, should I continue?

ALAN GREENBERG: Please.

HEIDI ULLRICH: The next one from AFRALO is the awareness raising videos in the various African languages. Again, as mentioned earlier, I've added that one to the consolidated version. Does the FBSC agree that this request not be submitted?

ALAN GREENBERG: Tijani has his hand up.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thanks, Alan. If you want me to speak about that, I can.

ALAN GREENBERG: I have nothing to say about that. Honestly, you're a good candidate.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Okay. I would like to explain what is it. It is a proposal for an additional budget request for local community capacity building and engagement and it will consist in location transportation for people from the downtown to the venue of the meeting and also for lunch for them only. So, it is not a big budget and it will make a difference because we continue to make the local community engagement and outreach and capacity building for the local community each time we go to Africa. I think it is a very important thing that we have to do and we have to continue to do. Thank you.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. Alan?

ALAN GREENBERG: Back to you, Heidi.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Again, I think there is a little confusion. I thought that we were still talking about the request for the video. What Tijani has described was his request or the AFRALO request for capacity development activity during ICANN 65 in Marrakech. It's for ten people local, either students or teachers, in the relevant topics that would come to the ICANN 65 meeting. It's just local travel. My understanding it was for within Marrakech, so just going from Marrakech to the venue as well as lunch. That particular one, I think ... Go ahead.

ALAN GREENBERG: Yeah. I thought the video was rolled into the communications budget.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Correct. But, my question is I wanted to double check that by having it in the consolidated version you do not wish to have the individual request.

ALAN GREENBERG: That was my understanding unless someone tells us we're wrong.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, so I will not submit that one.

ALAN GREENBERG: That one will go away.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Correct. Correct, okay.

ALAN GREENBERG: Tijani, is that a new one?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: It's a new one. I think that the consolidated one is very good and we have to put in the appendix the detail for each issue because it will show what it is about. If you read the line concerning this activity, it will not say a lot of things. But, if you read this detail, it will make sense in my point of view.

ALAN GREENBERG: Tijani, you're accepting the fact that it be rolled in, but make sure we have enough clarity on the items so they can understand what it is.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Exactly, Alan. Exactly.

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay. Noted, thank you. Heidi, back to you.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Thank you, Alan. For the capacity building request, what's the deal on that? Again, it's the ten local people at ICANN 65, students and teachers.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: [inaudible], please, Alan.

ALAN GREENBERG: Yes, please.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: I would like to [inaudible] that those people, we will make a selected – we choose selected around ten people selected from the pool we already involved in the first Marrakech meeting. You remember we went to the university and we had a very, very good afternoon there. Very fruitful, in my point of view. Several of those people are very interested and we will try to choose the most interested of them and try this time to make capacity building for them, not only outreach as we did in Marrakech first time – capacity building and try to engage them in the other sessions, in the sessions of At-Large, but also in the other sessions of the meeting. Thank you.

ALAN GREENBERG: Back to you, Heidi.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, thank you. So, just move on to APRALO. The first one, again, is for an IGF. There were changes made by [Satish]. Let me just take a look what those were. I think he did add more detail to that. The financial report request is for three members of the APRALO leadership team for participation and they do talk about an initial step – the following tenants identified workshop proposals, and they list three of them. I think they did respond to the request.

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay.

HEIDI ULLRICH: So, looks like we submit that one as is?

ALAN GREENBERG: I would think so.

HEIDI ULLRICH: The next one is for the pop-up banner. Again, that is included in the indigenous request. Again, following the decision to not submit those that are now moved to the consolidated, I'll add [inaudible] for this one.

ALAN GREENBERG: And perhaps add a little bit of a detail.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes. For the consolidated, yes.

ALAN GREENBERG: Yeah, correct.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. Next one is for outreach at APRIGF. Let me just take a look for the number of people. I didn't see the number of people that they're looking for here. They're looking for various – again, a booth, a display, a workshop jointly with the ICANN APAC hub and a joint cultural event with dot-asia. Alan?

ALAN GREENBERG: Yeah.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. Any comments on that one?

ALAN GREENBERG: I have no comments. I'm not sure it's likely to get funded, to be honest, but I have no comments.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, so that's submit. Again, I see Ali, thank you. [inaudible], thank you.

Another one that Ali submitted is for the Middle East DNS Forum. It's quite similar. Looking for one to two members at this event. Any comments there?

ALAN GREENBERG:

I would've thought this was one that they're going to come back and say use CROP. But, that doesn't mean we don't submit it. But, this has the tone of a meeting that they normally will come back and say use CROP for. Again, that's not a reason not to submit it. Ali, please go ahead.

ALI ALMESHAL:

Thanks, Alan. Yes, even if they do say use CROP, regardless now if the CROP will be there or not. As all of you know, the size of our region, even with the five slots, CROP does not cover all the required activities that we would need to do so in the region. We have big events like this one in [inaudible] and we have the Asia IGF and we have APRICOT and so on and so forth. That's why we are trying to balance between the CROP slot and the additional budget request to please cover what is our areas that we can be in. So, that's the main purpose.

I remember last year when we submitted the APRICOT event it was moved to CROP. But, again, CROP cannot cover all the activities. The main activities, actually. It's not all the activities. It's the main activities that we would like to get involved in and [inaudible] APRALO and the other activities of ICANN.

ALAN GREENBERG: Thank you. I wasn't objecting to submitting it. You might want to quickly revise it to put some words in these kinds of requests. The same goes for the Asia-Pacific IGF to say, yes, you understand CROP is available but because of the size of the region and the number of subregional groups that meet such as the Middle East groups or Asia-Pacific groups that CROP is not sufficient to cover that all, given the breadth of your region and the diverse groups within it. You may want to actually try to short circuit there saying use CROP by mentioning that in these requests.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. Thank you. Ali?

ALAN GREENBERG: One or two quick sentences added to each of them might well help justify them. Please go ahead, Heidi.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Thank you very much. We'll submit that one with the requests with the language requested. Let's move on to EURALO. I'm going to hand this over to Olivier, because again, I did not see any changes as requested and he says he just made some changes, so he will know those changes better than I will. Olivier?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much, Heidi. Hello?

ALAN GREENBERG: We can hear you, Olivier.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Okay. Someone was just speaking, so I didn't know whether I was on. We did make some minor changes and I've just actually uploaded the sheets on the Wiki. I completely forgot to [inaudible] e-mail them over. The four of them that were filed, the first one ... Let's do them one at a time.

The first one was diversity in ICANN leadership [body]. This one was updated to reflect the questions which were asked. I note Sebastien's been working on this. Maybe I can ask Sebastien to mention what he has updated on this. Sebastien Bachollet?

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Sorry, I needed to find my microphone. Thank you. To be very short, the changes just follow all the requests, decreasing the number of requests – funding people, adding some [inaudible] as possible in the community to talk about this topic, and it's all something to be done with ICANN during ICANN meetings and one for IGF, if IGF is happening in 2019. Thank you.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Okay. Thanks for this, Sebastien. That's the first one which we made amends to. Should we do them each one in turn or do you want to do all four of them at the same time?

HEIDI ULLRICH: I'm assuming that one is a submit. Is that correct, Alan?

ALAN GREENBERG: Let's proceed.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Okay. Then, the next one is the Internet of Things and the increasing governance challenge ahead. What was mentioned in this one was that there needed to be more details about how it relates to the ICANN mission and also come up with a list of panelists and so on. We've done that. We've added the whole strategic alignment about the Internet architecture, DNS, identifier, security, IPv6, etc. Then, further down, for travel support, we mentioned speakers. So, it would be me and Wale Bakare and Andrei Kalesnikov and Bastiaan Goslings.

It does mention here three people would be required from the EURALO members to travel to the workshop. I'm not quite sure. I wasn't the person that drafted this. I'm not quite sure why four people are listed and asked for funding for three people. Perhaps the fourth person will self-fund or find another way to get there, wherever that is. It also mentions there the hotel and per diem inclusion being \$10,000 in total.

ALAN GREENBERG: Olivier, you can cover that by saying you're projecting that three of these four will be included in the list. Again, we don't know where in the world it is or who's going to have problems with visas or whatever. That's the best you can do.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: We don't even know whether there will be an IGF, which is interesting.

ALAN GREENBERG: Well, that too, of course.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Interesting point for this year. We know there will be one in the [inaudible] afterwards in Germany, but this one might maybe not happen. Anyway, that's the second request. Any comments, any feedback? Have we forgotten anything on this?

ALAN GREENBERG: My only comment is the number of Internet of Things sessions that the IGF is growing to become unreasonable and I think they need to be coordinated because there are just too many that are replicating the same thing. But, that's not my call.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks, Alan. What happens is that sometimes there is more than one workshops that are asked to come together. I'm absolutely sure that with more requests, they will ask more workshops to come together. That does provide an ability to work with others. I know that it's been

done in the past. For example, the AFRALO workshop was merged with another workshop during the last IGF and I think it came out really well.

ALAN GREENBERG:

Yeah. It has been done on occasion, not nearly enough. There was a huge amount of replication at this IGF that wasn't covered that way. Tijani has his hand up. Please, go ahead. I'll note we're 20 minutes away from the end of this call.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Thank you very much, Alan. Olivier, I am afraid if you don't specify that you are addressing the part of the [inaudible] IPv6, which is a prerequisite for development of Internet of Things, if you don't mention that [inaudible] on this, you will be sad that it is out of the scope of the ICANN mission. You know they are trying to cut the budget. They wanted us to give the topic [inaudible] didn't give the topic because the team wasn't [inaudible]. But, this time they ask for it. So, we have to be careful so our workshop will not be rejected. Thank you.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND:

Thanks, Tijani. I don't know whether you're reading the latest version. In the latest version, we mentioned that it goes under Internet governance, Internet architecture, DNS identifier security and IPv6, ICANN multi-stakeholder method and all the way down to Internet [promotion] security.

So, we've got – in Internet governance, we mentioned the role of the GDPR and then in Internet architecture, we mention DNS proprietary

IoT services in DNS, interoperability and firmware updates of the in order to devices, IoT devices and Internet identifiers, the security of IoT including firmware, and then we've got IPv6 in that and ICANN multi-stakeholder approach to emerging Internet issues, technologies, and standards. It's really weaved in with ICANN, especially ... I think there are two key words that that are firmware updates in the DNS.

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay, thank you. Clearly, you have changed it. If it's sufficient, it may get funded. If it isn't, you may not. Let's keep going.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Okay. Thanks for this, Alan. Next one, scrolling down, it's support participation of individual users in EURALO. On this one, I'm not quite sure I quite understood what we're requested to do because if I understood correctly, we were told we have to change this so that we ask for support for all individual users. I didn't quite know how to word this. We made the minimum changes to support EURALO individual Internet users because they are special in the way that they're running under an ALS while the others are not running under an ALS. We wanted to effectively bring the same level of support for all individual Internet users. I'm not quite sure how to amend this one.

ALAN GREENBERG: Olivier, the real gist was the intent of the request should be to support individual users, not support an ALS. It happens to be an implementation detail that your individual users are banded together in

the form of an ALS, instead of as in NARALO a virtual ALS, but you want to emphasize the fact that it is to support individual users, not necessarily to support an ALS which other people may hit on and try to generalize it to support for other ALSes, which is explicitly excluded in the bylaws. The bylaws explicitly say ICANN does not support ALSes. And therefore, that happens to be an accident of implementation isn't the main thrust of this request. We just want to make sure that it is worded in that tone.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: We don't mention anywhere ALS. That's the thing. The only thing that we mentioned is an association has been created to provide a home for the individual users in RALO. [inaudible] has now grown and has about 40 members. That's the only time it mentions that. I could certainly take these two sentences out and replace it in saying that there are now 40 members in EURALO and they need to be supported.

ALAN GREENBERG: Mentioning that it's an association I don't think is a problem.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Okay. Is there anywhere else? I couldn't find anywhere else where it mentioned At-Large Structure or anything like that.

ALAN GREENBERG: The question is given that it is just individual users, to what extent do we in fact need to make this request? That's the question I'm asking.

For instance, voting and polling tools, those are provided for individual users in NARALO. They always have been. I presume they're provided by individual users in other groups should they be needed. Why are we asking for budget requests for it?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Well, I think one of the paths – and it actually mentions this. So, the polls could be done in-house. The conference calls could be done using the ICANN facilities. I gather this probably – and Heidi correct me if I'm wrong, but this probably does not require a budget request.

One thing that would require a budget request is to produce outreach material specific to individual users.

ALAN GREENBERG: And that should be in the communications lump budget.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Yeah, exactly. The second one is to do with the website. The individual users in Europe have got their own website and their own mailing list. That needs to be either ... Well, it's an external website, if you want. It's called IndividualUsers.org. It's been really helpful in growing the membership. In a year-and-a-half, they managed to exceed 40 members. I think even since then there's another 10 or 15 that have been added to it.

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay. Olivier, may I suggest that the bulk of this request I think can be subsumed in ordinary staff supported activities. The website is an interesting one because you're asking for support, but it's not on the ICANN website. It's not clear based on how you used it whether it could be important to ICANN website. I would suggest that we not submit a budget request on this, but very actively look at how we can achieve the same ends within the normal ICANN processes.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: I realize you're probably waiting for [inaudible] from me. If we can satisfy the three requests, if we could satisfy the support as in [polls] and conference calls, then the website is something that we need to discuss further at that point.

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay. Let me ask you a very quick question. We're running out of time. Perhaps this is something we should've been looking at a few months ago, but clearly we didn't. Is it important for the people involved in the activity, individual users, to be in control of the website or simply to make sure there is a website which has the right information on it?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: That I don't know. What I do think is important is domain names that the website uses, which is IndividualUsers, which is a lot more easy to find than the ICANN website.

ALAN GREENBERG: That's fine, but there are redirects that can address that.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Yeah, exactly.

ALAN GREENBERG: Let's leave it out but let's talk about it. Hopefully, we can achieve the same ends. There's no chance in whatever that ICANN is fund development of an external website. Not at the time that they're trying to reduce the number of internal websites they have because the costs are too high. That's one of Göran's real pet peeves. Let's not put in something we know is going to get rejected. Let's try to transform it into something we can get done.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Alan?

ALAN GREENBERG: Yeah, go ahead.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Perhaps we could put in an overall At-Large or ALAC request just for support for individuals. You could even do that now and say pending the outcome of the At-Large review and implementation, but it might give you some funds that as you move forward with the implementation of the review which focuses on ALSes and individuals, then you would have some available funding to implement that.

ALAN GREENBERG: I think that's a good idea. It's jumping the gun on the At-Large review, but that is so delayed that maybe it's a good thing to do that. Let's try to put one together quickly today.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. Olivier, would you like staff to do that?

ALAN GREENBERG: Well, we're doing it as an At-Large one. Heidi, if you could start doing it and I'll contribute words and we'll get anything else from Olivier.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Keep me in the loop, then that would be fine. I can make sure that we're not shortchanged with the European Individual Users.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, perfect. Let's move on. Olivier, you have one more – joint event with NCUC at ICANN 63.

ALAN GREENBERG: Just to be clear, we have 10 minutes left on the call. We did start 20 minutes late, but I suspect other people are going to have to start leaving soon. So, we will try to get this over. We'll run over, but let's try to expedite it. Olivier?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks very much for this. I'll be very quick on this one. The amendments that I've made on this are to get in touch with NCUC so that they also submit the same request, and therefore the travel support which we're asking for, by the way, is just conditional should a hotel night be needed depending on when the session will be scheduled. If the session is scheduled on day zero, then clearly one hotel night would be needed for three of the participants from ALAC and three from NCUC. So, these thoughts will be shared.

The other thing that would cost money is the splitting the session in two, with refreshments and small bites. When we have not been funded, which is the case I think in Helsinki and the case more recently in Abu Dhabi, the refreshments were tea and coffee, which I think were available at a [inaudible]. When being funded, I think what we might be asking for is just a little more and have a few sandwiches. This would be in Barcelona, maybe Tapas would be of the order. It is a long session. It's a three- or four-hour session lasting the whole afternoon.

Secondly, language services support is something that is listed here, since we are in Spain and we're dealing with newcomers. Certainly, Spanish would be highly desirable. I have heard from the budgeting department that they're going to cut down on language translation and interpretation. That's why I really want to make sure that we get interpretation for this one.

ALAN GREENBERG: Olivier, if they cut down, it's going to be with [inaudible] from At-Large.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Yeah, they mentioned they will.

ALAN GREENBERG: I understand. In terms of NCUC, they can either submit an identical request including their three people and we include our three, or they can simply point to our request and add the three people. The only real concern is that their three people not be listed under our budget. I don't think there's a real need to replicate the request if they are happy with the wording in what we have. But, I'll leave it up to you.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks. I don't know how that will be submitted to finance. Is it staff that will submit it with finance? Maybe they can ask that this is linked to the NCUC request.

ALAN GREENBERG: I'm happy to leave it to Heidi and deal with whoever is submitting them on behalf of NCUC.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. Olivier, may I ask a question? Alan, may ask Olivier a question?

ALAN GREENBERG: Please.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Olivier, just to be clear, on this event you would be perfectly happy as with NCUC to hold it within the meeting itself. Correct? Frankly, I think you have a much higher chance of getting it funded if it's within the ICANN meeting itself.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Alan, may I answer the question?

ALAN GREENBERG: Yes, please. I'm just sitting here listening.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Heidi, I'm not sure what you mean by from within the meeting. I know that last time you mentioned you can make it 90 minutes. No, it's not a 90-minute session. It's a whole afternoon. It's four hours. From the meetings team, it's always been very, very hard to get four hours in one go. They keep on giving you 90 minutes and then say you need to move on to something else. That's why the last time, we had to have it on the Saturday afternoon because we couldn't find any other space anywhere. Now, if we can find space elsewhere and be for four hours in a room and not conflict with other things that newcomers might wish to go to, then that's fine. But, it's increasingly hard to do that.

By the way, because it's capacity building and it's a discussion about topics, it's obviously better to have it towards the beginning of the week than on the last day where I think it really defeated the point and the purpose.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. I just needed to get clarity on that. But, again, if those blocks could be arranged to where you could have a four-hour session within the ICANN meeting proper, you would accept that? If it ran from 3:00 to 7:00pm?

ALAN GREENBERG: I haven't looked at the current request. My understanding is it already gives that option. Does it not? That's a question to Olivier.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Yes, it does. It doesn't mention what day it needs to be in. It basically asks how long would it be, and just depending on scheduling, a hotel night might be needed. If there isn't ...

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay. We've already covered this. Yes, we understand the finance people may decide one thing and the meeting people something else that will have to be resolved.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. Alan, we have Tijani but we have two RALOs left for a total of six.

ALAN GREENBERG: Tijani, please go ahead quickly and then we will proceed as quickly as we can. We did start 20 minutes late, so we're going to run over. Hopefully, some people can stay with us.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thank you very much. The AFRALO experience in Johannesburg [says] that we had a full morning the first day as local community outreach and engagement. It was very, very good. It was inside the days of the meeting, the first day, day one – not day zero. Thank you.

ALAN GREENBERG: I think that may be the difference between the June meeting and the October-November meeting, though. In any case, the request already covers this option, so let's not dwell on it here.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. Let's move on then. We'll go ahead and submit that one and move on to LACRALO. So, they submit two requests for the IGF. Again, I sent out requests for clarity. I did not see any. One is for leadership at the IGF and they're looking for three people there for travel support. The second is for a workshop at the IGF and they're looking for five people there. Again, in my reading of the request, they don't add the type of clarity that was requested.

ALAN GREENBERG: Heidi, that we don't have all of the people here, we do have Ricardo on the call, I believe. He's not listed on Adobe Connect. Maybe he's on the chat, on the bridge; I don't know.

RICARDO HOLMQUIST: I'm very sorry. I didn't have Internet connection. I just moved to Spain. I [inaudible] Internet on time. I didn't have [inaudible] from Maritza who is the one who is currently handling this. We had a meeting about two or three weeks ago to submit the proposal, but I didn't see any [inaudible] wording on this proposal after the meeting.

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay, thank you. Heidi, all you can do is try to get a hold of Maritza and give her 24 hours or 12 hours, whatever the absolute we can give her [inaudible] submit them as is and that decreases the chance that they're be submitted. They're going to be approved. I don't know we can do anything else.

I don't think the Finance and Budget Subcommittee says we're not going to submit them at all. We've tried to avoid doing that without at least some discussion and tentative agreement. I think that's the best we can do at this point. And make sure Humberto is copied, too, on this.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Thank you. Okay. I see that Alberto has his hand raised.

ALAN GREENBERG: Alberto, please go ahead.

ALBERTO SOTO: Unfortunately, I have no information about the other three requests, but I do have – I can give you an update on the one I submitted. I have sent on due time the clarification information, but I don't know what happened. If you want me, I can send it right away again.

ALAN GREENBERG: Please send it to At-Large staff and to me, Alan.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Do you want to go to that one right now, Alan, or do you want to do the other one? I'm just reading them in order.

ALAN GREENBERG: Do we have any further comments on the other ones that Maritza submitted?

HEIDI ULLRICH: There's one more and that is for ... It's [inaudible] 22nd Indo ... Let me just see what it is here. It's an event in Latin America. Again, it looks like they're requesting travel for 10 people. Again, what was not clear was whether those 10 people would be at a panel, to what extent ICANN is involved in this. There was just need for more information on this. Again, I have not received anything, so perhaps we can again give 24 hours for revision and then submit as is.

ALAN GREENBERG: I think so. The chances of getting us 10 travel slots to go to a meeting in region is virtually zero. Either they adopt it or adapt it so it's more likely to get funded or we'll submit it, but it's just not going to make it.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. The next one is an interesting request by Alberto who is on the call obviously and could go into more detail. As it is, it's a course. It's a development implementation of a mediation or perhaps a facilitation course for LACRALO members. It would be possibly twice a year, if accepted. It was a 20-hour course with ten two-hour modules. It's asking to contain mediation exercises between groups that will change. This looks like a little bit what David [Culp] ... Some of you had been through either the leadership program on this where we do these sorts of exercises.

So, it could either be a space of [inaudible] or it could be something that's done online through perhaps ICANNLearn. That's something that I'd like to have Alberto speak a little bit more to that, please.

ALAN GREENBERG: The question is if we're talking about two 10-hour modules, that sounds like it's something that's going to be done perhaps online or in real-time, but not travel, if Alberto can just confirm that the revised version addresses that in detail.

ALBERTO SOTO:

Exactly. The intention is to do it online because travel slots are very difficult for approval, and online requires virtually no budget. The purpose of this course is not to get trained mediators, but for those who have been trained to understand how each party behaves. A concrete example – in our working groups, we had some problems with participants, and typically participants – fortunately, very few [inaudible] what I do. [inaudible] discuss from their perspective and they're not taken into consideration the other point of views. So, what you'd be learning here is to sit at a table and from a chair consider the other person.

We have many instances of such and we cannot have leaders who understand that they have to listen to the other to discuss, to reach consensus, and to operate under a multi-stakeholder approach that consensus is needed for a positive outcome. It has to be online. It certainly has to be online. Again, this training is not for us to have mediators, but to give the people an opportunity to understand what a mediation process is about and how to behave without being actually a mediator. Thank you very much.

ALAN GREENBERG:

Thank you very much. I would suggest we label this as a pilot program because it sounds like it's applicable to a larger extent within At-Large and within ICANN overall. I would suggest we call this a pilot program to be tried, first of all, in LACRALO. Heidi?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Thank you. Just final clarity – and Alan, please respond if you’re clear on this. When you say online, that would be webinars or would that be both either webinars and/or ICANNLearn. You might have to take some classes on ICANNLearn and once you complete that, then you go into webinars? Is that something that ...

ALAN GREENBERG: I suspect we’re talking about having a live leader, so other people could watch it after the fact. I would suspect some of it, certainly not 20 hours’ worth of it. But, I would suspect there are some components of it which will be live. Other people could watch it after the fact, but twice a year it would be given with a few hours of someone’s live involvement in the process. That’s what it sounds like he’s talking about. I think that sounds like a great idea.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah. I think it’s an interesting one as well. Alberto, if you could please send your comment today, that would be fantastic. We’ll take a look at those. We’ll go ahead and look at that and submit that with revisions. Alan, we have two left.

ALAN GREENBERG: Cheryl added in the comments maybe a reference in it somewhere to roleplaying or something, if that is one of those useful things that could be done with a live person.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Correct. That might be something that could be used either at the RALO development session at the AGM. But again, that would not be just limited to LACRALO that would be all of the secretariat.

ALAN GREENBERG: No, but let's call it a pilot program within LACRALO. I think it's a great idea.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. So, we have two – actually, basically just one.

ALAN GREENBERG: By the way, Heidi, based on your experience, is mediation the right word here or there should be using something else which is more to how to come to consensus?

HEIDI ULLRICH: I think it's more ... You can highlight what mediation is, but I think it sounds like more of a facilitation type of course.

ALAN GREENBERG: Heidi, as we go over it – I hope Alberto won't mind. If we change the wording to make it sound more not solving a particular problem, which is what mediation is, but just coming to closure on making decisions in a multi-stakeholder environment.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Silvia is interpreting for me as well, and she's saying it's facilitation. Again, last week a lot of policy staff were in facilitation skills training and they did cover mediation, but it was much broader than that.

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay. I think we know where it's going. We may need to do a little bit of wordsmithing, but I think it's a great suggestion.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. Basically, two, but one has been incorporated from NARALO. One is for NARALO at the IGF 2018. Again, they're asking for two people to go, very similar to the other request. I would think that one is a submit.

Then, the other one is the NARALO [inaudible] translation into Spanish. Again, that has been incorporated into the consolidated version.

ALAN GREENBERG: Excellent.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, that is it.

ALAN GREENBERG: I think we're done. Any final comments from anyone? It sounds like Heidi and I have a whole bunch of work to do. Those who have said they're going to send something in, do it please really quickly. Heidi, when are these officially due?

HEIDI ULLRICH: The 31st, so we have a couple of days.

ALAN GREENBERG: Which is two days, and I presume if we get the in on the first we will survive, although we'll try to get them in on the 31st.

HEIDI ULLRICH: There are several that are ready to go it looks like. It's just, Alan, I would like you to review all of them. What I'd like to do now is go through my e-mails again, add any ones that I've missed, etc. Then, Alan, perhaps we could have a call tomorrow.

ALAN GREENBERG: That sounds like a good idea. We'll arrange that privately. If you make sure all the links are good so I can actually download all of the documents, once you get your computer back.

HEIDI ULLRICH: [inaudible]. I'll do that. Again, thank you very much, everyone. I think that we're had some really interesting requests and I hope that I will be able to help ensure that these are approved.

ALAN GREENBERG: We are finished, in fact, 10 minutes under the 90 minutes we predicted. I think this is about one of the most productive conference calls I can remember in my ICANN history. Thank you, all.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: The most? My, Alan.

ALAN GREENBERG: I said one of the most. I'm not making negative comments, but one could make negative comments about an awful lot of them.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: [inaudible] but talk about [inaudible]. Okay. Alright.

ALAN GREENBERG: Thank you, all. Bye-bye.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Bye, thanks.

GISELLA GRUBER: Thank you, all. The meeting has been adjourned and the audio will now be disconnected. Please remember to disconnect your Adobe from the audio. Thank you very much and enjoy the rest of your morning, afternoon, or evening. Bye-bye!

[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]