

NATHALIE PEREGRINE: Good morning, good afternoon, good evening everybody. This is the APRALO Singapore Showcase Organizing Committee on the 4th of December, 2013. On the call today, we have Siranush Vardanyan, Ali Almeshal, Maureen Hilyard, and Lianna Galstyan. We have an apology from Pavan Budhrani. From staff, we have Yu-Chang Kuek, Silvia Vivanco, and myself, Nathalie Peregrine. I'd like to remind you all to please state your name before speaking for transcription purposes. Thank you very much, and over to you, Siranush.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Thank you, Nathalie. Good morning, good afternoon, good evening everyone. I'm sorry, I will cough a little bit during the call. I have very bad flu during the whole week, so sorry in advance.

Let's start according to agenda. This is Siranush for the record. We are going to discuss the Singapore Showcase. There was a draft agenda prepared by me and changes are done by Silvia. Thank you for that. And let's go.

There are several action items, action points, which we are going to discuss now. And let's start with the first, funding and sponsorship. I know that some funds are available from ICANN, if Silvia and Nathalie can help us to understand what those funds can cover for us to know that this is for sure can be done and can be printed in advance for the meeting. Silvia, if you have any information on this, please.

Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

SILVIA VIVANCO: I checked already with Heidi and she said that, at this moment, what we have is \$1,000 which is a very not too large amount. However, usually what we have is for catering and the rest would need to be covered by sponsors.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: So you have money for catering?

SILVIA VIVANCO: This amount which I mentioned, usually we use it for catering. Apart from that, we usually have a small budget for the booklet, for the printed materials, which is around \$500. From what we have used before, it's around that amount. All the other expenses would need to be covered by sponsors.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Okay, I see.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Yes. In connection to this, I would like to ask you if you could please give us an estimate of the number of ALSes attending the showcase, so we can start working with the meeting staff to get catering budget from the venue hotel. Because one of the issues we have is that, usually, the hotel do not allow catering from outside sources. And, in some cases, [inaudible] Buenos Aires, we had a very expensive catering offer, so we

needed to raise funds, even for the catering. So that will be very useful if you can do a quick poll on how many ALSes will be attending.

From previous showcases, what I can somehow estimate, usually we have about 100 people attending every showcase, or maybe 150. But I don't know in this case. In the case of Asia, which is quite large, there may be more people showing up, so we have to have a rough estimate.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Okay. Can I clarify one question here? I think for Singapore, this is the APRALO region. All ALSes from APRALO will be funded to come from ICANN?

SILVIA VIVANCO: For this showcase, no. For this meeting, what we have [inaudible] has been already approved for the leaders, for the ALAC leaders. So for APRALO leaders, for ALAC leaders. So we don't have additional funding because we have the London. Remember, we have London in July where [all] will be approved. So the biggest expense is going to be reserved for London. So this [inaudible], all ALSes will need to cover their own expenses to go to [Singapore].

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Okay. But we at least have funding for some ALSes, some people who are members of any working groups or are in ALAC. Can I ask you to send me the list of approved names of people who are for sure coming for Singapore?

SILVIA VIVANCO: Yes. I have [inaudible] already for this list, and I think in the next couple of days I will get a list with the approval [inaudible] people from APRALO already approved for travel.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Okay, thank you very much. There are people who are organizing some stuff for showcase, and probably I'll go forward with staff to see the responsibility to fund those people at least to come for Singapore for sure.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Okay. I will talk to Heidi and Matt who is managing the travel date [inaudible] to get this information for you.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Yeah. Can you put this as an action item, just to send me the list of approved people, the names of people?

SILVIA VIVANCO: Yes.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Thank you. Maureen, you raised your hand. Please, Maureen? We cannot hear you, Maureen. Check your mic, Maureen. Her mic doesn't work, so she will type here. Maureen, if you [inaudible] dial out. Yes,

Maureen, that's the reason why I asked Silvia to send me the list of ALSes and the list of names who are already approved, because I know we are going back to all ALSes to provide the information, to provide videos, so we will need [inaudible]

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Could you repeat? I couldn't hear you. Your voice was cut off.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Yes. Maureen asked here that they are going to talk to ALSes. They also can clarify with them who can come on their own. Did I understand you correctly, Maureen? Yes.

Together with the list, you, Silvia, can send to me, Maureen and Ali are going to contact the ALSes regarding to some different information needed for the showcase. Maureen also can include the [sentence] to clarify if those ALSes are coming to [inaudible]. Maureen, this will be great also to finalize if you can later after clarification give the list as well, and we will have the full picture of who will be present there. That would be great.

Silvia, can you put this also as an action item, that Maureen and Ali are going to check with all ALSes about their availability for Singapore meeting?

SILVIA VIVANCO: Yes. This is going to give you a good idea of, number one, the catering needs for the cocktail and the venue also, where we want to do this event.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Excellent. This is the second question which we are going to discuss about the venue. We are now okay with clarification of the number of people who will be in Singapore, and I think by the end of December, we will have at least a rough number of ALSes available from APRALO. But the number of 150 I think will be okay for overall, for us to thinking about catering and the space for people to come there.

Now let's move to the second – Ali, you raised your hand. Please.

ALI ALMESHAL: Just before we move to the second point, I think for the funding and sponsorship – do you hear me? Hello?

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Yes, Ali. Go ahead. Ali, we hear you.

ALI ALMESHAL: For the point of funding and sponsorship, just before we move out of this point, we haven't discussed how we can manage to get some sponsors outside ICANN, if that's possible, to support the showcase itself. Any idea how we can look into this or any potential sponsorship or partner that we can look into?

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Good question, Ali. While in BA, we also talked with Holly. She's going to discuss with APNIC with whom we are going to sign an official memorandum in Singapore. She is going to clarify with APNIC if they can cover some costs, can sponsor part of the showcase. I didn't hear from her, but I will send an e-mail to clarify if something came up out of that discussion. She is going to discuss with the head of APNIC.

ALI ALMESHAL: Fantastic.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: You see here there are different opportunities. This is an open topic, so if there is company outside of ICANN whom you can think we can approach, we can do that. For example, I'm also thinking about maybe dot-asia who did last time a lot of support and [inaudible] office. So we may also ask if they would like to do something during the showcase. This is another option to think about funding. Hello?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Hi, [inaudible]. Sorry for being late.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Hello. Do you hear me?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Hello. Yes, I can hear you.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I can hear you, Siranush.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Okay, great. I think Ali lost my sound. Ali and Lianna do not have sound. This is the problem with the bridge. Ali, can you hear now?

[LIANNA GALSTYAN]: Yes, I can hear you, Siranush.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Siranush, I think it's [inaudible] bridge, because I'm not getting [inaudible] either.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Okay. We're connecting now. Great. We'll try to clarify. Ali, you are back?

ALI ALMESHAL: I am available.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Great. Welcome [inaudible]. These are two options, dot-asia and APNIC to discuss potential sponsors for showcase. So if there will be any other ideas, you can come up with, that would be great. We can also apply to ISOC chapters, some local chapters, who can fund and their logos can

appear in the showcase, during the showcase, and we will announce their names also. That will be the opportunity for them to be seen by others.

Let's see if Kuek has something to add on this issue.

YU-CHANG KUEK: No. I think the conversation that you guys are having is fantastic. In order to know how much sponsorship we need, is there a cost estimate right now?

SILVIA VIVANCO: This is a very appropriate question. I just received an e-mail. We were asking catering staff, ICANN staff, earlier today about a possible catering budget. A catering budget apparently for Singapore is quite expensive as well. So I have an amount of about \$50 per person served for finger food and some drinks.

YU-CHANG KUEK: Okay. That's very helpful. Thank you.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Depending on how many people we want to serve in the cocktail will be between [\$8,000] and \$10,000 for catering only. And regarding sponsorship, I also wanted to mention that I was in contact with staff regarding sponsorship. Before, what we have done, received funds from a sponsor was kind of ad hoc procedure. Now we have instructed to do

a more standard sponsorship arrangement. ICANN has an internal procedure to [channel] funds, as you know, for sponsors who are the sponsors [inaudible] form, and in exchange, there are some packages.

For example, they can get the use of the logo on the meeting page or printed materials in the back that ICANN distributes to all participants, etc., depending on the level of contribution. So I am working with the meeting staff to see if we have – the lowest amount that ICANN receives for sponsorship nowadays is the bronze level, which is \$10,500. But I have requested ICANN staff to prepare some standard packages for amounts lower than \$7,000, like \$2000, \$3000, etc. So the sponsor will be able to have visibility as well when they contribute.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: That's great, Silvia. If you can send this package with the opportunity for different people to apply to different funders. For example, if there is any local ISOC chapter, some local person can go in and ask them for funds and they will see, if they fund something, how visible will be their sponsorships during the showcase, that would be great.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Exactly. I'm working on this. I'm putting together some packages with ICANN staff in charge of the sponsorship arrangements. Different types of packages, so we can offer it and this can be an encouragement for sponsors to help out, to contribute.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Excellent. Thank you, Silvia. At least we will have official on paper to apply for sponsorship to other organizations. My next question is also to Kuek. I have put this in our agenda. Any chances to have showcasing [inaudible]? I know this is a very expensive place, but it's very close to the main venue. So if, Kuek, you can help to identify how much it may cost, we can at least think about it, if there will be any sponsor, then we may come up with the idea having showcase outside of the main venue.

YU-CHANG KUEK: This is something we can definitely look into. It will be a lot pricier, because this will be a standalone cocktail at the Marina Bay Sands as opposed to a week of events where, per event, there will be a lower price. I imagine that this will be fairly costly. It really depends on which venue you're looking at. If you're looking at a restaurant at Marina Bay Sands, that might be a lot more conservative than the [inaudible] SkyPark, for example.

These are my initial reactions. I guess where we get more clarity on the actual numbers that we're expecting, the cost estimate as well as the possibilities for sponsorship, I think between now and March we can certainly look at that as a possibility, but it will be a lot pricier and we probably have to factor in logistics in terms of getting to Marina Bay Sands. We'll probably want to rent buses that will bring us there as well.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: I assume, Kuek, that this will be really pricey. This is just an option that came to our minds brainstorming in Buenos Aires. If there is any possibility just to have a rough amount of [money] which is needed for

Marina Bay Sands, if this will be really huge, we'll just forget about it. That's it. That's the whole idea. Can you do some clarification with the pricing, just rough?

YU-CHANG KUEK: Why don't I get back to you with something.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Great. Thank you. Ali, you raised your hand.

ALI ALMESHAL: Yes. I think during the time that Kuek is checking this one for the pricing and what it requires, it would be good if we look into another option as an alternative as well, because if he can suggest something that can be [inaudible] as another option to that one, that would be great if the price is too much and we cannot afford it. Then [inaudible] which is mal equivalent to this place. Thank you.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Outside of the main venue, you mean? Another option.

ALI ALMESHAL: Yes.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Okay. Yes, Kuek, if possible just to find out if there is any interesting option there besides Marina Bay Sands, outside of the [ruffles] where

the main venue will be. We'll just think about that. If this is possible, we can go for that. If this is not, then we'll forget about it. The venue is there, so we'll have the [inaudible] I assume, for the showcase.

YU-CHANG KUEK: Absolutely. Will do.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Okay. Thank you very much. Silvia, put this as an action item please, and we'll go to another part. Let's move forward for promotional materials, point two in our agenda.

There are a couple of staff already in the process, which we are going to prepare and discuss during BA. The first one is the flipchart with all APRALO ALSes and some information posted there. Maureen and Ali, if you can update what is going on on that issue.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay. Ali, do you want to start?

ALI ALMESHAL: I'll leave it to you, Maureen. Just go ahead.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay. [inaudible] done anything. I think one of the things that [inaudible] before about the fact that I'm going to be in touch with the APRALO ALSes and to find out what they can provide as far as

information for the [inaudible] collage. I already do have photos. They might want to [inaudible] them and that sort of thing. I'll be sending out a message very shortly to the ALSes to get some information back from them for this particular activity.

Unless you've got something else to add, Ali. Have we lost Ali again?

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Yeah. Thanks, Maureen. Yeah, I think this is great, just to approach ALSes and find out what else they would like to – if they have any photo collage or they would like any information posted on those flipcharts, that would be great. Otherwise, if any ALS will not come back with the information, we have almost – there are a couple missing Wiki space, so we can use the brief information posted there with their logos. That's it.

SILVIA VIVANCO: A question regarding the flipchart. How is this different from the booklet with the ALSes that we are planning to have printed out? Is this a printed chart with photos? I guess I would like more clarification on this.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Maureen, can you give some description of what it's going to be?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay. I think one of the things that I was thinking of is that they probably will be up on charts, and I'd be prepared to [collate] that here

where I am. I'll see about what the costs are. If I need any funds, I'll go to a sponsor. Unless Ali's got [inaudible] money [Bahrain] and he wants to sponsor or something like that. I know he's got something. He's got his hand up.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Yes, Ali. Go ahead.

ALI ALMESHAL: [inaudible] just to add one point to this, as I have communicating with the staff that we are preparing another sort of [inaudible], statistics about the chairs and vice chairs of the APRALOs and some info about them and info about the number of ALSes, which we will share as well part of our presentation in a very dynamic and interesting way. So that will be a part for the chair and co-chairs or vice chairs of the APRALO. Thank you.

SILVIA VIVANCO: I just want to clarify that we are talking about two types of information. Information that is in electronic form that we are going to show on the screen, that's not a problem at all. We can work on that even up to a week before or a few days before. Videos, PowerPoint, etc. is not a problem. Information that needs to be printed in booklets, charts or any paper information, the way I work with this is I get the [inaudible] from APRALO in the final form – or pretty much final – and then I send it to ICANN communications staff and they contact a printer locally and have the materials printed.

But this procedure takes some time. So what I advise is to have any documentation, anything that we need to have printed out, ready ideally a month before we are there. So, February. The worst-case scenario, two weeks before. That gives ICANN staff time to contact the local printer and have all the logistics done on time.

So we are thinking about any printed material, again, you need to have it done as soon as possible. Thank you.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Okay, thank you, Silvia. Yes. I think the idea is to have all this printed materials prior to the event, a week or two weeks prior to that. Related to flipcharts, the information which is needed to be printed, I think Maureen and Ali will come back to the staff. Whatever is being decided by the end, what we want on this flipchart, then we'll come back to you and ask for printing. Maureen, is that okay? Maureen and Ali?

ALI ALMESHAL: Yes, I think we'll do that.

MAUREEN HILYARD: It's fine by me.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Excellent. Yes, Maureen. Exactly. You just have dropped a form of what should be printed on flipcharts, what should be posted on flipcharts,

and send that information to staff for printing them. Silvia, did I get you correctly?

SILVIA VIVANCO: Yes. That way, I can also work with staff to know the cost, the budget, we need for the printed materials.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Excellent. So Maureen and Ali will send the draft form. I think by the end of January, we will finalize all the information for the flipchart and for the booklet, which we are going to print for APRALO ALSes, and you will have the whole information to clarify with the staff about the possibilities and prices for printing.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Great. Excellent, thank you.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Let's move to the second question about the video. I think this will not cost anything, as [Imani] really is doing a great job to prepare the video. And the information which Ali asked you, Silvia, about the [chairs], the graph of the increase of ALSes also will be put in that video. [Imani], at least he started that process already. He recorded all people who were in person in Buenos Aires. And this video will be prepared prior and will be shared with us. Any questions related to this? Cheryl, please.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Thank you very much. I just had a thought. If you're going to put a graphic in showing the growth of ALSes in our region, which I think is a wonderful idea, into the video, this will probably end up in an action item for Silvia I suspect. If we have the Google Map pins in countries updated properly and effectively – and I haven't checked it recently, but I see it may need an updating – that would be another good still shot. A shot of that graphic will show our diversity and spread as well. thank you.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Thank you, Cheryl. Yes, this is a great idea. That's how we want to show our diversity and how we want to show the increase of the number of ALSes during the 10 year, 15, year, [inaudible]. Silvia, if you can also help with this map, that would be great to be included in the video.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Okay. So clarifying, ideally with would like to put a map with all the APRALO ALSes. We already have a map – I think it's been updated – showing all the ALSes in APRALO. I will make sure that we have an updated map.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Thank you. If you can prepare this and send to [Imani] to be included in the video, that would be great. Could you put this also as an action item?

SILVIA VIVANCO:

Yes, I'll note it.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN:

Thanks a lot, and thanks, Cheryl, for this wonderful idea. So let's move forward. Another point is finalize all information and logos posted in the Wiki space. I have tried to contact [ATLAS] via private e-mail to each and every ALS which didn't provide any information. So by the time the information is coming, I'm posting it on Wiki, but there are a couple of ALSes who didn't respond at all. At least I will send a couple of reminders, and I think by the end of December, we'll have all those information and their logos posted on Wiki because we need those logos also for the video, which [Imani] is preparing. I will follow up with that information as well.

And I think that this comes to the next question, APRALO booklet, which Silvia is going to prepare for Singapore. This information will be used for APRALO booklet as well. Silvia?

SILVIA VIVANCO:

Yes, correct.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN:

Yeah. We are going to prepare a booklet to be distributed to all participants, I think. Great. Just to close this question, at least by the end of December, the information will be posted in Wiki as much as is available. Ali, go ahead.

ALI ALMESHAD: If I understand that right, the booklet will contain even the statistics and information that we'll be gathering to be presented. Am I right?

SILVIA VIVANCO: It's actually like a directory. I don't know if you saw the AFRALO and also LACRALO produce a booklet. In one page, the ALSes picture with a picture or logo and a brief description of the objective of the ALS. It's basically a directory of all ALSes.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Can we put just the first page of the [map], which will be ready for the booklet?

SILVIA VIVANCO: Yes, of course. We can do [inaudible]. We could customize it and improve it.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Ali?

ALI ALMESHAD: I'm here. If I understand, the booklet concept is a directory for the ALSes. I think if we can add an extra few pages that shows as well as the leaders of the APRALOS, the [inaudible] representation, if it can be put in there, that would be great as well.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: So the information which Silvia will send you, Ali, related to this diagram, related to chairs during this period and the number of ALSes and the map can be included as the first and second pages of that directory, and then the names of ALSes and the information about the ALSes. This will be the information put in booklets. Is that what you mean? Excellent.

ALI ALMESHAL: Yes.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Silvia, just for our future, just keeping in mind that together with that ALS information gathering, also we'll put this diagram and APRALO leaders as well in the booklet.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Okay.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: And Ali will finalize that if, which he will be receiving from you, and send it to you for final approval in the booklet. Ali, are we agreed on that? Ali, we need your confirmation.

ALI ALMESHAL: Yes.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Silvia, can you put an action item that Ali will be sending you this information for the booklet as well?

SILVIA VIVANCO: Yes.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Just for us to keep in mind the whole process who will be going to do what, and for us during the next call to come up with what has been done. Just check what has been done and then move forward. Thank you very much. Let's move the last item of point two, printing of APRALO red badge pin. We decided in BA that this would be great to identity ourselves, to have a red badge pin.

Kuek, if you could send the logo of the Singapore meeting to [Imani] and [Imani] will make a brief design. This is what we agreed. And the design will be sent to the staff for organizing the printing of this pin. This will be possible?

YU-CHANG KUEK: Absolutely. I'll get it from the meeting planners. And I guess at the end of the meeting, there will be a list of action items. I'll [inaudible] based on that.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Thanks. Then, Silvia, please put this as an action item, that Kuek is going to send to [Imani] the logo Singapore meeting. And based on this,

[Imani] will prepare the design of the APRALO red pins. Then the design will be sent to all of us, just to see the design and approve it. And if you can go forward with printing those and finding the price for that, that would be great.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Yes, I will do. And regarding this, what I would need [inaudible], type of material, if it's plastic or metal.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: It's a pin which you can put on your [inaudible] in red color, just to identity ourselves.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Okay, perfect.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: The one thing you have to – every time we have some pins, there is ICANN 15 pins, but we want a little bit bigger one.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Bigger one, okay.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Yes. A little bit bigger one for identification.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Okay. Again, budget is a concern, that we need to identify the requirement so we know what amount will be available. We have, as I mentioned, availability for the booklet already. But for additional promotion and material, I would need to know exactly what you need, and probably we will need to get some sponsorship for that, too.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Excellent. Then what I think that we can do is just to have a list of all materials what we want to print. This is flipchart, this is booklet, this is pins and you will contact staff to identify which of them is possible for being done by staff. Then we'll see which is missing, and if there is any sponsorship to cover those costs, we'll print all those. If no, then we will just have what we have.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Okay, noted.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Maureen posted here that [Imani] is considering some sponsorship for some of our accessories, like pins. That would be great. We can have [Imani's] organization to print those pins and that would be great. If we have the list, then we will know what we are missing. Cheryl, please.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Thank you. I was just thinking when you were talking about the pins and the size. Let's face it. You can't escape an ICANN meeting without a whole bunch of badges being given to you. The last lot of badges out of

the ICANN 15 were absolutely appalling. Printing was fine. The hooks on the back of them were just unacceptable.

Silvia, I would suggest that we ask whether or not they're produced locally or somewhere else that the quality of the badges is looked at. These things come in at cents each. These are not expensive items. I've still got my original 2009 Summit ATLAS-I pin and I've never lost it. I went through two or three ICANN 15 pins because of the poor quality of the manufacturer. We do need to make sure that what we use and give away is an appropriate quality.

That said, at the meeting before last back in Durban, there was a size that was used for the strategic planning workshop, which resulted in a yellow badge saying, "I'm helping planning ICANN [until] 2015" or something similar. That's about the size I think [inaudible] is thinking about. It's somewhat larger than the bottle cap size that we frequently use. It's a little bit larger. It's not quite as large as the [inaudible] at our last APRALO general assembly.

While I have the floor, though, if I may, I wondered whether we could explore again. And this time, perhaps, with enough advanced planning get something that is both cost-effective and perhaps even sponsored and of suitable quality. Maureen, you and I were particularly keen last time around for having a fan of some description, and I think we've got enough lead time to perhaps look at that. Perhaps, Maureen, you and I could own having a look at that and looking at [inaudible] things or something locally produced in Singapore. As you know, with the humidity, people will definitely appreciate a fan. Depending on the price, we could even look at putting that in each of the bags. And Silvia,

yes, I will provide you with the exact sizes. [inaudible], I'll give it to the micro-millimeter. Thank you.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Excellent comment regarding the quality of the pins or any other material. Two points, first is the timing. So the closer we are to the meeting time, the less likely we are to control the quality. The meeting staff usually contracts some provider [inaudible].

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: [inaudible] and I understand, but I'm pretty sure that ICANN knew it was going to turn 15 in advance of our last meeting.

SILVIA VIVANCO: And the second point is just, for example, what I have seen is that whenever the ALSes themselves contact the person that do – for example, the key holders for LACRALO, one of the members knew someone locally who had very nice quality. I trust a lot the local people there [inaudible] nice, detailed work. We can [fund] it and pay them.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Maureen and I, we'll reach out to Mary Wong or someone who is on the ground in Singapore.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Exactly. Yeah, that's my point. Thank you. Okay.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Excellent. Can you put as an action item also, Silvia, for people to know? Then we'll come back to see what has been clarified on that. Let's move to another action item. The stickers. I have put some names in the agenda on Wiki. I forgot to put the names of Kuek, the [inaudible] Pacific Islands [Savi]. Can you show the agenda on the screen for everybody to see, Silvia, if possible?

So actually, there are the names of Olivier as chair of At-Large. Then we have Fadi Chehade, Steve Crocker, Sebastian. Also I want to put there the names of Kuek. Kuek, you agreed already for being a speaker for that event, so be ready. Kuek and [Savi]. And we have also one two-minute speech from Holly and Cheryl. Everybody is okay with the names? Anybody has any idea to add? So we have agreement from Cheryl. That's great. Do you have any other suggestions? Maureen is okay. This is great. Okay, [Imani] is dropping all the time.

So this list of speakers is finalized. I will make additional updates on Wiki for us to know that the finalized update list of speakers is there. Are we okay with them?

Let's move to the last point. Pavan suggested to have some small brief quiz questions to be asked during the showcase. I think this is a great idea. Silvia, can you put the questions which were drafted for everybody to see? This is just a small quiz for all participants there, like how many languages are spoken in India, how many languages in Pacific, how many ccTLDs. We can ask the question to the audience. The person who

will get the correct answer will receive some small gift from APRALO. Do you like the idea? Cheryl likes the idea. That's good.

I think, Silvia, if you can share with this group via e-mail the questions which are now on your screen, and if you have any additional questions to come up with that, that would be great. I don't think that we need more than seven or eight questions because we don't have too much time for that, but some specific for region questions which can just be interesting. Everybody will remember all those answers at the end I think for future. Yes, Ali, please.

ALI ALMESHAL:

Yes. Just want to step back for the speakers. I think our incoming chair needs to give a speech, as [inaudible] go for including Siranush as well to give a speech in that APRALO showcase.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN:

Thank you, Ali. I think that the initial speech, the welcoming speech, will be done by me. There will be a speech from my side, some welcoming speech to all to that showcase. Then I will facilitate the process, so I will be with the mic all the time I think. But there will be a welcoming speech at the beginning of the showcase by me.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR:

I actually think the questions are great. I do not think you should go more than seven questions. I'm happy with five, but if you go as far as seven, that's all right.

I'd like to suggest that they are actually printed up as a postcard-sized object and that they are given out at the beginning as people come in, and they're a small enough size for people to take away. I wondered, however, about rather than leading the answers blank as a guest whether or not we can give two or three options. Number of languages open in India: 2, 102, or 23. That type of thing. People will be less threatened by this. It's a little bit more like a bingo card. So if they're selected or otherwise, they will remember when you read out what the correct answer is.

The other thing is I would like to suggest that the question about the number of ALSes, unless they've been watching the space, they won't know unless that's something that is in one of the speeches. Please ensure that material, the correct answer to these things, is either in the printed material or in the [inaudible] present itself. Thank you.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN:

Thank you, Cheryl. I think these questions are just [inaudible] questions, so we can change them with whatever we think is appropriate. If Silvia sends the questions to the list, we can come up with suggestions. Then I completely agree that we don't need more than seven, assuming that five will be okay even. But not more than seven. Is it okay if we can send it via e-mail and come up with the ideas for the questions? Great. I see agreement in the space. That's good. I think we covered all the issues to do during this month. Ali, please go ahead.

ALI ALMESHAL: I don't know if I heard Cheryl well. I'm not so sure if I heard Cheryl well, but I think with regard to these questions, it would be great if we throw the answers in our presentation when we are doing just a quick five minutes or whatever presentation, that we show the answers of these questions and that's why we tell everybody just pay attention to the presentation, because it will give you an indicator or [attention] about the answers. So people who will focus on the presentation that will run for this five minutes or seven minutes, then easily they can have the answers on the papers they are having. So just to make it easy and fun and not something officially. Thank you.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Great, excellent. I agree completely, Ali. The idea of [inaudible] is good. So we can come up with the final question when our video will be ready and we'll have specific information posted there. So there will be maps, there will be these diagrams. So we can come up with the questions based on what we have in our video. Are we in agreement on that? Great.

Then, at the end, by having all those questions already finalized, we will have them to print as postcards. This is what Cheryl suggested.

SILVIA VIVANCO: One question. You would like this to be [inaudible] Organizing Committee members or the APRALO [inaudible]?

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: For Organizing only. No need to send it to all ALSes.

SILVI VIVANCO: Okay. And just one more point. I know we are a little bit past the hour. Regarding dancing or [inaudible] performance, are we planning to have any dancing performance?

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: This question, we should come up to Kuek. Kuek, any suggestions that any [inaudible] can be organized for that? Any local specific dancing? I'm not sure I'm quite aware of that.

YU-CHANG KUEK: There can be dance. Again, this might be a budget issue. I noticed that in Buenos Aires we had tango dancers. It is possible to get something in Singapore as well. I guess it really is up to the discretion of the Organizing Committee.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Line dance. Cheryl suggested line dance.

YU-CHANG KUEK: That's possible.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Can you ask your staff to clarify how much it will cost, to identify the amount which is needed for that? At least we will have some [folklore] staff there as well.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Kuek, excellent point regarding the funding. Usually what I have seen is that it depends. For example, in Costa Rica, we have an [NGO] who basically almost donated. It was very, very affordable. But in Buenos Aires, it was a little more expensive. Sponsorship covered that, the dancing. It really depends. And locally, people that are there on the ground can find good performance for not such an expensive price. So that would be my recommendation. If there is someone there that can help out to find a small dancing or [folklore] performance. [It would] be nice to wrap up with such a thing.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: If we can put this as an action item for you to coordinate with the staff, if there's any possibility on that. Would it be okay?

YU-CHANG KUEK: Absolutely.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Excellent. So we'll have this as an action item for your staff to support with some [folklore]. Satish, go ahead.

SATISH BABU: Thanks, Siranush. I would also agree that we should have a [inaudible] program. But I was wondering if this budget was ICANN budget and not

our budget. [inaudible] to provide such a [custom] experience. Thank you.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Satish, yes, we have available budget from ICANN to cover some other costs, but I think that we need some local support as well to organize some [folklore], some dancing there. We need to apply to others for sponsorship.

SATISH BABU: Thanks.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: I agree with Silvia that At-Large doesn't have budget for dancers. So this is our showcase. If there is any opportunity to make it nice, we'll do it if any additional funds will be there. If no, then okay. We'll do with what we have.

This is not in the agenda. I know we are ten minutes already past eleven, but last question. This is directly to Kuek as well. We have discussed this in Buenos Aires that we want to start to pay attention to disabilities, and if there is any possibility for some disabilities to be invited for our showcase in Singapore, for us to stress that Internet is equal for everyone and disabilities are [inaudible] be a part of this, an integrated part of this.

If there is any organization working on disabilities there and they would like to have their representation during the showcase, this would be

great just to show to the audience that this is also in ICANN, which is under our attention. Is it possible [inaudible] working with disabilities and [building] with Internet issues as well? Maybe they can cover their participation or we can ask for sponsorship to invite two or three people to come for showcase. This is another diversity issue as well to show to the audience.

YU-CHANG KUEK:

I think that's perfectly doable. I'll look into this.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN:

Excellent. We will put this as an action item as well. So thank you very much. I think that we did a great job during this one hour and ten minutes, and I think that we are moving forward. These action items will be posted in our Wiki, but Silvia, please send also these action items to the Organizing Committee for everyone to see what has been discussed and what our action items to move forward.

And the next call I think will be in the middle of January. I think all of us will be involved with the New Year's holidays. Maybe during the week of January 15. Is it okay for everyone, mid-January? Just send a Doodle covering that mid-January and we'll come up with the timing and decide the date. Excellent. Thank you very much. Thank you all for your active pay attention. I'm looking forward to our [inaudible] cooperation. And having this chance, I want to wish in person you a happy new year and Merry Christmas.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Thank you so much, Siranush, and thank you everyone, Kuek and everyone for attending.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Thank you very much for your attendance.

ALI ALMESHAL: Thank you and bye-bye.

[END OF TRANSCRIPT]